Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SmokinBob.

I know you are in the real estate business in Destin. My family has vacationed on the Atlantic side of Florida since the beginning of time. We are thinking of trying the gulf side this summer. We would prefer a house on the beach. Obviously, a real nice white sand beach with clear water. We'd love for it to be low key and uncrowded. It would be awesome if we could bike or walk to a restaurant/bar/grill or two. It would be me, my wife, my 19yo son ND my 24 yo daughter. My son might bring a friend. No small children. Does such a beach/place exist? I've been on VBRO and looked around a bit.

@SmokinBob.

I know you are in the real estate business in Destin. My family has vacationed on the Atlantic side of Florida since the beginning of time. We are thinking of trying the gulf side this summer. We would prefer a house on the beach. Obviously, a real nice white sand beach with clear water. We'd love for it to be low key and uncrowded. It would be awesome if we could bike or walk to a restaurant/bar/grill or two. It would be me, my wife, my 19yo son ND my 24 yo daughter. My son might bring a friend. No small children. Does such a beach/place exist? I've been on VBRO and looked around a bit.

New Smyrna Beach, FL - Official Website | Official Website

Edit: **** man, re-read. The place sounds exactly like NSB.

Visited Ft Myers last month. Not a fan. No waves, eveything is super far away.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
i did not recall & im allergic to peanuts.
Stormy's was a restaurant on the right just past where the new marina is now on the north causway. It was featured on one of those crime shows, forensic files I think, because the owner burned it down for insurance money. It was there through the mid to late 80's.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Stormy's was a restaurant on the right just past where the new marina is now on the north causway. It was featured on one of those crime shows, forensic files I think, because the owner burned it down for insurance money. It was there through the mid to late 80's.

ive only been going since 05'. i'm sure my folks would recall it.

are you talking about the New Smyrna Marina? N Causeway to Mainland past the Marine Discovery Center ? There's another Marina downtown towards new development round civic center, where Dolphin View was.

How that place never made it i dont understand. Best damn key lime bites on Earth.

ive only been going since 05'. i'm sure my folks would recall it.

are you talking about the New Smyrna Marina? N Causeway to Mainland past the Marine Discovery Center ? There's another Marina downtown towards new development round civic center, where Dolphin View was.

How that place never made it i dont understand. Best damn key lime bites on Earth.
Yea, the new marina is next to the discovery center. Nice restaurant at the marina. Stormys was past it as you headed toward the beach.

@SmokinBob.

Over by us anywhere from the east of Clearwater Beach to Treasure Island are some good places on Gulf Blvd. Plus there are inexpensive flights from K'ville to St Pete Clearwater airport.

Last edited:
@SmokinBob.

@InVOLuntary You might like Navarre Beach. It’s about 25 miles west of Destin and much quieter. You should be able to find something on VRBO or HomeAway. Let me know if you have no luck and I’ll find a local rental management company for you.

Last edited:
There is so much science on it right now, not thanks the laws prohibiting our people from researching it. Israel and Spain have did alot. Test in mice with tumors makes the cancer cells comit suicide. So it cures some form of cancer. We all have endo cannabinoids receptors that utilize the cannabis. It's part of you and me whether you like it or not. I study it everyday and they keep finding illnesses that it helps alleviate. Instead of listing all the things it helps, its easier to say what does it not help. Our ancestors 3,4, 5 thousand years ago was using it. It definitely is not something new. Once again I posted a video "the history of cannabis " that explains it in detail way better than a country boy like me could.
As a minister what I am about to say would subject me to severe backlash if most of my peers heard me say this..I am morally against the use of any substance for the sake of getting drunk or high, I believe such use is a sin, or you could say "a work of the flesh"..

But that is my personal conviction and free choice, and I do not believe in legislating that morality on others who do not share my beliefs...

However..I also beleive believe cannabis was put on this earth by God to use for medicine, and I believe the Poppy was also. The science has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that what you said about our internal receptors is true. Man abusing these substances to get high is on the individual.

I think it should be, and will vote for medical marijuana to be legalized. I believe it is a sin to withhold anything that can help a sick human enjoy some resemblance of quality of life.

Imo with any abusable substance, it is purely the individuals responsibility to control themselves...not society.

I know this is considered heresy by some, bit I have studied and prayed for many hours on this question since I have had folks come to me with these questions. If I am wrong, then I am wrong honestly.

Reactions: GoVolsDR and T Dog
Yes my brother is a meth addict And has stolen money and been arrested multiple times and all of that is his responsibility. I believe in individual liberty and responsibility. What anyone chooses to put into their body is still their business as long as they don’t commit a crime against someone else.
Exactly how I feel.

I am not saying that I have had a whole world of experience with CBD oil, but the friends that I know who have tried it have not given it a ringing endorsement. In fact, one of my friends who tried it, recently died. It surely did not help him very much. He had ample opportunity to sing it's praises, and he did not. He still lived with pain.

So, I don't know. I don't really think I am as "uninformed" as you all (who don't know me) would like for me to be.
It is not a miracle cure for pain, but it does help.

Yea, the new marina is next to the discovery center. Nice restaurant at the marina. Stormys was past it as you headed toward the beach.

Yo Invol, try Sanibel Island. You can fly direct to Punta Gorda and its about an hour drive from there. I love that place, its quiet and there are numerous great restaurants!

Theres a special circle in hell for telemarketers. I am on the Do Not Call registration list, have blocked several numbers from the same company, and when I answer and start telling them I am not interested and to not contact me again they hang up.................only to call back in a couple of hours. Trying to sell me an extended warranty on a brand new truck I bought 6 months ago lol..............God I hate them

@Dobbs 4 Heisman
Moved this here because this is where it belongs.
Racism has only one definition. "Prejudice directed against someone else on the belief that one race is superior to another." Given all the oppression and violence black people have faced from white people in the last 500 years, its impossible for a black person to reasonably believe that we are superior to white people. Our position at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder in this country and around the world is proof of that.

Calling someone a bad name or not liking someone who doesn't look like you isn't racism. Racism is believing that your race is superior to another and then acting on that belief. Only white people can be racist against every other race in our current social paradigm. If black people one day reclaim our place as the dominant race on this planet (as was the case before the rise of Europe in the 1500s) and we go around colonizing and enslaving white people based on their skin color. Then at that point you can say black people are being racist. Until then all we can do is call ya'll names while you guys have the power to kill us on sight and escape any consequence because white supremacy currently rules this country and planet.
Incorrect.
It is absolutely possible for a person to believe their race, religion, sect or cause is superior, despite being "outgunned" at a time of battle for control.
It happens continuously throughout history and current times.

Everyone here has met or seen/heard rants of superiority from a member of a race, ethnic group, religion or even tribal faction REGARDLESS of their victory or defeat in a clash of cultures.

I used to mess with you because of your incorrect understanding of definitions and situations, I stopped because I no longer find your takes amusing. Instead, I find your ignorance on these matters counter productive and borderline harmful.

While we share a belief that racism is still prominent in many areas, your delusional view that only the previously victorious side can include ignorance fueled false beliefs, is just so misguided.
I can only hope, one day, we see a virtual end to all forms manufactured hate stemming from differences. But without question, your misguided beliefs do nothing to usher this day in, instead, they only help hinder it's arrival.

Now, back to my normal sunny and carefree daily disposition, ya freaking moran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back