Recruiting Forum Football Talk XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're sharing one? If so, I'd like to bid on the extra helmet.

kingIseeyou.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Maggot? lol

Seems like we have solid leadership for the foreseeable future. Maggitt is the de facto leader this year, next year it will be JRM and Dobbs. 2017 will be Hurd and Kelly, 2018 Bates and McKenzie.

Ha oops. I have the worst time with autocorrect ever since I got I phone 6. It autocorrects everything so annoying.

Best synopsis yet (by Volunteer08)
All of what I'm about to post is from TOS...

Charles Mosley incident happens...Later, Butch is speaking to the team as a whole explaining the seriousness of the situation, how dumb it was and how . Justin Martin makes a comment back to Butch and as Butch starts to go back with Justin, JRM and Curt Magitt get in his face. Butch has "release papers" signed immediately to show Justin Martin how serious he is and that he won't jeopardize anything for this team. Martin then works out with the team and everything is ok.

I don't think it was that big of a deal. It was more of a statement to the team than directly to Martin.

If any of this is untrue or if you've heard differently then please feel free to correct this.

Love it on all levels. Sometimes you have to go through adversity to get to a higher level.

Reactions: 2 people
I bet Butch called the meeting, laid down the law, and held up a release form for anyone who didn't like it, to "Get the (word of your choice) out, and find somewhere else to do their ish."

Martin has a word to say, Curt and JRM share words of encouragement and affirmation to the lad, as Butch signs the form, throws it to him, and tells him he's got the night to make a decision before Butch makes an announcement to the media the next day.

Having received a dose of reality, our hero decides it is best to partake of the evening workout, and toss that release in the garbage.

JMO. Most of which has been said, but I like my version :)

Reactions: 9 people
In other recruiting news-
5* DE Nick Bosa commits to Ohio State (no surprise there)
&
4* WR Charlie Woerner commits to UGA (again, no surprise)

Butch Big Stones Jones strikes again.

Boy, I am curious to know what Martin felt convicted about to say? None of my business and I certainly don't deserve to know. I'm most happy about feeling like we have internal leadership. That is monumental.

Reactions: 1 person
Regarding the running back recruiting this year, I think Hurd and Kamara will give us the same boost that UGA has been experiencing recently.

Once recruits see Tennessee running like a machine for 200 yards per game, they will come. They have not seen that production here in a LONG time

How many WR commits does that give UGA?

3- Charlie Woerner, Darion Anderson, & Randrecous Davis (who they took earlier this week).

They also have 3 CBs. Probably just stashing a couple not-as-high recruits in case they miss on guys like Kyle davis, Demetris Robertson, Mecole Hardman, Marquez Callaway. Still blows my mind that they want Hardman at corner. Dude could be the next Percy Harvin.

3- Charlie Woerner, Darion Anderson, & Randrecous Davis (who they took earlier this week).

They also have 3 CBs. Probably just stashing a couple not-as-high recruits in case they miss on guys like Kyle davis, Demetris Robertson, Mecole Hardman, Marquez Callaway. Still blows my mind that they want Hardman at corner. Dude could be the next Percy Harvin.

Doesnt hardman want to play wr in college?

Pruitt is selling him on the fact he can make it to the NFL as a CB, but is too small to be a NFL WR.

Rhetorical question: so why is he catching deep passes from their 5* 2016 commit at uga's football camp? Shouldn't he be doing cb drills? And I still think he's coming here (UT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back