Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Fogo de chao during a work expo several years ago. I thought was pretty amazing. Probably wouldn’t have been my first choice but I wasn’t paying so I didn’t mind so much. Took a couple days to adjust to getting beef ribs when ordering “ribs”
That place is really good but far from an Austin original. It's all over the country/ world.

1582213580912.png

Reactions: bignewt
dNixyNKZIevWOCqVuuedSAu9327GVw.gif
Not scared. I know Chuck Norris, and his beard will kick your ass.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Today is 40th anniversary of the Miracle on Ice where we beat the Russians in Olympic Ice Hockey. I had just returned from a six month deployment to Westpac and we were flying to Atlanta, with multiple stops on the way, for the weekend to take some of the enlisted kids home to save them commercial airfare. Air Traffic Controller comes up on Memphis Center and says "To all air traffic the US Hockey team just beat the Russians."

You had to be alive then to understand what that felt like. The Iranians were holding our embassy personnel hostage, inflation and interest rates (19% for a home mortgage) were going through the roof (thanks to the Arab oil embargo), and the Soviets were in a massive military build-up to the point where we were told our survivability as front line military was less than 2 weeks in a hot war.

And a bunch of US college players went out and beat the best professional team in the world. There were tears in the cockpit.

There's a story where a Delta Captain came up on the intercom to the passengers and said "Ladies and gentlemen, the US Hockey team just beat the Russians in the Olympics. The drinks are on me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back