Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Ezekiel Elliot sure wasn't hurt by being in OSU's offense... And Hurd and Elliot are very similar in their styles (Hurd is a better blocker in the back field by a small margin, Elliot is better in every other facet by larger margins)

I think Hurd could be good in any system if he could get over himself and dedicate to it. He was great in our system too as was evidenced by his almost breaking the career rushing yard record in three years. I agree that he could be great in OSU's offense. He could also be getting paid in a few months instead of looking for a new school. He crazy.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Hurd could be good in any system if he could get over himself and dedicate to it. He was great in our system too as was evidenced by his almost breaking the career rushing yard record in three years. I agree that he could be great in OSU's offense. He could also be getting paid in a few months instead of looking for a new school. He crazy.

I've also come around to the idea that he is just big to play rb after witnessing Kelly squeeze through holes and bust runs that Hurd had no chance of getting through.

If you want to run I formation and nickel and dime a defense to death to wear them down, Hurd could be serviceable though. Just don't count on any game breaking runs.

I've also come around to the idea that he is just big to play rb after witnessing Kelly squeeze through holes and bust runs that Hurd had no chance of getting through.

If you want to run I formation and nickel and dime a defense to death to wear them down, Hurd could be serviceable though. Just don't count on any game breaking runs.

In a strange way, if you got Hurd in open space on a screen, he was awesome. He wouldn't juke you, but he would run you over if only one guy showed up. I distinctly remember two screens: at USC (which saved the 2014 season) and at UK in 2015. Great plays.

But you are right in that he was so tall and big that any hand on his foot would bring him down, or he couldn't fit through a tight spot. The only similar thing to Ezekiel Elliott is that Hurd would fit through some of the holes that the Dallas OL created this year. I saw a few that I could have driven a car through.

I would say that if Hurd's mom was calling Booby "The Snake" Patrino at Lousville, they probably didn't get the answer they were looking for at Bucknuts U.

Reactions: 3 people
Has there been a Ron or GFW sighting on here today? Its approaching the 11th hour and I would like to know what they are feeling about any possible additions to this class. They have proven to be a wealth of information.

He will more than likely redshirt next year to try and grasp the position change to TE (if he does indeed switch to TE), play his senior season, contribute little and fall into the depths of College Football darkness. The next time we will see him will be either: a.) his name gets called out of nowhere in the 7th round of the draft because of his intangibles (Bryce Brown esque) b.) at a random moment when a Canadian Football League game comes on.

I never want to see a kid not succeed but his path to success in football is so uphill with a position change and with his me-first personality that shys away from adversity I just don't see it happening.

Dude, I am ashamed of you. No one calls themselves a handler anymore. Please consider changing your name to Smokey's Mentor.

I would say that if Hurd's mom was calling Booby "The Snake" Patrino at Lousville, they probably didn't get the answer they were looking for at Bucknuts U.

Hurd probably seeing if he could get someone to coach him up for the year he is ineligible then bolt for the NFL. He is a tIem player you know.

We sure that is in fact his ride and him not just leaning and taking a pic with it? Would be hard to believe he's rolling around Tuscaloosa and campus in that thing without drawing attention...

Man you really don't want to believe this do you? This has been going on for years now. Trent Richardson and his funked out Escalade are notorious.

Reactions: 1 person
No way he is still a 240 pound RB after sitting a whole year. Him not declaring is crazy.

The kid is stupid and will never play in the NFL.

He should have just declared and changed positions in the league if he's dead set on not being a RB anyone. Sitting out a year does nothing for him.

Either he's stupid for thinking of this plan or he's stupid for listening to whoever thought it was a good idea.

I'll personally enjoy seeing Alvin Kamara get selected in the 1st round while the quitter is sitting at home.

He's hilarious...

Do you split Oreos first, or eat them whole?

His answer

Both... if I'm takin a bubble bath I'll split them to feel fancy. If not I eat em whole #AKQ&A

Alvin Kamara will be the league's next Marshawn Lynch. In personality at least. Actually now that I think about it AK could end up being that good on the field too... it'll be exciting to watch him.

Alvin Kamara will be the league's next Marshawn Lynch. In personality at least. Actually now that I think about it AK could end up being that good on the field too... it'll be exciting to watch him.

Lynch hated talking to the media. Kamara seems like he really enjoys talking to people.

My draft thoughts:

Barnett - 1st rd
Sutton - 2nd rd
Kamara - 2nd rd (possible 1st, but doubt it)
Reeves Maybin - 5/6th rd
Malone - 5/6th rd
Dobbs - 6/7th rd

Random and JMO

Edit: So random, it wasn't even meant for this thread. :crazy:

My draft thoughts:

Barnett - 1st rd
Sutton - 2nd rd
Kamara - 2nd rd (possible 1st, but doubt it)
Reeves Maybin - 5/6th rd
Malone - 5/6th rd
Dobbs - 6/7th rd

Random and JMO

Edit: So random, it wasn't even meant for this thread. :crazy:

I wouldn't count out Vereen either. Could see him getting picked up in the later rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back