Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just going to refer to our previous "fact scenario" and analysis, because everything else about trials and treatment are beyond my expertise or knowledge. As to the analysis, I just disagree.

If a scumbag defendant sucker punches a healthy 25 year old in the face and then sucker punches a healthy 80 year old in the face (assuming everything remains equal), the assumption would be that the 25 year old probably has a better chance at living and/or sustain less injury. Certainly, the 80 year old body is older and can't withstand as much, and that can be compared to a disease, too. However, the 80 year old could have lived another 5, 10, 15 years and was not "about to die." The punch was the proximate cause of death, not the fact that his body was 55 years older.

Just like in the accident case, a person with hemophilia can live for a lengthy period of time, if treated. Just with a quick search, men on average live to 73 with moderate cases and into their 60's with more severe cases. If the car accident occurs when the victim was 45 years old, and that person dies, then he lost an average minimum of 15 years of his life. While agreeing that hemophilia could have been a contributing factor, the accident was actually the proximate cause of death. While you don't care who is "at fault" in that scenario, the law actually allows for victims to recover in that circumstance. The point was to compare a legal standard. The law has developed into recognizing that the accident was "the cause of death" rather than hemophilia. In the very same way, but for contracting Covid-19, many people that have died would still be alive today, and some would probably live for many more years.

I am just not a conspiracy theorist and believe that some are suggesting that. The disease is not a scam. That's outrageous. Does the media embellish? Sure. I don't like the media as much as many of you. I have 4 young kids, and I don't even watch CNN/MSNBC/Fox News or whatever else there is. But my occupation was headed for trouble if the courts hadn't stepped in and limited many of the things that we do on a daily basis. I don't really get preoccupied with what a state like California or New York are doing. I focus on what I am doing and can do in my county and how it affects my community.

Finally, with your example of me being treated as a Covid death if I had antibodies and died from a heart attack, I don't know how anyone really knows that. As you know, my job is for people to prove facts, and I would have to see that for myself rather than someone writing about it. That scenario is certainly different than the car accident scenario, because, again, the accident was the proximate cause of death. As I said previously, there are reports that there were NY deaths that were not treated as Covid deaths because they didn't want to waste a test. True? I have no idea, but usually the truth lies somewhere in the middle of both of our assertions.

I enjoyed the reasoned response. Again, I am probably more similar to everyone here than different. Probably have values that line up pretty closely, but I just differ on this topic. My perspective in a more populated area and defending people who have tested positive have helped form that perspective.

Enjoyed your reasoned response as well. Always do. I plan to never stop observing, learning analyzing until I hit the dirt. I have more time on my hands than you do at your stage of life.

I understand legal liability issues relating to this COVID event are to being discussed for inclusion in the next bill. FWIW I have observed physicians list COD on documents that lead to death certificates. They always list the primarily cause of death. Some, not all, will also list contributing causes. Example - my mother-in-law died of a horrible long term case of dementia. At that time (2011), per her and other physicians we know they did not list COD as Alzheimer's/dementia. They would list any underlying conditions such as heart failure, renal failure, pneumonia, etc. that occurred as a result of the primary issue. The progression of her dementia caused her brain to lose function. When the brain began losing function, organs started acting weird and failing. She forgot how to chew, urinate and defecate. Her body forgot how to breathe. Finally, the last thing was her strong heart forgot how to beat and she thankfully passed away. Yet, because the governing authorities, insurance companies, Medicare and medical industry itself did not recognize Alzheimer's/dementia as a primary COD, the physician was not supposed to attribute it. Her physician did anyway and hedged it by adding heart and renal failure. Neither of those things caused her death. My point is that had they tested her blood for COVID-19 when she was in the nursing home as is done today - the COD would have been solely COVID-19 in the states we discussed.

The antibody test can and is being conducted as one type test was approved recently. nick stated in the other thread today that his mother (or mother in law) tested positive for it using the antibody test, so he indeed was infected when he got sick and thought he might have it. I plan to take the test during my physical in late July due to the undiagnosed respiratory issues my wife and I had in January/February - despite going to my physician twice.

For the cause of death purpose a now simple, quick blood test upon somebody passing (or before) would let the physician know. Since it is all about contact tracing now to mitigate the future, I cannot imagine why that would not be mandatory. Even back when the test took needed resources and a longer period of time to receive results, it would still be very important to know. The "experts" have been all about making contact tracing a big deal for decades on every other communicable disease. Why not COVID-19? Should have been a normal part of the process all along. Why was it not?

A bunch of questions of the "experts" and government officials needs to be addressed for the future. We've got to do this better. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

Reactions: VolGee4
I'm not sure titans understands their meaning though, which is what I was saying. What's going on may not fit the definition of tyranny, but it also doesn't fit the definition of freedom and liberty. The American people have been robbed of choice.

I gotcha. And agree.

Enjoyed your reasoned response as well. Always do. I plan to never stop observing, learning analyzing until I hit the dirt. I have more time on my hands than you do at your stage of life.

I understand legal liability issues relating to this COVID event are to being discussed for inclusion in the next bill. FWIW I have observed physicians list COD on documents that lead to death certificates. They always list the primarily cause of death. Some, not all, will also list contributing causes. Example - my mother-in-law died of a horrible long term case of dementia. At that time (2011), per her and other physicians we know they did not list COD as Alzheimer's/dementia. They would list any underlying conditions such as heart failure, renal failure, pneumonia, etc. that occurred as a result of the primary issue. The progression of her dementia caused her brain to lose function. When the brain began losing function, organs started acting weird and failing. She forgot how to chew, urinate and defecate. Her body forgot how to breathe. Finally, the last thing was her strong heart forgot how to beat and she thankfully passed away. Yet, because the governing authorities, insurance companies, Medicare and medical industry itself did not recognize Alzheimer's/dementia as a primary COD, the physician was not supposed to attribute it. Her physician did anyway and hedged it by adding heart and renal failure. Neither of those things caused her death. My point is that had they tested her blood for COVID-19 when she was in the nursing home as is done today - the COD would have been solely COVID-19 in the states we discussed.

