Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you saying he was right? Or saying he was wrong?

If he was wrong, and Obama didn't cause it, then Trump isn't causing it now. If he was right, then both Obama and Trump are weak leaders.
All that I am saying is that Trump is claiming that he is in fact a weak leader based on his original tweet about weak leadership.

So really I'm pointing out that is in an idiot.

Last edited:
There are no racist laws on the book. MLK was the champion for that cause. He preached the gospel and fed us. He told church leaders to be more Christian and It worked.

People today are angry at the sinful heart of people and rightly so. But there’s nothing to be done legislatively or in the courts to fix the heart.

To even mention the president’s leadership shows nearsightedness. Change isn’t made in Washington. Change is made at home, in church, and spreads upward. Children must be taught respect, continually conditioned to what Christ says about people.

Stop looking at elected officials for help is what I say. Love God. Love your neighbor.

What I’m concerned about in regards to Floyd and Officer Chauvin is the outcome of the trial.

The autopsy came back and said he didn’t die of asphyxiation or strangulationnor trains to the neck or spine. Basically hypertension, heart failure. I guess stress of being in custody. I don’t know much about law. Causation and correlation and how it relates to a conviction. And if he’s acquitted things will be burn even more.

Got murdered but made the world a better place. Looting and rioting does nothing to improve the situation. People should be outraged over the police needlessly killing a man. It was a horrendous act. Rioting and looting are not legitimate forms of protest. Suggesting they're somehow the answer is idiotic. Protest the police, the people who actually did something wrong. Demand change. Looting a target and burning unrelated businesses down does nothing to spread the message. It just creates more outrage. And let's not pretend people are stealing **** because they're mad at what happened. It's people taking advantage of a tragedy to give in to their baser instincts.

A situation like this where a man is needlessly killed should unite this country in outrage, but when idiots use the situation to run wild they rob the situation of the impact it should have. Rioting and looting has nothing to do with protesting. That's just bull ****.
Peaceful protest gets us nowhere. It has got us nothing. MLK Jrs death did not make the world a better place. Racism still exist. We are still fighting and marching for the same things he died for.
Sometimes I feel like the only reason Christianity was introduced to slaves, was not to save their souls, but to make them docile. The same people that was teaching forgiveness to the slaves, was raping and killing them.

There are no racist laws on the book. MLK was the champion for that cause. He preached the gospel and fed us. He told church leaders to be more Christian and It worked.

People today are angry at the sinful heart of people and rightly so. But there’s nothing to be done legislatively or in the courts to fix the heart.

To even mention the president’s leadership shows nearsightedness. Change isn’t made in Washington. Change is made at home, in church, and spreads upward. Children must be taught respect, continually conditioned to what Christ says about people.

Stop looking at elected officials for help is what I say. Love God. Love your neighbor.
Well said. Amen 💯

Peaceful protest gets us nowhere. It has got us nothing. MLK Jrs death did not make the world a better place. Racism still exist. We are still fighting and marching for the same things he died for.
Sometimes I feel like the only reason Christianity was introduced to slaves, was not to save their souls, but to make them docile. The same people that was teaching forgiveness to the slaves, was raping and killing them.

I don't understand what you mean by "peaceful protests gets us nowhere." It got blacks out of Jim Crow and segregation. It got blacks affirmative action. Blacks have representation in both houses of Congress. It got a black man as Secretary of Defense. It got a black woman as Sect. of State. It got a black man as POTUS.

What I’m concerned about in regards to Floyd and Officer Chauvin is the outcome of the trial.

The autopsy came back and said he didn’t die of asphyxiation or strangulationnor trains to the neck or spine. Basically hypertension, heart failure. I guess stress of being in custody. I don’t know much about law. Causation and correlation and how it relates to a conviction. And if he’s acquitted things will be burn even more.

