Recruiting Forum Football Talk XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever it is may be the same person as the guy in the bottom right of this pic:

11223407.jpeg

I only know of three guys on the team with dreads that long: JRM, Maggitt, and Pearson. The first two are accounted for in the pic, but Mysterious Dreadlocks Dude (MDD henceforth) appears to be much shorter than Pearson's listed height.

That guy in the bottom right is Joe Young, FR RB. And the other guy with the curl bar has a different tat on his shoulder from Pearson.

Bh-vClqCMAAYKBt.jpg

So yeah, I have no clue who barbell dude is. Maybe it's JRM.

I agree with RockyTop85, running stores can be a big help. They addressed the overpronate problem I had with running. Specific to your question, they recommended a Brooks shoe for stability. I'm cheap so I freaked out at the price, but after buying, I don't regret. It's been the best pair I've owned and now I spend the money for Brooks. I wear my Brooks for more than running. I have a bad knee too and like the support they give. My son runs cross country and he chose the new version of Nike Pegasus (Brooks was his 2nd choice), also recommended by same running store based on his running style. I haven't tried them but he loves them. Hope this helps.

Asics and Brooks are the two best, imo. Those are easily our best sellers for serious runners but they are a popular shoe overall as well. You can find pronation support in any brand really but for my money, the best is the Asics Dynamic Duomax support system that comes in their stability models.

I have an extremely pronated foot and have been using the Brooks Beast for the past 5ish years (Buying new shoes on a ~yearly basis due to wear from running often). Brooks makes an excellent shoe that offers great support while still being lightweight and breathable.

Another training/exercise question though:

What running shoe have any of you guys had good success with? I just ordered a pair of Brooks shoes. Never used them before. Hoping it helps. I have been having pain in my left knee. I think it's tendonitis. Been resting it this week. And hoping these new shoes will help.

I've had two pairs of Brooks. I love them.

I have an extremely pronated foot and have been using the Brooks Beast for the past 5ish years (Buying new shoes on a ~yearly basis due to wear from running often). Brooks makes an excellent shoe that offers great support while still being lightweight and breathable.

The Brooks Beast is, well, a beast when it comes to Pronation support. It's an excellent shoe. The Asics Fortify is also a good choice that gives up a little support to gain a little cushion in the heel.

Last edited:
Blair in the middle here?

11223507.jpeg

Also, I thought KMack wasn't at this event until I saw a pair of mammoth arms. Above Dobbs here:

11223482.jpeg

I kind of like the Newton shoes my wife got for me. I had never heard of them, but she swore they were the stuff, and I must admit they're pretty good for me. They have that lever action thing going. Once you get used to it it's pretty cool.

I kind of like the Newton shoes my wife got for me. I had never heard of them, but she swore they were the stuff, and I must admit they're pretty good for me. They have that lever action thing going. Once you get used to it it's pretty cool.

I've seen those and have friends who swear by them.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't see a thread for Marlon Dunlap anywhere. 2016 NC DT.

CKsLhGjUsAAOEXq.jpg:small

Tennessee was the most recent school to pull the trigger.

”The offer means a lot,” said the 6-foot-4, 290-pound Dunlap. “I’m going to visit there soon. I’m looking forward to seeing the campus. I’m excited to see both the academic and football sides of the program.

”(Linebackers) coach (Tommy) Thigpen is recruiting me. He’s a good coach and he’s all about helping his players.”
Scout

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back