Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he is a good thrower, not great. He's certainly good. To believe he is less than good, or not good, at throwing the ball would be underrating him, IMO.

I really like Dobbs but he is average in passing. If he was a good thrower he would make it in the next level. Dobbs excelled with his legs. Look at the South Carolina game. Muschamp made the statement that his team was going to make Dobbs play quarterback not runningback. Dobbs was very inconsistent throwing the football and that was evident. Again I really like Dobbs, but he was a better runner and scrambler than anything. So yes I underrate him as a thrower. His accuracy was average at best. I don't underrate him as a college qb because of his run game.

Swain had some thoughts on Canales also. He said that he understood why people might be upset, but, ultimately, his best recruiting tool, will not be what connections he might have. It will be how he develops Dormady and Guarantano. Obviously, if they have a great year, then other QB prospects will see that, and that will recruit them a lot better than who they might know in the industry.

Not to detract from an otherwise excellent post, but could you at least spell the QBs names correctly?

:)

Reactions: 1 person
It's strange that his team's head coach said he was most impressed by Dobbs' throwing ability out of all the QBs. That coach is also one of the most respected QB coaches in the business. . .

Well, you know how this works, the only fan base that doesn't thing Dobbs can make it is most of Vol fan base..

Reactions: 4 people
Not buying Swain's long term recruiting payoff angle. Most of the top QBs in the 2018 class are already committed. Things can change but it's going to take a hell of a lot more than an 8-9 win season to flip one of those kids.

If Dobbs had played under Fulmer on that 2002 team we would've won the Natty. Especially getting coached up at QB. Dobbs is so damn underrated by our fan base it's pitiful.

because Casey got his collar bone broken and Dobbs would've been much better than the backups that year, because Casey had us headed there the year before until Stallworth and Stephen's fumbled it away. maybe Dobbs would've been better but wasn't Casey's fault that year.

Reactions: 1 person
Gotta love the basket VOLS. May not always have the more talented team but they're gonna give you everything they've got. Leading KY at the moment

Also I believe we need to add Schofield as a LB.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I really like Dobbs but he is average in passing. If he was a good thrower he would make it in the next level. Dobbs excelled with his legs. Look at the South Carolina game. Muschamp made the statement that his team was going to make Dobbs play quarterback not runningback. Dobbs was very inconsistent throwing the football and that was evident. Again I really like Dobbs, but he was a better runner and scrambler than anything. So yes I underrate him as a thrower. His accuracy was average at best. I don't underrate him as a college qb because of his run game.

Pulling out his worst game to make his statement is a bit one sided.

What if I told you about a QB who went a combined 43/47 during two games this year, for a blistering 92% completion rate, 5 TD's and no INTs.

Reactions: 3 people
because Casey got his collar bone broken and Dobbs would've been much better than the backups that year, because Casey had us headed there the year before until Stallworth and Stephen's fumbled it away. maybe Dobbs would've been better but wasn't Casey's fault that year.

Dobbs behind that O-line with those weapons would've been flat out sick. We would've put up close to 50 a game.

Reactions: 2 people
I like josh but give me ICE Man all day in a drop back pocket pass game offense we had then throwing to Kw, donte and Witten. Dobbs is a playmaker but let's not act like he doesn't have his halfs and days where he can't hit a shin bone. Some games he is hitting everything then next he he is playing ping pong

Reactions: 3 people
I like josh but give me ICE Man all day in a drop back pocket pass game offense we had then throwing to Kw, donte and Witten. Dobbs is a playmaker but let's not act like he doesn't have his halfs and days where he can't hit a shin bone. Some games he is hitting everything then next he he is playing ping pong

I'd rather Dobbs; always showed a lot more leadership.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back