Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Nick didn't read all the post so if someone has mentioned this my humble apologies but the schedule says we play at Mizz. Did I miss something? Schedule wrong?

She's too young to fully understand but she knows all too well about her surgeries and doctor visits and how sick she was. We have told her all about what (and it feels weird referring to them as their screen names on here, since I know them personally) @volatil, @Atlanta VOL and all of VolNation did for us.

Her sisters understand a lot more than she does, especially my oldest, she was the only one old enough to remember. She had a great time, they all did. I don't want to go in specifics but, suffice to say I get asked all the time when we're getting a boat now 😂.

I don't know if we were able to completely articulate just how grateful we were for everything to AV, but we tried to make sure the girls did. We were in awe all day. I've attended games every year for over 20 years, including 2 of them as a student....first time I've ever set foot on the field. I was on cloud 9. My mind exploded when we went through the tunnel and walked onto the field. The girls just thought it was normal to go to a game like that, it was my youngest two's first game--how would they know any different?? AV was just hanging out with coaches like it was normal and introduced us to them like longtime friends.

Mind. Blown.

I'm pretty sure I embarrassed myself. The whole day was surreal. I've been in Neyland 100's of times...but not like that. We felt completely undeserving of all of it. We're still able to kiss our little girl every. single. day. That's more than enough and more than we deserve.

Also...

Ashlee just had her annual checkup with her cardiologist...and actually showed improved numbers from last year!

My girl's a tough, tough fighter.

AV...thank you again for everything.

So happy for you OB!

@goooooovols

So let me ask why is it ok for you or anyone else to comment whatever, celebrate or bitch but if someone dare speak against or question the validity of a poster who has definitely sold false hope in the past and as recent as last week it’s the whistle blower who gets attached lol... insane
Everyone has opinions, and everyone has opinions about everyone else's opinions. That's part of what message boards are. So when you express an opinion other people don't support, expect to hear about it.

And to be honest, people like AV more than you.

big-lebowski-wait-on-couch.gif

Totally agree and I would like to apologize in regards to doubting ATL Vol... honestly didn’t mean to attack him as a person was just responding to the thread. Sounds like he has done some amazing things for mere strangers with nothing to gain, that is the mark of a true hero in my book. Sorry to doubt him as an insider and truth be told I really enjoy and look to his post for good info so disappointment is always a little hirer when those don’t come to fruition... regardless sorry and will be more respectful of him and the entire board. I know I’ve been an ass and truly am sorry.

Everyone has opinions, and everyone has opinions about everyone else's opinions. That's part of what message boards are. So when you express an opinion other people don't support, expect to hear about it.

And to be honest, people like AV more than you.
Thanks and sorry

Totally agree and I would like to apologize in regards to doubting ATL Vol... honestly didn’t mean to attack him as a person was just responding to the thread. Sounds like he has done some amazing things for mere strangers with nothing to gain, that is the mark of a true hero in my book. Sorry to doubt him as an insider and truth be told I really enjoy and look to his post for good info so disappointment is always a little hirer when those don’t come to fruition... regardless sorry and will be more respectful of him and the entire board. I know I’ve been an ass and truly am sorry.
That's awesome.... We don't see that much around here where people are anonymous.

She's too young to fully understand but she knows all too well about her surgeries and doctor visits and how sick she was. We have told her all about what (and it feels weird referring to them as their screen names on here, since I know them personally) @volatil, @Atlanta VOL and all of VolNation did for us.

Her sisters understand a lot more than she does, especially my oldest, she was the only one old enough to remember. She had a great time, they all did. I don't want to go in specifics but, suffice to say I get asked all the time when we're getting a boat now 😂.

I don't know if we were able to completely articulate just how grateful we were for everything to AV, but we tried to make sure the girls did. We were in awe all day. I've attended games every year for over 20 years, including 2 of them as a student....first time I've ever set foot on the field. I was on cloud 9. My mind exploded when we went through the tunnel and walked onto the field. The girls just thought it was normal to go to a game like that, it was my youngest two's first game--how would they know any different?? AV was just hanging out with coaches like it was normal and introduced us to them like longtime friends.

Mind. Blown.

I'm pretty sure I embarrassed myself. The whole day was surreal. I've been in Neyland 100's of times...but not like that. We felt completely undeserving of all of it. We're still able to kiss our little girl every. single. day. That's more than enough and more than we deserve.

