Recruiting Forum: Football Talk XIII

Today my girlfriend gave me my ticket to the usu game. Next Sunday will be my first game inside of Neyland. I might shed a tear.
You'll love it man. My first games were last year. Barely beat an awful USA team and lost in heart-breaking fashion to Vandy but I loved every second of being there. Even in loss, I had a great time.

I guess living here in town I'm lucky, I get to most of the games every year, unless I get stuck workin, or watchin kids.... But, even still... the experiences never get old. Still get a thrill walkin from the concourse out into the stands before a game... I love bein a VOL.... :)

Reactions: 1 person
Today my girlfriend gave me my ticket to the usu game. Next Sunday will be my first game inside of Neyland. I might shed a tear.

It's football nirvana broseph. Ain't nothing like it anywhere. When you watch the Power T open up and the team run through it, you will cry like a baby. I guarantee it.

When the band plays Rocky Top, your heart will race and it feels like all the emotions will jump from your body.

It's football nirvana broseph. Ain't nothing like it anywhere. When you watch the Power T open up and the team run through it, you will cry like a baby. I guarantee it.

When the band plays Rocky Top, your heart will race and it feels like all the emotions will jump from your body.

This. Exactly this.

Come back and post what it felt like the first time you walk into the stadium.I always love too hear what people think the first time inside the stadium.

Is Torrence Gibson back playing for American Heritage? They are playing Curt Maggitt's H.S. Dwyer tomorrow on ESPN2

I remember my first game like it was yesterday. Be prepared for nonstop goosebumps. Especially when they run out of the T. Congrats man.

Anybody see Jacques Smith get kicked out of the Falcons preseason game? Dude needs to use his noggin. He's trying to make the team.

5197a8d4c4a76dd529b31f2534e79503.jpg

Can't believe how much this man hates orange.

Thig gun thig.

He wants to be here, we're glad to have him here.

Congrats Mockingvol. That it's your first time and you're excited really put things into perspective for me. I feel bad that I was offered tix on the lower level, 50 yard line for Arky State, and have been debating whether or not to go because I've always had access to great tix whenever I wished even as a young kid. Sometimes those of us who've grown up spoiled in this area (for me it's always been connections not wealth or anything as my family never had any yet I've never bought a ticket), need to be reminded of just how spoiled we are and what we take for granted. I may not be privileged in most or any other areas really but in this one I've truly been blessed. Even though that realization makes me feel like a heel, thanks for reminding me of that.

I hope you have a wonderful time and am certain it will be a blast. There's nothing like the first game. And once again - put a ring on that gal. :)

Reactions: 2 people

This will be my 51st year going to UT games. Although a lot has changed over the years (stadium size, the field, team entrance for the game, etc.) there is still nothing like it. I still get goosebumps when the team comes out before kickoff. When I was going through chemo in 2000 and 2001 I didn't miss a home game even though I was barely able to get to my seat sometimes, the love for my Vols meant too much for me to miss. My wife told me every week that I was crazy! Enjoy your first game, you will never forget the experience!

Reactions: 9 people

You will have goosebumps on multiple occasions. Make sure you go to the Vol Walk, and hang around for when the band comes down to the stadium. Both are goosebump events. I have been to numerous games, and still get goosebumps all the time.

If anyone on here sees a guy with his #18 jersey with "Croomster" on the back and an orange bucket hat, then grab me and say hey. That will be baby avi on gameday. Oh, I'll probably have on cargo shorts too.

VN Store

Back