Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your stomach acid is more acidic than coke, and it doesn't dissolve your body like a comic book. Also, you can substitute wine, coffee, and orange juice in similar experiments and get the same result.

I was talking about the effects on enamel and teeth, thought the types of acid found in sodas are different than the naturally produced acids in your stomach. the difference is that you don't find the levels of HFCS in sodas in wine or coffee or orange juice (sodas also have no helpful nutrients or vitamins) . HFCS hits the brain similarly to addictive drugs, so sodas are less likely to be consumed in moderation.

I guess I should clarify that the coke / car battery thing made a "whoa, cool" impression on me as a twelve year-old or whatever, but the overwhelming data on the damages caused by consistent consumption of sodas is what got me to stop drinking them years later.

The gastric acid in our stomachs is composed of hydrochloric acid, potassium chloride, and sodium chloride. If that stuff doesn't eat through your stomach lining then a little cold drink ain't gonna do squat.
So our insides are like Alien's blood? Scary

The old fashioned Flu is statistically way more deadly than coronavirus. Coronavirus is a media sensationalized scare tactic. Same thing they did with Ebola, SARS, mad cow disease, etc.

If you are at all a conspiracy theorist, it’s not too far of a stretch to consider China having purposefully created it in a lab to stir emotion-based, knee jerk reaction worldwide and hurt the US markets / China - US trade deal (which it is now doing).

Either way, it’s waaaay blown out of proportion.

The “old-fashioned” flu has already killed 14,000 Americans this year alone. Nothing to sneeze at. 😏

And the fear attached to coronavirus is simply the unknown. It hasn’t been around and studied for years and years like the flu.

As for your other point - you been listening to too much Limbaugh. Take off the tin foil hat.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
The “old-fashioned” flu has already killed 14,000 Americans this year alone. Nothing to sneeze at. 😏

And the fear attached to coronavirus is simply the unknown. It hasn’t been around and studied for years and years like the flu.

As for your other point - you been listening to too much Limbaugh. Take off the tin foil hat.

Part of the problem is Flu viruses can only live for several hours on an inert surface. If it is true that CoVid can survive without a human host for up to 9 days - that is a real problem in containing it.

word. ever tried zaya? i used to work in a kinda boutique-ish whiskey shop that carried it and it was my go-to for a long time. drank it neat.

Zaya Rum - Learn more

I don't think I have tried that one. We have tried lots of different kinds in the CM price point but didn't find any that we liked even remotely equal to CM. I'll try and look for Zaya.

Reactions: Geaux_Vols
The old fashioned Flu is statistically way more deadly than coronavirus. Coronavirus is a media sensationalized scare tactic. Same thing they did with Ebola, SARS, mad cow disease, etc.

If you are at all a conspiracy theorist, it’s not too far of a stretch to consider China having purposefully created it in a lab to stir emotion-based, knee jerk reaction worldwide and hurt the US markets / China - US trade deal (which it is now doing).

Not a chance on that theory. It's really messing with their manufacturing and hurting export $$.

Or redirect the exhaust into the fresh air intake.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back