Also...

Ashlee just had her annual checkup with her cardiologist...and actually showed improved numbers from last year!

Wow, I'm so happy for you guys. Just my favorite story already and now this.

Haha, didn't think about it but I guess they wouldn't fully grasp how unique that game day truly was, yet.

Well, the bar has been set now, dad.😄

Like SAS said, post like this is rare with the anonymity. Respect.

Takes a man to write this. ⬆️

1574309888013.gif

Mind. Blown.

Also...

Happy for you brother.

No. I see Tennessee getting better and Georgia getting worse. It's a very simple concept.

Hey speaking of getting worse... How do you think Georgia will replace Fromm, Swift, Herrien, Thomas, Kindley, Cleveland, Wilson, Cager, Wolf, LeCounte, Clark, Barnett, Marshall, Crowder, Rice, Reed and Blakenship? Jokes aside, I've never even heard of some of these guys but they are upperclassmen listed as starters on some depth chart I found online and many are mentioned in mock drafts. I'm assuming UGA will be replacing a lot of starters next year, right?
There are two ways to look at potential imo. One is room for growth. The only way Kirby and UGA can improve on what they've done is win a national championship, while UT and Pruitt could win the East/SECC/make the playoffs to show improvement. In that since UT absolutely has more potential. The second is which team will be better between the two next year. In that since UGA would have the talent advantage, but could definitely run into issues if Fromm goes pro. For the players leaving, OL will get hit the most, but is also the position with the most depth. Still, you don't lose a player like Andrew Thomas and get better. The defense is fairly young, so I don't see much drop off there. As for Fromm I have no idea if he goes to the NFL or not. Before the season started I thought he'd be gone for sure. Now, I'm not so sure. If he does leave I think its likely UGA hits the transfer portal. The 4* Dwan Mathis who is redshirting this year had a cyst removed from his brain before the season started and has yet to be medically cleared and there is talk that his football playing days are over. Stetson Bennet is a serviceable back up, but not a starter.

Reactions: bpalmer28
@Atlanta917 Just so we can have a normal conversation. Georgia has a very good QB in Jake Fromm on top of that Georgia has a pretty solid offensive line and some good skill players at WR.

Tennessee is rebuilding and when Pruitt got there was coming off of an 0 - 8 run in the SEC. Pruitt was hired on during the change in recruiting period only allowing him a short amount of time to recruit players before the 2018 season. His first true recruiting class was the 2019 class. His second is the 2020 class. Tennessee has showed major improvement this year. We have one of the more solid defenses in the SEC right now. Hopefully, given the experience Tennessee has gained and will continue to gain for the remainder of this season and with a Serviceable QB next year, we can give teams like Georgia and Alabama a better fight (Although I’m pretty sure we scared the mess out of Alabama this year). Georgia will always be a tough team for us and anyone who says Smart isn’t a good coach is dumb because obviously he is.

I don’t know if Georgia is up or down but with the Talent Georgia has right now even if they aren’t playing to their potential they are going to win games. I think Tennessee has proven this year that they will be a much better team next year. We don’t really lose much on the defensive side of the ball and we lose a few wide receivers and a RB next year. But we should have a lot of young talent to step in.
I was clearly twisting numbers when talking about the situations Kirby and Pruitt inherited. While UGA didn't exactly have a winning culture when Smart arrived, Pruitt walked into a nightmare. I still feel like Kirby/Pruitt/Orgeron are largely the same in that they are the future of college coaching. The game is moving towards CEO types that are responsible for bringing in elite talent and picking the right coordinators to oversee the offense and defense. LSU this year is a great example of how having the right coordinator is a difference between a national championship contender and a SEC championship contender. Pruitt is gonna get UT talent and is probably a bigger threat to UGA than UF because he's a bigger threat to steal recruits. It'll be interesting to see if Pruitt or Smart switch offensive systems. I think both want to run the bama model and I'm not sure how effective that can be any more.

Last thing, its obvious UT is improving. lol I just wasn't going to admit then. Maurer could be the best QB in the East next year from what I saw of him during the UGA game. UT gets receivers like UGA gets RB's, so he'll have weapons to throw too. Thanks for the honest conversation and my apologies for trolling the board yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back