From family and friends in law enforcement - they were all PO'd at the officer who did that. They are trained to do moves like that with physical confrontations during arrests. But the officer is to remove the pressure after 2-3 minutes - tops. They all said the officer who did the neck was in big trouble, that he should be charged. The other three will be in major trouble for not stopping him. Probably why they were fired immediately and are under investigation for further charges.

I don't understand what you mean by "peaceful protests gets us nowhere." It got blacks out of Jim Crow and segregation. It got blacks affirmative action. Blacks have representation in both houses of Congress. It got a black man as Secretary of Defense. It got a black woman as Sect. of State. It got a black man as POTUS.
Lol....ok then. Economic pressure ended Jim Crow more so than peaceful protest. All those individuals you named achieved those success on their own merits. Protesting had nothing to do with that. There was black representation in Congress after the Emancipation Proclamation was signed. And then racism reared its ugly head again. America was built on violence, from the first settlers, to slavery to the Boston Tea Party.
Did you have a problem with the Bundy's storming Federal Land in Oregon? Or the other armed resistance that they employ? Why is it ok for white people to protest but no one else?

Reactions: justwatch123
From family and friends in law enforcement - they were all PO'd at the officer who did that. They are trained to do moves like that with physical confrontations during arrests. But the officer is to remove the pressure after 2-3 minutes - tops. They all said the officer who did the neck was in big trouble, that he should be charged. The other three will be in major trouble for not stopping him. Probably why they were fired immediately and are under investigation for further charges.

I thought that was excessive too. What I mean is I’m worried for the backlash whatever happens with his day in court. I’m not advocating for him. He’s a fool.

Dbl post

that dude has had major run ins before.

Lol....ok then. Economic pressure ended Jim Crow more so than peaceful protest. All those individuals you named achieved those success on their own merits.

Of course they achieved those positions on their own merit, that's not the point. The point is they would never have been allowed to achieve that level of power prior to the civil rights movement. And I would point out that Obama would never been elected president if a whole hell of a lot of whites had not voted for him.

Protesting had nothing to do with that. There was black representation in Congress after the Emancipation Proclamation was signed. And then racism reared its ugly head again.

Black representation didn't come until after the war, during Reconstruction, in southern states that were under Union military control with Republican military governors. But yes, I do agree that after Reconstruction ended Jim Crow reared its ugly head.

America was built on violence, from the first settlers, to slavery to the Boston Tea Party.

Study the history of most any nation and it was likely built on violence.

Did you have a problem with the Bundy's storming Federal Land in Oregon? Or the other armed resistance that they employ? Why is it ok for white people to protest but no one else?

I haven't seen or heard anyone say it is not ok for anyone other than whites to protest. But protesting and looting/violence are not the same. Destroying the property and businesses of people who had nothing to do with the death of George Floyd loses the support of people who believe in peaceful protests. And the reality is, at this point we don't even know for sure if this actually was a racist incident or just an a-hole cop.

Last edited:
I'm just going to concentrate on the first paragraph. Are you suggesting that violent protests that destroy property of hardworking citizens that have absolutely nothing to do with what is being protested is going to end racism?

I'm just going to concentrate on the first paragraph. Are you suggesting that violent protests that destroy property of hardworking citizens that have absolutely nothing to do with what is being protested is going to end racism?
Yep....I am in favor of burning this entire thing down to see what the end result is. That's why donald was elected right, to shake things up? I say, let's commit 1000% to burning this b***h down and see what happens.

I thought that was excessive too. What I mean is I’m worried for the backlash whatever happens with his day in court. I’m not advocating for him. He’s a fool.

Oh, I agree and I'm just bringing their view on the video. There are so many other variables to address with this. What was the "relationship" between the two since they worked at the same place? Floyd was a habitual criminal who supposedly was turning his life around after getting out of prison recently. So he gets caught passing counterfeit currency - sounds like he had not changed much. The joint he worked at is rumored to be where the counterfeit currency is distributed from. So what was the officer doing while working there all those years before joining the department? So many questions to be answered. Floyd's probably alive today if he simply did what they asked him to do from the beginning.

