Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had multiple agencies tell me that the house had a claim on it and it would stay tied to the house for five years. It was filed the same year I bought the house so next year I should be good. I was still able to get coverage through Liberty Mutual as they didn't mention it. Still feels like I have a high rate but hey what gets paid by escrow I guess.
Weird. You probably do if it’s through LM. That mortgage company doesn’t mind passing it straight onto you though.

I was in the Carribean all week 🏝😁 Just got home at 7 pm this evening to find my house had been broken into and literally the one material possession I had that was worth anything..my Samsung 58 inch UHD that I just got before Christmas..was stolen, and the back door of my house busted up...🤬

At least the degenerates did not burn my house down...
Classic case of should have mined the yards and dig a tank ditch. Not to mention, some CPIEDs on the doors.

I was in the Carribean all week 🏝😁 Just got home at 7 pm this evening to find my house had been broken into and literally the one material possession I had that was worth anything..my Samsung 58 inch UHD that I just got before Christmas..was stolen, and the back door of my house busted up...🤬

Dang old timer, sorry to hear that. That’s awful

Can't say enough for maintenance. I had an advantage flipping houses - experience, tools, access to machinery etc..but there's always something lol.
Completely finished out our basement, every bit of drywall, flooring and trim complete. Enjoyed it for 2 years and a busted waterline completely destroyed it. Good times 🙄

Geez, I'm sure that was fun to watch happen or come home to. All that hard work. My dad knows how to build houses so I'm going to use him as a huge knowledge source for these things. Especially with what to look for when buying a home. But that's a few years off right now.

Reactions: chargervol
Weird. You probably do if it’s through LM. That mortgage company doesn’t mind passing it straight onto you though.
Do you consider Amica good insurance? I dropped State Farm after 25 years and went with Farmers Because they were cheaper, but customer service sucked. Left them and went to Amica. Thinking about going back to State Farm after the policy is up next year.

For now, I'd pick up a cheaper one.
Grabbed my son a High Sense (Chinese special) with all the bells and whistles 6 years ago. It was so cheap on clearance haha. Figured he could use it for a year or so and we'd grab another. Thing is still being used every day.
Will the church help with the costs of repair?
Yeah..they will. I think I'm just going to board it up for now though till we can afford something really tough. There is nothing but miles of wilderness behind my house, so you can easily not be seen breaking your way into the house from back there. They came in the back and went out the front, I do appreciate that at least they had enough conscience to not ransack our house, it makes me think that at least they were conflicted about breaking into a parsonage and stealing from an obviously poor person. Outside of that TV we really have nothing of value. My wife had taken her real jewelry with her, but I don't think they even looked for any.

Reactions: chargervol
Geez, I'm sure that was fun to watch happen or come home to. All that hard work. My dad knows how to build houses so I'm going to use him as a huge knowledge source for these things. Especially with what to look for when buying a home. But that's a few years off right now.
Came home to it. We were gone for 10 hours and it was broken inside the block wall, directly before the pressure regulator. Full pressure for who knows how long, 14 inches deep and wicked it's way up almost the entire height of the walls. Basements aren't ideal for drying out and salvage.
6 months of after hours work and all the materials gone in one day. It wasn't one of my better moments of inner peace.
giphy-22.gif

I am going to.invest in some cameras for sure. I got plenty of places to hide them.

The thought of you doing that made me think of this movie for some reason...

Next-of-Kin-Poster.jpg

I used to worry about stuff like that but I finally got a home security system that is monitored 24/7. If someone breaks in my house or the smoke detector goes off, the police and fire department are automatically notified. The service is not free but at least I have peace of mind when I'm away from home. I hope they catch the guy during his next robbery because he'll probably strike someone again.

I used to worry about stuff like that but I finally got a home security system that is monitored 24/7. If someone breaks in my house or the smoke detector goes off, the police and fire department are automatically notified. The service is not free but at least I have peace of mind when I'm away from home. I hope they catch the guy during his next robbery because he'll probably strike someone again.
Generally all that service does is give a sense of peace of mind. They're not all that effective.

Insurance is a scam. I'm sure someone can debate me on that, but from stories I've heard during my short lifetime on Earth that is what I've come to understand.
Dude, insurance is not a scam. You can't even buy a house without having insurance. You'll learn :):)

Generally all that service does is give a sense of peace of mind. They're not all that effective.

You're wrong there. My wife came home one day and forgot the code to turn off the alarm at the panel. I was out of town and my phone immediately notified me and I was able to watch her freaking out on my phone. I was laughing so hard as she was trying to explain to the security people who she was. She finally remembered our duress word and that kept the police from being notified. She wanted to kick my a$$ when I showed the recording to her when I got back home. Believe me, she knows the codes now :):):).

PMI is needed unless 20% is put down, also in lieu of PMI on conventional loans with less than 20% down results in higher interest rate.

"PMI is arranged by the lender and provided by private insurance companies. PMI is usually required when you have a conventional loan and make a down payment of less than 20 percent of the home’s purchase price. If you’re refinancing with a conventional loan and your equity is less than 20 percent of the value of your home, PMI is also usually required."

Dude, insurance is not a scam. You can't even buy a house without having insurance. You'll learn :):)
It may not be a scam, but just because it's required to buy a house doesn't prove that it's not a scam. hahaha. Just means you have to buy into the scam to get what you want.

PMI is needed unless 20% is put down, also in lieu of PMI on conventional loans with less than 20% down results in higher interest rate.

"PMI is arranged by the lender and provided by private insurance companies. PMI is usually required when you have a conventional loan and make a down payment of less than 20 percent of the home’s purchase price. If you’re refinancing with a conventional loan and your equity is less than 20 percent of the value of your home, PMI is also usually required."

PMI is insurance on the loan, if you buy a house with cash (pay full price) you don't have to deal with it or home owner's insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back