Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that clear in the early days. 55 and 71 each have a quote about them not pushing for him aggressively. Doesn't mean he wasn't a take. But I'd say it means either he was down on their board or they weren't sold on him. Post 63 suggests a reason why.

Slick knows what they said, he admitted as much. He says those guys were incorrect. So you might look into cancelling your sub Bass.
$9.95

1574044746735.gif

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
So you're an insider then?

Or you just think you know more than those guys?

One of those would surprise me. The other not at all.
I think if he’s around that region he knows we’ve pressed for Eason the whole time. The only snag early on was that he wanted to play with French who we played a little slower.

I think if he’s around that region he knows we’ve pressed for Eason the whole time. The only snag early on was that he wanted to play with French who we played a little slower.

You're all contradicting stuff VQ put out, but fine. You all can talk about at your next bridge game. When one of you gets into a back and forth because someone has an opinion that's slightly different, it's not long before the rest of you show up.

I can read the stuff I cited which clearly says we didn't aggressively pursue the kid in the beginning. I'm not gonna get into it any more with every one of you individually. You yourself have a post in the thread, I think #102 where you even say you're not sure we wanted him. So give me a break dude.

You're all contradicting stuff VQ put out, but fine. You all can talk about at your next bridge game. When one of you gets into a back and forth because someone has an opinion that's slightly different, it's not long before the rest of you show up.

I can read the stuff I cited which clearly says we didn't aggressively pursue the kid in the beginning. I'm not gonna get into it any more with every one of you individually. You yourself have a post in the thread, I think #102 where you even say you're not sure we wanted him. So give me a break dude.
I was wrong. And yeah again as I posted earlier you’re entitled to your own opinion.

I was wrong. And yeah again as I posted earlier you’re entitled to your own opinion.

I'm basing it off the same info you were in that post 6 months ago.

I think you got it backwards as to which time you were wrong, but that's fine. I understand wanting to stand up for your buddies.

But this thing where you all descend on somebody with a different opinion, which you aren't as bad about, it all feels very 7th grade. I can handle it, or I would've just hit ignore, but others might not share something they feel because they don't wanna invite that.

I think threads are better when they have different viewpoints in them, not just a homogeneous stream of CJP can never be questioned, orange sunshine. But that's another opinion, which y'all are entitled to not like.

I'm basing it off the same info you were in that post 6 months ago.

I think you got it backwards as to which time you were wrong, but that's fine. I understand wanting to stand up for your buddies.

But this thing where you all descend on somebody with a different opinion, which you aren't as bad about, it all feels very 7th grade. I can handle it, or I would've just hit ignore, but others might not share something they feel because they don't wanna invite that.

I think threads are better when they have different viewpoints in them, not just a homogeneous stream of CJP can never be questioned, orange sunshine. But that's another opinion, which y'all are entitled to not like.
Whatever dude. Idk that I’m “buddies” with anyone here. I definitely haven’t always had the most popular opinions with the masses. Agree with differing viewpoints. That said do you not expect any blowback when you have an unpopular opinion?

Whatever dude. Idk that I’m “buddies” with anyone here. I definitely haven’t always had the most popular opinions with the masses. Agree with differing viewpoints. That said do you not expect any blowback when you have an unpopular opinion?
Lol I do now. And I get it. Every time. I’m interested to see you go out on a limb with an assertion. Don’t know that I’ve seen it yet. The groupthink is wicked strong here.

Exhibit A is this thread where I’m about to get roasted for suggesting Kaho isn’t up to snuff.

Lol I do now. And I get it. Every time. I’m interested to see you go out on a limb with an assertion. Don’t know that I’ve seen it yet. The groupthink is wicked strong here.

Exhibit A is this thread where I’m about to get roasted for suggesting Kaho isn’t up to snuff.

Attachments

• 3ogwG0D5bajd6ogX0k.gif
    3ogwG0D5bajd6ogX0k.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 9
Reactions: benholt06

You're just a troll, dude. Don't try to act like you're courageous.

You haven’t been around long then. Pretty sure when I had criticism of Grimes last year it wasn’t popular. Opinion has changed not because of group think but bc people have eyes and can form opinions themselves.

I’m done though with the back and forth it’s getting nowhere. If you have an opinion different from the majority of course you’re going to get criticism. I’m not sure if you think you’re a special snowflake that doesn’t deserve any criticism or question but that’s not how it works. Form an opinion, defend it, own it, don’t cry about it when someone calls you out.

And rarely ever used.

I changed my mind. Every guy the Vols talk to is future all-league. They will never sign another bust again. Because trust the coaches and all that.
About like your comment about Butch Jones and orange kool-aid...so original.

Edit: just saw your "orange sunshine" line...is that new, as well?

Last edited:

Eh, have whatever opinion you want. I don't really care. My opinion is I'm going to trust the coach evals over yours, simply because that's their job.

And plenty of people on here speak their mind. I'm of the opinion you may not see that simply because you believe anyone who doesn't agree with you must be part of this groupthink.

You're sending mixed signals.

I’m sending mixed signals? It’s not ok to say this kid is a bust because he seems interested in Ut right now. Over in the Grimes thread, you’re a fool if you say anything other than he’s a bust. UT was probably not his first choice.

Seriously, if y’all can’t handle somebody giving an opinion on a football player, you’re the damn snowflakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back