Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

Screenshots are forever, folks. Don’t be a Steve.
Okf.gif

This isn't cancel culture?

That would be if we went back and resurrected a tweet from 5 years ago saying this. He said this YESTERDAY.

There is no time stamp on cancel culture. It's simply the culture of trying to ruin someone's life because they say something you don't like. I hate what the guy said, but if I'm going to decry the cancel culture when liberals use it against folks, I need to hate it when Vols use it against folks.

Hit the guy with memes and make him look like a fool. But publicly pressuring his job to fire him (and that's exactly what that was) is going too far.

He got fired for that

While I disagree with his comment and it was probably just sour grapes like most bama fan comments have been since Saturday, I don't like people losing their jobs for stuff like this. Now if he has a history of stuff like this and his company doesn't want to be associated with him any longer then that is their decision.

Of course, when you choose to put your private thoughts out into the world for everyone to see then you get what you get and you don't pitch a fit.

I am glad that VN is anonymous.

While I disagree with his comment and it was probably just sour grapes like most bama fan comments have been since Saturday, I don't like people losing their jobs for stuff like this. Now if he has a history of stuff like this and his company doesn't want to be associated with him any longer then that is their decision.

Of course, when you choose to put your private thoughts out into the world for everyone to see then you get what you get and you don't pitch a fit.

I am glad that VN is anonymous.

Old school anonymous forums like VN are one of the few good parts of the internet left.

There is no time stamp on cancel culture. It's simply the culture of trying to ruin someone's life because they say something you don't like. I hate what the guy said, but if I'm going to decry the cancel culture when liberals use it against folks, I need to hate it when Vols use it against folks.

Hit the guy with memes and make him look like a fool. But publicly pressuring his job to fire him (and that's exactly what that was) is going too far.
It's not political to not like someone wishing violence/dismemberment on another human being...

This isn't cancel culture?

That would be if we went back and resurrected a tweet from 5 years ago saying this. He said this YESTERDAY.
Cancel culture in general is trying to remove people from polite society for the things they say. I don’t think it has to be old things.

It's not political to not like someone wishing violence/dismemberment on another human being...
I didn't say it was political. I said that I hate cancel culture, defined cancel culture when the definition was questioned, and indicated that when possible I try not to be a hypocrite.

And I never said we have to like it. That's the point!

VN: "It's low life to put hands on someone over words."
Also VN: "Let's get that guy fired and ruin his family's lives because of words!"

SMDH

I didn't say it was political. I said that I hate cancel culture, defined cancel culture when the definition was questioned, and indicated that when possible I try not to be a hypocrite.

Also VN: "Let's get that guy fired and ruin his family's lives because of words!"

SMDH
Call Bama “Karen” for whining about ref calls but then literally go and talk to some Bama fan’s manager.

Cancel culture in general is trying to remove people from polite society for the things they say. I don’t think it has to be old things.
lol Funny you use that phrase "polite society" when cancel culture has produced anything but. Cancel culture is a weapon used to try to enforce your views and values via fear of consequences. It's cultural terrorism.

And I never said we have to like it. That's the point!

SMDH

"Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." Kele fired him because his values were in conflict with theirs. He got himself fired.

Do dumb things. Win dumb prizes.

"Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." Kele fired him because his values were in conflict with theirs. He got himself fired.

The amount of find out was directly proportional to the amount of mess around that was perpetrated? Is that what you are implying?

Can you name someone who has been a victim of cancel culture?

I take no issue with Kele firing him. It's a free market. I'm taking issue with VolTwitter acting as vendetta to cancel him and try to get him fired. If I see someone splashing themselves with gas, I don't want to throw the match just because they disagree with me, or are just truly stupid.

Who's the real monster? The idiot with the gas, or the people throwing matches?

VN Store

Back