Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

iu
4b3a288c28b50c0085f2586fb3ef32607d6aeda4f8f5ff30a555bec4c86769d3.jpg

For what it's worth, the electricity and energy in that stadium and all the pre game production far outweighed what took place. Tennessee is producing a championship product in that regard. Most of that debauchery was the student section so the back and forth on this site is stupid. Those players and recruits saw a fanbase that would go too far and a little extreme to support and have their backs. I don't condone it but I haven't seen a player or recruit tweet a single negative thing. They all appreciated the fans. Just my observations from last night.
French's Mustard... so smart.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I seriously doubt any recruit gives two cow sh**s that a small percentage of our amazing crowd last night threw some water bottles onto the field. Seriously doubt they care that Kiffin got hit in an extremity with a golf ball. What they likely did care about was 102,000 screaming their a$$e$ off all night and seeing an undermanned team taking it to a high powered top ranked team and having a shot to win it at the end. They know how close we are to being a serious threat.

I hope you are right

Almost as weak as the loons who have been supporting the pathetic excuse of so called fans who threw things at Kiffin.
You can’t take anyones fandom away because you don’t agree with they way they support this team. How pathetically obtuse are you? I could show you, but the mods would just delete the receipts.

By the way.. Nolens dad seemed to not not mind.

Definitely the first time I saw adults acting like 2 year olds en masse… I honestly thought we were better than the Florida and Alabama fan bases, last night some of our fans did not show it.

Alabama fans don’t get to see awful calls go against them. I don’t condone any of what happened, but I know why it happened.

I saw some fans being removed with cuffs and they were both adults and college-age people being led away. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how old they were. They embarrassed the University, students, fans, coaches and players. Actions like this can not be tolerated at any level. Actions like those demonstrated last night is a sign of the lack of discipline we are seeing in our Country and the World. My fear is these kind of actions will increase and similar actions will increase and become the norm. Some posters on this board also seem to be more supportive violence rather than holding people accountable for their actions. The trend is going the way of disaster.

However, one has to fully analyze the situation. Listen to Josh Pate’s analysis on it. Spot on. A reasonable person wouldn’t condone what happened. But if you analyze why it happened, the conference ineptitude is a contributing factor. You can’t expect fans to spend money and invest time to continually trot out a piss poor product as the officiating. At some point, the frustration just becomes too much. Kiffin also probably had a little to do with it, and he even kept egging it on AFTER his post game interview.

The behavior was bad, but don’t give us a **** sandwich and expect us to like it. The conference is to partly blame for the mess.

Reactions: gainesvol82
However, one has to fully analyze the situation. Listen to Josh Pate’s analysis on it. Spot on. A reasonable person wouldn’t condone what happened. But if you analyze why it happened, the conference ineptitude is a contributing factor. You can’t expect fans to spend money and invest time to continually trot out a piss poor product as the officiating. At some point, the frustration just becomes too much. Kiffin also probably had a little to do with it, and he even kept egging it on AFTER his post game interview.

The behavior was bad, but don’t give us a **** sandwich and expect us to like it. The conference is to partly blame for the mess.

So basically you can’t expect adults to act rationally and be mature? Got it. I have donated to the university for the last 10 years. I have never even remotely acted close to what some of the fans did. But yeah keep up with the excuses of bad behavior. It’s always someone else’s fault.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
You can’t take anyones fandom away because you don’t agree with they way they support this team. How pathetically obtuse are you? I could show you, but the mods would just delete the receipts.

By the way.. Nolens dad seemed to not not mind.

Just giving my opinion. Don’t like it? I don’t care. I hope I am dead wrong about it hurting recruiting. When it comes to recruiting I am wrong way more often than I am right, so there is that.

So basically you can’t expect adults to act rationally and be mature? Got it. I have donated to the university for the last 10 years. I have never even remotely acted close to what some of the fans did. But yeah keep up with the excuses of bad behavior. It’s always someone else’s fault.

You are being disingenuous if you don't want to consider cause and effect. If it was Mark Stoops, bad play with average officiating, and UK won 34-7, then nothing happens. Oh yea, like last year.

I am not condoning any of it, but as one media site (non-UT) stated it was a powder keg waiting to happen, and it is just so happened in Knoxville on Saturday. It's about probabilities. The conference can fix what it CONTROLS, and the probability of this happening would go way down.

VN Store

Back