Recruiting Forum: Football Talk XIII

Jones is terrible with the media. I don't know if he realizes his quotes can come off the way they do. Was the Driskel quote about emptying stadiums said this year or back in 2012?

Regardless, our guys need to shut up. We were 4-8 last year, needed double ot in order to beat UK and were stomped by Bama.

Reactions: 2 people
UF RB Matt Jones: "Their guys in the secondary don't do a very good job of coming up and making tackles.” Just more motivation for this team

smoke screen and what not ... trying to get our secondary to bite on a play fake to set up a deep pass :p

Jones is terrible with the media. I don't know if he realizes his quotes can come off the way they do. Was the Driskel quote about emptying stadiums said this year or back in 2012?

Regardless, our guys need to shut up. We were 4-8 last year, needed triple ot in order to beat UK and were stomped by Bama.

fyp

I started looking back to the last time we beat fla, it was 2004. We had the series lead 19-15 now it's 19-24. Zook was the coach, 2 coaches ago, our players were still in elementary school, myspace was 1 year old, Facebook launched, Anchorman and Napoleon dynamite were released and Butch Jones was the offensive coordinator at Central Michigan. IT'S TIME! Time to turn this ish around!

Reactions: 1 person
jones is terrible with the media. I don't know if he realizes his quotes can come off the way they do. Was the driskel quote about emptying stadiums said this year or back in 2012?

Regardless, our guys need to shut up. We were 4-8 last year, needed slive's officiating crew in order to beat uk and were stomped by bama.

fyp

One of three things happened here imo:

1. JONES got confused during the question and thought they asked about UF.

2. He thinks Trey Burton is still playing for Fla

3. He thinks B Moore is still starting for Vols.

You get credit for #3 for sure. Moore was great for the coaching transition. Really loved being a Vol. But oh man he was really not interested in coming up to make a tackle against a RB coming downhill. Still remember the have where he came up when a RB caught a swing pass and he got out of the way instead of making the tackle.

I agree. We match up well against Georgia and Florida (like Oklahoma) except for that one crucial piece. Yet like we saw against Oklahoma, with our oline deficiencies, we aren't able to exploit our advantages. People are getting upset with Worley and Bajakian for not hitting the deep ball, yet they have to understand that those type plays take longer to develop. Those precious seconds aren't there to be had with our poor pass protection. Hence, our passing game is limited to the dinks and dunks

What do you all think of having more "max protect" formations involving two tailbacks?

How many play actions have we run this year, I haven't seen many if any.

One of three things happened here imo:

1. JONES got confused during the question and thought they asked about UF.

2. He thinks Trey Burton is still playing for Fla

3. He thinks B Moore is still starting for Vols.
Moore and Teague. And Coleman. That was easy pickins.

As miserable as we are today Bama fans are just as miserable. Doesn't make sense with all they have done these last few years compared to us but it is the nature of fandom. That brings a smile to my face. :)

VN Store

Back