Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm convinced that the Bible, including the Hebrew Torah, the prophets, the writings/wisdom literature, as well as the gospels and the letters of the New Testament all were inspired by YHWH God .

There are some 1.5 BILLION Hindus that consider much of what is contained in the Vedas to be “authorless,” that the words of the text came straight from God/the universal being.

So which Holy Book is “right?”

Or could it be they are all describing in essence the same concepts, just Illustrated through different cultural lenses.

Go Vols!

When teaching history, I relied upon the written accounts of historians. Those written accounts prove the existence of Jesus. The don't back up the middle-ages Catholic Chruch's choice of books to include. Just think, if it weren't for Martin Luther, you'd have to go see my buddy who is a Latin professor at Belmont to read the Bible.
giphy.gif

When teaching history, I relied upon the written accounts of historians. Those written accounts prove the existence of Jesus. The don't back up the middle-ages Catholic Chruch's choice of books to include. Just think, if it weren't for Martin Luther, you'd have to go see my buddy who is a Latin professor at Belmont to read the Bible.

Luther's translated German bible wasn't the source of translation for the KJV, for what it's worth.

There are some 1.5 BILLION Hindus that consider much of what is contained in the Vedas to be “authorless,” that the words of the text came straight from God/the universal being.

So which Holy Book is “right?”

Or could it be they are all describing in essence the same concepts, just Illustrated through different cultural lenses.

Go Vols!
Looking around, yep, off-topic forum now, we're good...

I don't think the concepts are the same. The 3 in 1 God of the Bible who took on the righteous judgment required by his holiness against his creation upon himself in the God/Man, Jesus, promised from the very beginning of the story (Gen 3:15) and many times centuries before he showed up as a virgin-born helpless baby.... that story is unique...

There is no story in history like the story of the Bible. The intention of God to glorify his Son, Jesus, in the work of rescuing humanity, made in his image, is the main point of the Bible.

Only bass panders for likes, you're all good sister.
Wait! Bass said Ron does.... I don't care I like what I like. I don't have time to worry about why they are being likeable. Except for the few that brag about having more likes than others when they never like others posts. Think it was Charger that got me to thinking about this lol.

They do not, but it's their favorite passage.
I do. I believe. I give to community (I've volunteered everywhere from prisons to inner city schools to homeless shelters). I don't work to make money. I work to serve the community. I've found that when I changed my approach from what can I get to what can I give, I was given more opportunities and bigger outlets to give through. But, by all means, use blind faith to judge me and anyone else.

I do. I believe. I give to community (I've volunteered everywhere from prisons to inner city schools to homeless shelters). I don't work to make money. I work to serve the community. I've found that when I changed my approach from what can I get to what can I give, I was given more opportunities and bigger outlets to give through. But, by all means, use blind faith to judge me and anyone else.

To be fair your hat says gangster on it....

That's awesome, and I commend you! I was not judging you since I do not know you except for a few posts on here. But thanks for judging my post lol..... and none of that has to do with that passage.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back