The antibody test can and is being conducted as one type test was approved recently. nick stated in the other thread today that his mother (or mother in law) tested positive for it using the antibody test, so he indeed was infected when he got sick and thought he might have it. I plan to take the test during my physical in late July due to the undiagnosed respiratory issues my wife and I had in January/February - despite going to my physician twice.

For the cause of death purpose a now simple, quick blood test upon somebody passing (or before) would let the physician know. Since it is all about contact tracing now to mitigate the future, I cannot imagine why that would not be mandatory. Even back when the test took needed resources and a longer period of time to receive results, it would still be very important to know. The "experts" have been all about making contact tracing a big deal for decades on every other communicable disease. Why not COVID-19? Should have been a normal part of the process all along. Why was it not?

A bunch of questions of the "experts" and government officials needs to be addressed for the future. We've got to do this better. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

I certainly agree with learning from it and doing it better. I am sorry about your Mother's end of her life. I can't imagine. You are always a gentleman in disagreement.

I saw that you are going to HH next month. We pushed our trip to the Isle of Palms back from June to July but plan on going. I have enjoyed playing more with the kids the last 6 weeks, but that will be a true vacation. Blessings to you and yours and stay well.

Reactions: Vols4us
Yep. Gotta think they lose at least 2 out of UT UF UA and AU. I could see the East champ having 2 losses this year
UF vs UGA will be for the East..again imo. UF may get past a recycling lsu team. Will be interesting. We are still a year away. Gotta take a big step forward vs uf and uga. They've beaten Jeremy's brains in these first 2 years. Got to right that asap.

UF vs UGA will be for the East..again imo. UF may get past a recycling lsu team. Will be interesting. We are still a year away. Gotta take a big step forward vs uf and uga. They've beaten Jeremy's brains in these first 2 years. Got to right that asap.
Could be but they play @bama Aub and UF before playing us in November. We could both have 2 conference losses as well as Florida and our game could decide the East

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I honor your words. Does that matter to the three people I know that got it or the emergency room nurse that lives across the street and had to quarantine? Which family member of yours do you choose to survive it but have permanent kidney damage?

Asking for a friend.

Do you drive a car? I lost a buddy in high school to a fatal car crash. Do you think of him every time you get behind the wheel? How many more lives are you willing to sacrifice by driving?

Risk is everywhere. We can't stop living our lives because people get sick and die.

Read the stats for CO. Number contracted and number deceased. It is a division equation, FYI. And it is 5%.

You do know that just about everyone that has passed in the last few months, even if they get run over by a bus has been categorized at a COVID death... :rolleyes:

Yeah most likely Dawg if there’s room in the class. UGA not trying to sign 43 players this year like you guys. Bring on the haters.

Ok, yeah. That'll be about enough from you.
4bUV7Ls.gif

Reactions: MarcoVol
So you disagree with what he says in those two tweets?

Yeah, because I can go to the Johns Hopkins website and see that there was 567 new cases yesterday in Tennessee. And 15 deaths.

To go along with 922 new cases yesterday in Georgia. And 54 deaths.

941 new cases yesterday in Florida. And 44 deaths.

877 new cases yesterday in Texas. And 29 deaths.

119 new cases in Oklahoma. And 4 deaths. Given the stories coming out about this is jacking up reservations in the Southwest, these numbers should be red-flagged as likely under-reported.

So, that's 3426 people that tested positive for a virus that can require you be on a ventilator and damage your kidneys, and 146 people that died in those states. Yesterday.

Clay "Vandy grad failed lawyer internet shock jock" Travis can get f@#$ed if he's taking a W based on that noise. He's feeding the masses bulls@#$ so he can get clicks because there's no sports to talk about.

The Ballad of Clay Travis - The Bulwark

Much respect for Elon Musk. Defies Alemeda County and re-opens his Tesla plant.

Tweets this out then re-opens his plant.
Tesla is restarting production today against Alameda County rules. I will be on the line with everyone else. If anyone is arrested, I ask that it only be me.

Elon Dares Alemeda County to Arrest Him

I just want to know why he named his daughter after the bar code for spaghetti noodles.

Reactions: Rishvol
Yeah, because I can go to the Johns Hopkins website and see that there was 567 new cases yesterday in Tennessee. And 15 deaths.

To go along with 922 new cases yesterday in Georgia. And 54 deaths.

941 new cases yesterday in Florida. And 44 deaths.

877 new cases yesterday in Texas. And 29 deaths.

119 new cases in Oklahoma. And 4 deaths. Given the stories coming out about this is jacking up reservations in the Southwest, these numbers should be red-flagged as likely under-reported.

So, that's 3426 people that tested positive for a virus that can require you be on a ventilator and damage your kidneys, and 146 people that died in those states. Yesterday.

Clay "Vandy grad failed lawyer internet shock jock" Travis can get f@#$ed if he's taking a W based on that noise. He's feeding the masses bulls@#$ so he can get clicks because there's no sports to talk about.

The Ballad of Clay Travis - The Bulwark

God@#$ @Bassmaster_Vol, you made me pop off and get bumped to the off topic thread. It feels like I got sent to "special" class in elementary school.

Wisconsin Supreme Court struck down their stay at home order. Checks and balances.

I think time was an issue. According to a poll, a vast majority were fine with it in late March and in April. But as time went on, that support decreased.

It will be interesting to see if they can put together a plan to have some guidelines as opposed to everything just fully opening back up.

Reactions: Vols4us
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back