Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to disagree with Southern Crafts beer. I'm not a huge fan of Great Oak Brewery.
Southern Craft BBQ is extremely well done.
Cafe one 11 has the best sushi and fried calamari.
Freibergs has really good beer and food, if you like German food/beer.
I always forget about Freiburgs. It's excellent!

they saying hotspot is panhandle niw. Warm there. I also heard they are reopening places that have actual cases increasing. So to me that sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Depends on your source. If your source is the media, then a good rule of thumb is to wait 72 hours and see if the exact opposite happens.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
In three months, we will see whose right. But, anytime I’ve been in public where I live, one in five maybe wearing a mask. I step away to let others get their meat in front of me then when it’s my turn, a 70 year old woman pushed me out of the way to get in front of me and I quickly back away though it’s my turn and get six feet away and guess what, she had NO mask. I try to distance and do the right thing but unless it’s a n95, these mask not being worn properly do more harm than good. People think it protects them but it doesn’t and older people over the expected age of 76 do typically die of they catch something during influenza season and yet no mask have I seen in this country till now. If it makes you feel better, if the place I lived was a hotspot then I would wear one. But saw my mom on Mother’s Day for the first time since February and neither one of us wore a mask and even ate together. Guess I now hate my other. Your holier than thou attitude is amazing and Jesus as God would not have wore a mask because he was, well, God.

Here’s where I answered WWJD and it wasn’t deleted so obviously you either didn’t read it or have me on ignore. Also, Jesus didn’t mind to touch leper’s and didn’t wear a mask around them or anyone else after touching said leper.

I have been checking out a lot of these Post Modern Jukebox videos on youtube the last couple of months. If you are not familiar, they do a lot of covers of old songs, but they are rearranged into old-style jazz band sounds, ranging from the Roaring 20s through the '50s, and feature some outstanding female vocalists.

This is a cover of Creep, an old song from the '90s by Radiohead, and features Haley Reinhart on vocals. I was not aware of her before seeing her in some of these PMJ videos, but my daughter said she believes she was once a runner up in one of those talent shows. But the girl has some pipes and an unbelievable stage presence.

Creep
Wow

I have been checking out a lot of these Post Modern Jukebox videos on youtube the last couple of months. If you are not familiar, they do a lot of covers of old songs, but they are rearranged into old-style jazz band sounds, ranging from the Roaring 20s through the '50s, and feature some outstanding female vocalists.

This is a cover of Creep, an old song from the '90s by Radiohead, and features Haley Reinhart on vocals. I was not aware of her before seeing her in some of these PMJ videos, but my daughter said she believes she was once a runner up in one of those talent shows. But the girl has some pipes and an unbelievable stage presence.

Creep
double post

Last edited:
Here’s where I answered WWJD and it wasn’t deleted so obviously you either didn’t read it or have me on ignore. Also, Jesus didn’t mind to touch leper’s and didn’t wear a mask around them or anyone else after touching said leper.
Lol. That doesn't answer the question. Your avoidance speaks volumes. Jesus didn't wear a mask because he was a healer. I can assure you Jesus would encourage you to wear a mask if it meant protecting the weak.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Hot weather has 0 effect. Brazil has it bad and they have warm weather year round.

I would venture to guess that it is a combination of warm weather vs. population density. Sure Brazil is warm but it also has super high density areas where that overrides the warm temperature and UV. In most of the US, population density is much lower and the higher temps will have more of an effect in controlling the virus.

I would venture to guess that it is a combination of warm weather vs. population density. Sure Brazil is warm but it also has super high density areas where that overrides the warm temperature and UV. In most of the US, population density is much lower and the higher temps will have more of an effect in controlling the virus.

Scientists studying it say 77 degrees and higher is the magic number for reduction. So your theory is very likely true. Some dense populations are also indoors more like NYC.

Since the subject came up and it is still here - Jesus gave his disciples the ability to heal the lepers and other ailments of the people. As believers and disciples they trusted the Lord for the healing power, not man. The leper was separated from the people due to the contagion and not allowed to be back into the populace until proven he/she was healed. Healthy people did not leave and stay with them as a general rule. Food, clothing, etc. was brought to a safe location, where the afflicted would come to retrieve. It was an awful existence if the body could not heal itself. Jesus upset that applecart as he did so many others. He offered healing, hope, and love - which included touch. The Pharisees reacted harshly for it violated the law and cultural traditions. No healing allowed, especially on the Lord's Day (ironic). To bring this more current, at one time there was even a leper colony on Molokai in Hawaii as an example.

This is neither pro or anti mask. That's a personal issue to resolve. But when using scripture of the Lord to make a point and support a position, how did Ezekiel (Ch. 37) respond to God in the Valley of Dry Bones? "You alone know." Right answer. He could have said, "of course not" or even "yes" instead. That would have been presumptuous and wrong. In this discussion, only the Lord would know if he would wear a mask in this situation or if he would tell the disciples and people around the contagious person to use a mask or any other protective gear.

Like Ezekiel, I will not presume to know what God (Jesus) would do or not do. I will follow what He puts into my heart and mind to do and not judge others for a different choice.

Let's see if we can mend some fences and discuss other things that are not so contentious.

Since the subject came up and it is still here - Jesus gave his disciples the ability to heal the lepers and other ailments of the people. As believers and disciples they trusted the Lord for the healing power, not man. The leper was separated from the people due to the contagion and not allowed to be back into the populace until proven he/she was healed. Healthy people did not leave and stay with them as a general rule. Food, clothing, etc. was brought to a safe location, where the afflicted would come to retrieve. It was an awful existence if the body could not heal itself. Jesus upset that applecart as he did so many others. He offered healing, hope, and love - which included touch. The Pharisees reacted harshly for it violated the law and cultural traditions. No healing allowed, especially on the Lord's Day (ironic). To bring this more current, at one time there was even a leper colony on Molokai in Hawaii as an example.

This is neither pro or anti mask. That's a personal issue to resolve. But when using scripture of the Lord to make a point and support a position, how did Ezekiel (Ch. 37) respond to God in the Valley of Dry Bones? "You alone know." Right answer. He could have said, "of course not" or even "yes" instead. That would have been presumptuous and wrong. In this discussion, only the Lord would know if he would wear a mask in this situation or if he would tell the disciples and people around the contagious person to use a mask or any other protective gear.

Like Ezekiel, I will not presume to know what God (Jesus) would do or not do. I will follow what He puts into my heart and mind to do and not judge others for a different choice.

Let's see if we can mend some fences and discuss other things that are not so contentious.

Thanks for this. A breath of clean air.

Reactions: Vols4us

AB647CB7-763B-443C-A2F1-9EB5397DBCE6.gif

Nailed it, brother.

Was listening to the radio yesterday when a song came on. This song ALWAYS gets stuck in my head for days afterwards. A real earworm.

Is there a particular song that repeats over and over in your head after hearing it?

Prince's Little Red Corvette will be with me all week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back