Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest POS movie ever made...right up there with The Blindside.
giphy.gif

Not liking Rudy is just a really bad character flaw as a sports fan or any human being, really. I'm sorry.
And, I'm sorry I'm of such low character, for not liking a movie that could have been made about countless other walk-ons, at countless other schools; but, since it happened at Notre Dame, well...

THAT'S the reason that garbage made it to the big screen, because the dude loved Notre Dame. Early 90's, come on, man. I mean, if they're going to glorify Rudy, why not Colton Jumper? Hell, at least Jumper started, and played more than 3 plays...and now he's on an NFL roster. From walk-on, to starter, to Undrafted Free Agent, to roster spot. That's a hell of a lot more inspiring than 3 plays. Where's Colton Jumper's movie, damn it?!?!

Great movie but I've heard rudy was a huge ass in real life. Who knows though.
He almost wasn't allowed back on campus, because he kept harrassing the university so much to make the movie about his life. True story.

Reactions: Sleegro
Give me Hoosiers; or Remember The Titans; or We Are Marshall; or Radio; or The Natural...over Rudy, any day.

Those are good too. The Natural is, arguably, the best baseball movie ever made. I don't think Rudy is the best movie ever, but it's a great, inspirational, feel-good flick.

Those are good too. The Natural is, arguably, the best baseball movie ever made. I don't think Rudy is the best movie ever, but it's a great, inspirational, feel-good flick.
TBH, I believe I would have liked Rudy more (or, at least not hated it) if he had played anywhere else, even Bama...welll...maybe not Bama, either...

...because it IS inspirational.

But, the fact that I absolutely hate Notre Dame; and, truly believing the ONLY reason that movie got made was because it WAS Notre Dame did me in. Also, from what I've always heard and read, a lot of it was absolute BS, all the way down to his older brother, which the real Rudy Ruettiger doesn't even have.

And, yes...The Natural is the greatest baseball movie ever, in my humble opinion.

Reactions: DixieVol
TBH, I believe I would have liked Rudy more (or, at least not hated it) if he had played anywhere else, even Bama...welll...maybe not Bama, either...

...because it IS inspirational.

But, the fact that I absolutely hate Notre Dame; and, truly believing the ONLY reason that movie got made was because it WAS Notre Dame did me in. Also, from what I've always heard and read, a lot of it was absolute BS, all the way down to his older brother, which the real Rudy Ruettiger doesn't even have.

And, yes...The Natural is the greatest baseball movie ever, in my humble opinion.

You mean a movie was part fiction? Stop the presses!

It’s weird you hate ND and Rudy so much. It’s just a university and it’s just a movie. Relax.

Reactions: wrangler
You mean a movie was part fiction? Stop the presses!

It’s weird you hate ND and Rudy so much. It’s just a university and it’s just a movie. Relax.
Someone outside the Irish fanbase, hating Notre Dame...yeah, real weird. 🤨

I guess by your logic, we can no longer hate Bama, or UGA, or UF, or Vandy...just universities.

Edit: Waste of time.

Last edited:
Someone outside the Irish fanbase, hating Notre Dame...yeah, real weird. 🤨

I guess by your logic, we can no longer hate Bama, or UGA, or UF, or Vandy...just universities.

Look, man...I'm sorry you go to bed at night, sucking your thumb to Rudy Ruettiger's 3 plays, and dreams of Touchdown Jesus and the Four Horsemen. If I had known it would offend you so, I wouldn't have said anything; because your one of my favorite posters, who has had my utmost respect. However, my mind and opinions have been known to change before.
You're getting way to upset over a movie. Calm down there lil buddy.

Reactions: Sleegro
A buddy of mine who went to GA tech in the late 90s told me that during freshamn orientation they showed the actual clips of game film from Rudy''s playing. Not quite like the movie.

Reactions: SugarCC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back