Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

It was like the fight scene on anchorman when everybody brings put the most random weapons lol

iu

Who throws a bottle of mustard? Who brings a golf ball to a football game? It's random as hell. I was absolutely captivated
I'm still trying figure out all these thing made it in? I always get checked when entee the stadium so much I feel like should tip the guy.

Well duh, if he used a brand new ball instead of a shag..... he's a moron...
Fake news. Someone practicing their driving and sliced one bad.
Or more likely kiffin brought it and had someone throw it while he knew the camera was on him.

Yes they are, they're people and people do stupid sh!t.. Stop acting the UT fanbase is somehow morally superior to all other college fanbases.. 🙄
Can we not try and out class the other fan bases ? As a whole Vol Nation imo is and will always be the most loyal passionate fan base in the country. You saw it last night, that place was rocking and a beautiful sight. What happened last night is a black eye. Nothing more, nothing less. But yes I would hope people would have more control than what we witnessed last night. But hey our kids responded to all that by damn near winning the game at the end. I do think the person who throws golf balls at a FOOTBALL game was premeditated and had intent to injure and if they find out who it was they should be removed from attending any further UT sporting events permanently. GBO

I didn’t like seeing fans throw stuff on the field. But frankly, if recruits were fine with it then I’m done talking about it.

My biggest worry last night was that it would undermine what was otherwise an electric atmosphere for recruits. But I haven’t seen a single one with anything bad to say, and several current players have come out saying that they appreciated the support. So f*** it. The players are the ones whose opinions matter most, and if they’re not bothered, I won’t say another word.

On to Bama week. Let’s make something crazy happen.

Fake news. Someone practicing their driving and sliced one bad.
Or more likely kiffin brought it and had someone throw it while he knew the camera was on him.
I actually had this thought at one point. I wouldn't put it past him.

Reactions: GVol1966
I seriously doubt any recruit gives two cow sh**s that a small percentage of our amazing crowd last night threw some water bottles onto the field. Seriously doubt they care that Kiffin got hit in an extremity with a golf ball. What they likely did care about was 102,000 screaming their a$$e$ off all night and seeing an undermanned team taking it to a high powered top ranked team and having a shot to win it at the end. They know how close we are to being a serious threat.

For what it's worth, the electricity and energy in that stadium and all the pre game production far outweighed what took place. Tennessee is producing a championship product in that regard. Most of that debauchery was the student section so the back and forth on this site is stupid. Those players and recruits saw a fanbase that would go too far and a little extreme to support and have their backs. I don't condone it but I haven't seen a player or recruit tweet a single negative thing. They all appreciated the fans. Just my observations from last night.

VN Store

Back