Recruiting Forum Football Talk XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all that enthused about LWS posts on our oline situation in the FF. Nothing horrible just no silver linings for shakeup. Status quo which I know I have tried not to think about this off season.

I figured it was known that it would be the same besides RT

Don't be so afraid of gay people, Sam. They're just like you and me. Just people.

I didn't say I was afraid of them. Nor anything about hating them at all. But I myself would still prefer to not view it portrayed in cinematic form. And i didn't see it. Others did. We are free to make our own choices in this country....at least somewhat.... For now anyways....

Not interested in igniting any kind of religious discussion. And not saying you were necessarily trying to do that either, Ron. I just don't want to go down that road. It gets intense quickly.

Btw Ron, I have been becoming even more and more libertarian. IIRC you are of that mindset too. You on the Rand train? He is in my top 2. Would love to see him win in '16

Reactions: 6 people
I think I have been doing such a good job blocking out our blocking it got better. In my mind.

we still haven't had fall camp. We really don't know what these freshman will do until pads come on. Plus you get to see the improvements of returning players. my only real concern is RT spot. i mean not a lot you can find out about our lines since spring ended

we still haven't had fall camp. We really don't know what these freshman will do until pads come on. Plus you get to see the improvements of returning players. my only real concern is RT spot. i mean not a lot you can find out about our lines since spring ended

I actually feel pretty good about Kendrick at RT. He has all the measurables you look for in an OT and I thought he looked like the best of the OTs we saw last year (though that was a limited number of snaps). Lots of chatter about him being kept off the field last season because of work ethic/attitude issues that have since been rectified.

I worry most about LT. Kerbyson probably won't make many mental mistakes and will play his ass off all season, but he just doesn't have the size/length/quickness you look for in an ideal LT. I'd love it if someone took the job from him and he was able to slide back inside.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't hate people.

Sigh. Disagreeing with someone's thoughts, choices, views, opinions is not hating them. Otherwise, my marriage wouldn't have lasted very long. Haha.

I didn't think anything in your comment had any malicious intent behind it.

So you don't want to watch a movie about homosexual men doing each other in the woods? Crazy! It's just so crazy that not every person on the planet wants to spend two hours watching that. I bet Sam wouldn't even like that movie if it was about a man and a woman doing it in the woods. On second thought, he probably wood that dirty dog. (Puns for volssam!)

My point is, I think It's perfectly reasonable for a grown man to decide for himself whether or not he wants to watch that kind of movie. I'm pretty sure Ron Swanson would agree because he's a strict libertarian and an advocate of individual rights. Rights to consume and rights not to consume. Live and let live.

I didn't think anything in your comment had any malicious intent behind it.

So you don't want to watch a movie about homosexual men doing each other in the woods? Crazy! It's just so crazy that not every person on the planet wants to spend two hours watching that. I bet Sam wouldn't even like that movie if it was about a man and a woman doing it in the woods. On second thought, he probably wood that dirty dog. (Puns for volssam!)

My point is, I think It's perfectly reasonable for a grown man to decide for himself whether or not he wants to watch that kind of movie. I'm pretty sure Ron Swanson would agree because he's a strict libertarian and an advocate of individual rights. Rights to consume and rights not to consume. Live and let live.
I'm not trying to put words in Swanson's mouth, but I'm pretty sure he was responding because Sam said, "I held a grudge a long time against liking him as an actor after he did Brokeback Mountain," not because he chose not to see the movie.

Not wanting to see the movie is fine, nobody would bash you for that. I'm all for gay rights and I still haven't seen it and am not really interested in seeing it. Romance movies don't really interest me in general, regardless of who's falling in love in them.

But holding a grudge against an actor and actively disliking him for portraying a gay character is a little...um...well let's just say it comes off sounding you like hold a grudge against gay people in general. I'm not saying that's what he meant, but that's the vibe it sends.

Reactions: 13 people
Just to change the subject somewhat...

Every movie should be like Sharknado and Pot Zombies. All violence, explosions, and no understandable plot.

Reactions: 2 people
What did LWS say?

In essence the coaches weren't excited about our line and hoped for shakeup but no one is stepping up and replacing anyone. Also that they really want more tenacity at center. The LT spot is the one most up for grabs and that would allow a shuffling.
JMO

I think if someone would step up and take LT, Kerbyson would move to RG and they would insert Robertson at center. I think they would like to see that happen or Thomas prove he could handle center.. they would like more physicality at that position.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I'm not trying to put words in Swanson's mouth, but I'm pretty sure he was responding because Sam said, "I held a grudge a long time against liking him as an actor after he did Brokeback Mountain," not because he chose not to see the movie.

Not wanting to see the movie is fine, nobody would bash you for that. I'm all for gay rights and I still haven't seen it and am not really interested in seeing it. Romance movies don't really interest me in general, regardless of who's falling in love in them.

But holding a grudge against an actor and actively disliking him for portraying a gay character is a little...um...well let's just say it comes off sounding you like hold a grudge against gay people in general. I'm not saying that's what he meant, but that's the vibe it sends.

Thought about responding and trying to further explain but I think it's smarter to just move on. I can't get into a prolonged message board discussion. I have way too much going on in my life right now to deal with added stress from something like that. And I don't want to "hold grudges" against anybody on here ;) except maybe Ron for abandoning his position on volnation to go and work, and Butchna just because. Ha

Another training/exercise question though:

What running shoe have any of you guys had good success with? I just ordered a pair of Brooks shoes. Never used them before. Hoping it helps. I have been having pain in my left knee. I think it's tendonitis. Been resting it this week. And hoping these new shoes will help.

In essence the coaches weren't excited about our line and hoped for shakeup but no one is stepping up and replacing anyone. Also that they really want more tenacity at center. The LT spot is the one most up for grabs and that would allow a shuffling.

Do not be surprised if Richmond is starting at one of the tackle positions sooner rather than later. Butch views Drew as a Tunsil/Cam Robinson immediate impact type of tackle and wants him in the lineup asap.

The part about wanting more physicality at center is 100% true also.

Reactions: 3 people
Do not be surprised if Richmond is starting at one of the tackle positions sooner rather than later. Butch views Drew as a Tunsil/Cam Robinson immediate impact type of tackle and wants him in the lineup asap.

The part about wanting more physicality at center is 100% true also.

Coleman Thomas needs to step up in a huge way. He needs to take it away from Crowder.

Reactions: 1 person
That's the best case scenario. CT just needs to get better at making the calls and adjustments. He's got everything else the staff is looking for at the position.

Is he behind where he should at making the calls or is he developing more slowly than they would like?

Is he behind where he should at making the calls or is he developing more slowly than they would like?

He's just playing catchup to Crowder in that aspect because 1) Thomas is competing against a 5th year senior who has been at center his entire career 2) He was at RT last year due to necessity so he lost quite a bit of practice time at center.

Reactions: 1 person
He's just playing catchup to Crowder in that aspect because 1) Thomas is competing against a 5th year senior who has been at center his entire career 2) He was at RT last year due to necessity so he lost quite a bit of practice time at center.

I figured his time at RT would hurt him for C. Thanks. If he has got everything else down, how long until there wouldn't be huge dropoff in production between the two in your estimation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back