Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ownership has put major league dollars into it and the other two courses in Sea Pines. Hurricane Matthew took out about 20-25% of the trees around Harbor Town, which actually helped the playability and watching the tourney. The canopy was so overgrown it would keep the sun from getting in. It had previously been renovated by Nicklaus/Dye. They knocked down the old and rebuilt a new $20 MM clubhouse a couple of years ago for it. That's what you will see on TV during broadcasts. Pete Dye rebuilt the Sea Marsh Course into Heron Pointe Course about 5-6 years ago. Without a doubt my favorite on the island. Challenging, but fair low country style track. Davis Love recently rebuilt the Ocean Course into the Atlantic Dunes Course. Have not played it yet. Meanwhile they totally rebuilt the clubhouse that handles those two courses. Great, family friendly venue for the tourney. Nearly all of the players bring their families in that week and fans get to meet many of them in the galleries watching the action. Most stay on plantation while some boat into the marina since many of them live at Sea Island/St. Simon.
Love me some Hilton Head. I would love to own/co-own a place down there. Went on our honeymoon during Masters week down there 4 years ago.

Reactions: Bret178 and Vols4us
I think he missed that put on 18 on purpose. He knew he had 2nd place wrapped up, took the pressure off of tiger to make par and he didn't want to be the guy to ruin Tiger's day and become a villain for the rest of his career. Just my opinion. Could be wrong.
This is the worst take I have ever seen.

Please explain how this was one of the greatest accomplishments in all sports history.

That sounds like extreme hyperbole from a fan about his favorite participate in his favorite sport. I think ole Jimmy let his excitement get the best of him. A little bit of bias there to say the least.

This guy’s tweet expresses how I feel about Tiger’s win...

I so wish fans/posters would get this ^^^
I get it, but we’ve had several different people in both seats and the exact same results. It rings hollow to me until I actually see it. Just like George W. Bush’s favorite Tennessee, well, Texas saying, but I’m sure they say it in Tennessee too.

Reactions: Catbone
Man, I came in here and expected that we would be back on football subjects. But you all still talking bout golf. Not that I'm complaining 😂

Looks like he'll be playing again at the first of May. Cant wait to see if he continues improving his game. If he could consistantly drive the ball like he did in the first round, he'll win a lot.

Reactions: whitw
They said on the Swain event that Savion Williams showed up to the spring game in a do-rag, a tank top, sweatpants, and timberlands. I’m calling it now, All American season coming up.

Edit: here he is, ain’t nobody stopping this dude 😂

😂 he ain’t small

He looked huge when they were introduced at the spring game.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
The ownership has put major league dollars into it and the other two courses in Sea Pines. Hurricane Matthew took out about 20-25% of the trees around Harbor Town, which actually helped the playability and watching the tourney. The canopy was so overgrown it would keep the sun from getting in. It had previously been renovated by Nicklaus/Dye. They knocked down the old and rebuilt a new $20 MM clubhouse a couple of years ago for it. That's what you will see on TV during broadcasts. Pete Dye rebuilt the Sea Marsh Course into Heron Pointe Course about 5-6 years ago. Without a doubt my favorite on the island. Challenging, but fair low country style track. Davis Love recently rebuilt the Ocean Course into the Atlantic Dunes Course. Have not played it yet. Meanwhile they totally rebuilt the clubhouse that handles those two courses. Great, family friendly venue for the tourney. Nearly all of the players bring their families in that week and fans get to meet many of them in the galleries watching the action. Most stay on plantation while some boat into the marina since many of them live at Sea Island/St. Simon.
The Sea Pines courses are so much better than they used to be.

Reactions: Vols4us
Love me some Hilton Head. I would love to own/co-own a place down there. Went on our honeymoon during Masters week down there 4 years ago.

Good stuff - it's a great place to be. We were probably there that week or a week later. Usually go for 2 weeks in April or into early May if we don't go to the Heritage. Our daughter/son-in-law did their engagement party/photos there on the beach back in 2011. We've been going for 30 years. Picture in your mind a time when there were only 15,000 residents and less than a million visitors per year. lol. Gone. Bluffton was a spot in the road for gas and McDonalds with a handful of developing plantations like Rose Hill and Moss Creek.

They're reporting now that the main structure was saved. Earlier they were afraid it might not be possible to save it.

This gives some perspective regarding how dominating Notre Dame is(all those buildings nearby are fairly large on their own)

5cb4d9182300007d006db29e.jpeg

France will rebuild the walls. And Mexico will pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back