Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly Love Nissan Frontiers, pops had one for a minute and it was a good truck, Tacoma's are nice but they're WAY to expensive for what they are, you can buy a Tundra for a comparable price of a Tacoma and that shouldn't be the case
I like the frontier I have from the rental place im just trying to explore all options

And I appreciate at I wasn't trying to be snarky or an ass I appreciate the input
All good man, personally I'm a jeep wrangler guy myself so my truck/SUV advice may not be golden info, never owned anything but a wrangler. I did drive that frontier for a bit in high school though, if it hadn't been a 2 wheel drive I probably would have kept it instead of the jeep I had at the time.

Honestly Love Nissan Frontiers, pops had one for a minute and it was a good truck, Tacoma's are nice but they're WAY to expensive for what they are, you can buy a Tundra for a comparable price of a Tacoma and that shouldn't be the case
You can look at it from two different sides, let me explain. I've owned 3 Tacomas, including the 17 I drive now. 1 FJ cruiser which I still own 203,000 miles on it now (will be my daughters next year) 1 4Runner and 1 tundra. Every single midsize Toyota I've owned has held its resale value and were great vehicles. The Tundra, not so much when it came to resale, but it was a dependable truck. There is a reason the midsized Toyotas are very popular and hold value.

You can look at it from two different sides, let me explain. I've owned 3 Tacomas, including the 17 I drive now. 1 FJ cruiser which I still own 203,000 miles on it now (will be my daughters next year) 1 4Runner and 1 tundra. Every single midsize Toyota I've owned has held its resale value and were great vehicles. The Tundra, not so much when it came to resale, but it was a dependable truck. There is a reason the midsized Toyotas are very popular and hold value.
Their resale is based just as much on popularity as dependability in my opinion. Tacomas are generally more popular than Tundras IMHO, I get what your saying but it's just tough for me to take a smaller V-6 truck over a bigger V-8 truck from the same company for almost the same money, that's all I'm getting at, and a Frontier is no slouch my Dad had one and my grandpa has had one, both the new body styles and have held up and done well.

You probably think the earth is flat as well....which is ok I am sure you can come up with some explaination as to why and how it is so no sense in arguing about it.

My guess is you are not even a Vol fan...:)

What about the real monkey in the room, the OC hire? More important than a single recruit.

Their resale is based just as much on popularity as dependability in my opinion. Tacomas are generally more popular than Tundras IMHO, I get what your saying but it's just tough for me to take a smaller V-6 truck over a bigger V-8 truck from the same company for almost the same money, that's all I'm getting at, and a Frontier is no slouch my Dad had one and my grandpa has had one, both the new body styles and have held up and done well.
Frontiers are great trucks too. Can't go wrong with any of the vehicles mentioned.

Reactions: BucVol98
everyone knows rap was invented by blondie.
giphy.gif

everyone knows rap was invented by blondie.
Always thought "Subterranean Homesick Blues" was the first rap song laid down. With an honorable mention to "Bob Dylan's 115th dream" and "I Shall be free"

"Well, ask me why I'm drunk alla time
It levels my head and eases my mind
I just walk along and stroll and sing
I see better days and I do better things
I catch dinosaurs
I make love to Elizabeth Taylor
Catch hell from Richard Burton"

Always thought "Subterranean Homesick Blues" was the first rap song laid down. With an honorable mention to "Bob Dylan's 115th dream" and "I Shall be free"

"Well, ask me why I'm drunk alla time
It levels my head and eases my mind
I just walk along and stroll and sing
I see better days and I do better things
I catch dinosaurs
I make love to Elizabeth Taylor
Catch hell from Richard Burton"

That's more a rambling folk song, which wasn't super uncommon in the genre. Blondie's Rapture was vocally similar-ish but done over a backbeat, which is pretty much the hallmark of all hip-hop and rap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back