Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
More great architecture has been destroyed over the centuries than still exists. As long as the original stone is there from the 1160s... just rebuild that bad boy.

It will take a Public Works Project on the scale of the Hoover Dam and the expense of rebuilding it in the city of Paris today would be out of this world. I don't even know if there are enough artisans available considering the architecture and type of repair work that will likely need to be done. It's a world heritage site so I'm hoping that they do and that others help.

I'm with you -- if the stone survives let's rebuild it. It may just take forever.

They're reporting now that the main structure was saved. Earlier they were afraid it might not be possible to save it.

This gives some perspective regarding how dominating Notre Dame is(all those buildings nearby are fairly large on their own)

5cb4d9182300007d006db29e.jpeg

It will take a Public Works Project on the scale of the Hoover Dam and the expense of rebuilding it in the city of Paris today would be out of this world. I don't even know if there are enough artisans available considering the architecture and type of repair work that will likely need to be done. It's a world heritage site so I'm hoping that they do and that others help.

I'm with you -- if the stone survives let's rebuild it. It may just take forever.
Well it was under a 6.5 million euro renovation...thats a good start.

I think he missed that put on 18 on purpose. He knew he had 2nd place wrapped up, took the pressure off of tiger to make par and he didn't want to be the guy to ruin Tiger's day and become a villain for the rest of his career. Just my opinion. Could be wrong.
No freakin way he missed on purpose...absolutely no way.

I remember playing Harbour Town in a video game when I was growing up. Beautiful course.

The ownership has put major league dollars into it and the other two courses in Sea Pines. Hurricane Matthew took out about 20-25% of the trees around Harbor Town, which actually helped the playability and watching the tourney. The canopy was so overgrown it would keep the sun from getting in. It had previously been renovated by Nicklaus/Dye. They knocked down the old and rebuilt a new $20 MM clubhouse a couple of years ago for it. That's what you will see on TV during broadcasts. Pete Dye rebuilt the Sea Marsh Course into Heron Pointe Course about 5-6 years ago. Without a doubt my favorite on the island. Challenging, but fair low country style track. Davis Love recently rebuilt the Ocean Course into the Atlantic Dunes Course. Have not played it yet. Meanwhile they totally rebuilt the clubhouse that handles those two courses. Great, family friendly venue for the tourney. Nearly all of the players bring their families in that week and fans get to meet many of them in the galleries watching the action. Most stay on plantation while some boat into the marina since many of them live at Sea Island/St. Simon.

The ownership has put major league dollars into it and the other two courses in Sea Pines. Hurricane Matthew took out about 20-25% of the trees around Harbor Town, which actually helped the playability and watching the tourney. The canopy was so overgrown it would keep the sun from getting in. It had previously been renovated by Nicklaus/Dye. They knocked down the old and rebuilt a new $20 MM clubhouse a couple of years ago for it. That's what you will see on TV during broadcasts. Pete Dye rebuilt the Sea Marsh Course into Heron Pointe Course about 5-6 years ago. Without a doubt my favorite on the island. Challenging, but fair low country style track. Davis Love recently rebuilt the Ocean Course into the Atlantic Dunes Course. Have not played it yet. Meanwhile they totally rebuilt the clubhouse that handles those two courses. Great, family friendly venue for the tourney. Nearly all of the players bring their families in that week and fans get to meet many of them in the galleries watching the action. Most stay on plantation while some boat into the marina since many of them live at Sea Island/St. Simon.
You sir are our Volnation resident golf officianado! Really enjoy the golf info you share.

You make some valid points but I still disagree with you. All the accomplishments you mention are at least comparable, but this one has unique qualities that the others do not. If I can get to my laptop later, I will try to defend my position a little better. Thank you for discussing in a respectful manner.
His point is invalid because it has no context other than numbers. The self-made hell, and the physical hell and the mental depths he had fallen to are what make this an all time great sports performance. Coming back like this from one of those issues would be great...coming back from all those issues to compete at this level is dang near miraculous.

Reactions: SmokinBob
If I were him I would absolutely hate the thought of having to write all that with the tv show having run its course. Walking the line between retread and independent story would suck, especially when you know you’ll get passionately roasted for every choice you make. Thanks no, move on, count money.
It is his own fault.

It’s the week after the Open. He traditionally takes the week before majors off, and often take the week after off. Add to that the travel and the fact that he has stayed multiple times that he is not going to play as many tourneys this year, and I think the Memphis even might not make the cut.

Sucks, but it will still have the highest octane leaderboard it has ever had

I do wonder if fed ex will push for it to get moved next year
They need to move it back a week. Playing a WGC the week before or after a major is pure stooopid.

Reactions: whitw
Fulmer mentioned in the O&W game broadcast that we were 1 to 2 recruiting classes away to getting where we need to be depth wise. Need to continue to recruit well.
I think thats true for the Elite teams but for UK, Vandy, Scar, Mizzou we should have enough talent to beat two of thise schools this year. Im not saying we have to beat all 4 but if Pruitt cant be at least 2 of them then I dont think he is the guy

They said on the Swain event that Savion Williams showed up to the spring game in a do-rag, a tank top, sweatpants, and timberlands. I’m calling it now, All American season coming up.

Edit: here he is, ain’t nobody stopping this dude 😂

He looks like he’s smaller than Jimmy Calloway.

I think he missed that put on 18 on purpose. He knew he had 2nd place wrapped up, took the pressure off of tiger to make par and he didn't want to be the guy to ruin Tiger's day and become a villain for the rest of his career. Just my opinion. Could be wrong.
This is ultimate level conspiracy theorist right here.

You sir are our Volnation resident golf officianado! Really enjoy the golf info you share.

Thanks, Gigger. The only qualification needed is to love the game and quite a few on here do. I'm one of weirdos that not only loves to play and watch the pros in person, I actually watch all four days of tourneys on TV. When I was a young man I met some older legends (Jack, Chi-Chi, Julius Boros, etc.). Hooked for life.

But the football Vols are my first love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back