Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
As above noted, not being Hillary is something he immediately pulls off.

And the AA vote and Obama connections are big.

Hell, Al Gore almost became president essentially on just being the VP under Clinton. GHB literally did. The history of VPs becoming Ps is pretty strong.

It's actually surprisingly weak. John Adams and George H.W. Bush are the only sitting VPs to be elected to the presidency. Nixon was VP before becoming president, but other than that, not many presidents out of the ranks of Vice Presidents (not counting those who succeeded because of death/resignation).

EDIT: Whoops, Jefferson was VP too.

Last edited:
It's actually surprisingly weak. John Adams and George H.W. Bush are the only sitting VPs to be elected to the presidency. Nixon was VP before becoming president, but other than that, not many presidents out of the ranks of Vice Presidents (not counting those who succeeded because of death/resignation).

EDIT: Whoops, Jefferson was VP too.
I read 14 total, but yeah, I guess most came from resignation or death...so. But I think 5 others did not.

Guess my mind was more during my time. GHB, Gore came as close as it could come. None others ran that I remember (or maybe GHB's vp ran.. it's blurry).

Reactions: GoBigOrange86
Because now he has a record and he's not running against Hillary Clinton.

Possibly, and if the economy doesn't crank back up those states could be interesting, but, if the economy does get back going soon I think it will be very difficult for Biden. The shale industry in Michigan and Pennsylvania was going strong, and both those states have about a half million total people employed in the industry, not to mention some of the side industries that benefit from fracking. Trump could just as easily win by an even wider margin.

Possibly, and if the economy doesn't crank back up those states could be interesting, but, if the economy does get back going soon I think it will be very difficult for Biden. The shale industry in Michigan and Pennsylvania was going strong, and both those states have about a half million total people employed in the industry, not to mention some of the side industries that benefit from fracking. Trump could just as easily win by an even wider margin.

Trump could definitely win by a wider margin. I wouldn't rule anything out at this point. Biden's a terrible candidate.

He 100% botched it the first few weeks and the response could have been much better and saved many more lives. There is no debating the terrible job early on.

But, eventually, he did get in line and repeat what his advisors told him to. He did what nearly every other leader did. Good for him. A real bronze star effort.

His actions in the private sector would deserve being reprimanded.
His biggest mistake was letting the CDC try to control the testing early on even though they were not set up to conduct the massive amount of testing that was needed, He finally forced the CDC to relent and let the private sector take control of testing. So his biggest mistake was listening to the medical experts about testing.

Hell, Al Gore almost became president essentially on just being the VP under Clinton. GHB literally did. The history of VPs becoming Ps is pretty strong.
Not 4 years after the fact though. You think AAs like Biden? Lol

But if we are using history as an indicator, this will be Biden's 3rd run at the presidency, and although I could be wrong, I don't believe any 3rd time candidate has ever won the presidency.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387

He did what his advisor like Fauci told him to do before mid March. They also thought it was a bad flu. Dr Fauci’s written words on 2-28 published in the New England Journal of Medicine
That fact, and the fact the scumbags criticized Trump, and called him a racist for restricting travel from China early on doesn't fit the lefty anti Trump crusade agenda though..so..🤷‍♂️

T
They just won't vote and it's not a large enough base to matter anyway.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back