But you don't do what the officer did.

lol. Always amazed at that thought process. Somebody was killed in another state in a case of police brutality. So let's all go downtown, burn the place down, throw bricks at cops, and steal TV's. The media jumps right in to rationalize it.

They then expect us to leave our brains at the door and just nod our agreement.

No one said his death made the world a better place. That's moronic. But the man himself, through peaceful means, absolutely made the world a better place. He didn't use violence to get his message across, yet it still resonates to this day.

And no one is denying racism still exists, but it's not the boogeyman around every corner either. Sometimes bad people do bad things and race has nothing to do with it. And sometimes bad people do bad things because they are racist. No one is denying that. And everyone should be outraged about what happened in Minnesota. There was zero reason for that man to die, or be treated in such a way by people who are supposed to uphold our laws. But rioting and looting are not the solutions. That's not protesting. Protesting is sending a message to those in power that this behavior is not acceptable and should be dealt with. You don't send that message by acting inappropriately yourself. One of the very first lessons you're taught as a child is two wrongs do not make a right.

And what point do you even imagine is being delivered by destroying people's livelihoods, which is what is happening when businesses that had nothing to do with what happened get torched and looted? And why does a man tragically dying entitle people to steal **** that doesn't belong to them, or destroy the property of others? The problem was the action of 4 police officers, so why do people not even affiliated with the police have to suffer? Do you honestly believe that is sending a message? That's bull ****.

Protests should be directed at the police. It was their actions that led to the outcome. But violent protests do nothing but exacerbate the problem. And ftr, MLK proved that one voice could be loud enough to be heard. One voice can bring about change. It's all about leadership, and there is none in chaos. Change needs to come, but it won't come from uncontrolled violence that serves no purpose. People act like this is a revolution, but a revolution is defined by purpose. Looting and rioting has no purpose as it targets people who have nothing to do with the problem.

As Gandhi said, be the change you want to see in the world. People should not have to live in fear.

No one said his death made the world a better place. That's moronic. But the man himself, through peaceful means, absolutely made the world a better place. He didn't use violence to get his message across, yet it still resonates to this day.

And no one is denying racism still exists, but it's not the boogeyman around every corner either. Sometimes bad people do bad things and race has nothing to do with it. And sometimes bad people do bad things because they are racist. No one is denying that. And everyone should be outraged about what happened in Minnesota. There was zero reason for that man to die, or be treated in such a way by people who are supposed to uphold our laws. But rioting and looting are not the solutions. That's not protesting. Protesting is sending a message to those in power that this behavior is not acceptable and should be dealt with. You don't send that message by acting inappropriately yourself. One of the very first lessons you're taught as a child is two wrongs do not make a right.

And what point do you even imagine is being delivered by destroying people's livelihoods, which is what is happening when businesses that had nothing to do with what happened get torched and looted? And why does a man tragically dying entitle people to steal **** that doesn't belong to them, or destroy the property of others? The problem was the action of 4 police officers, so why do people not even affiliated with the police have to suffer? Do you honestly believe that is sending a message? That's bull ****.

Protests should be directed at the police. It was their actions that led to the outcome. But violent protests do nothing but exacerbate the problem. And ftr, MLK proved that one voice could be loud enough to be heard. One voice can bring about change. It's all about leadership, and there is none in chaos. Change needs to come, but it won't come from uncontrolled violence that serves no purpose. People act like this is a revolution, but a revolution is defined by purpose. Looting and rioting has no purpose as it targets people who have nothing to do with the problem.

As Gandhi said, be the change you want to see in the world. People should not have to live in fear.
I'm more Malcolm than Martin. Violence works. Looting and rioting created this country, yes? When we speak, no one listens. The response is that we are complaining. When we marched we were dismissed as agitators. When we wrote letters, those letters were unread. The next logical step is violence. Sometimes people don't listen until you force them to listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back