Recruiting Forum: Football Talk X

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I watched us play A Wyoming home game at LP and also Vandy at LP late 90s early 2000s. Both were pretty much UT home games and I thought it was a great idea. Surprised it didn't catch on. Great stadium and open bar.

I was at that Wyoming game. Quite frankly, it was a much better atmosphere/game-day experience than the one Titans game I attended.

Another plus about the LP game subject and I'll move on. It's great for west TN guys like myself because its 6hrs to Knoxville. We used to play Ole Miss in Memphis and since that stadium blows I'm glad they stopped but I did like the short drive. A Nashville game not in Vandys stadium would be a ticket sold to me for sure every time as I don't go to games as much as I would like because it is so far away.

Another plus about the LP game subject and I'll move on. It's great for west TN guys like myself because its 6hrs to Knoxville. We used to play Ole Miss in Memphis and since that stadium blows I'm glad they stopped but I did like the short drive. A Nashville game not in Vandys stadium would be a ticket sold to me for sure every time as I don't go to games as much as I would like because it is so far away.

I'd like to see the UT-Bama game become an annual neutral site game at LP field (Sort of like the Texas-Oklahoma game). Might mitigate the fact that we have to play the toughest team from the West every single year.

I'd like to see the UT-Bama game become an annual neutral site game at LP field (Sort of like the Texas-Oklahoma game). Might mitigate the fact that we have to play the toughest team from the West every single year.

I'm all for games at LP, but not Alabama. It would be football sacrilege to take that game off campus.

Reactions: 1 person
Also lots of Vol fans would spend the whole weekend in Nashville. There's nothing like an Orange Out on 2nd Ave.

Again, it is subjective. Just like the other guy said he likes Birmingham because it is his hometown. So are you going to contend he is wrong and you are right? I have only driven through Birmingham on the way to somewhere else so I have no feelings about it at all. I have lived in Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, and North Carolina. I like them all. They all have their own reasons people would like living there. As far as your living in Gatlinburg for 60 years, I'm sure you would agree it is not anything like it was when you were born. I would probably have preferred it the way it was to the way it is now. That is what I meant by springing up next to the park. My parents live in Townsend and my mother still works in the park so I have spent quite a bit of time right where you are and I agree it is a beautiful place. But it isn't the only beautiful place. So don't get your panties in a wad Pops. Take some of your blood pressure medicine and relax. Nobody is accusing you of living in a dumpster.

My panties are not in a wad...they are in a bunch....:) LOL :)

I agree with it being subjective, I took offense at being called ignorant and simply defended my first post...
The guy that lives in Bama has a right to love his home, as I do mine.... I do agree with one thing It was sure a lot better before

Wish the tourist would go home ha ha

PS/ by the way I am sure you have a better understanding of Bham than I do, seeing you drove through there a couple of times and I only attended Jeff State for Mortuary school for two years there, so I will give way to your vast experience with the place

Last edited:

I agree with it being subjective, I took offense at being called ignorant and simply defended my first post...
The guy that lives in Bama has a right to love his home, as I do mine.... I do agree with one thing It was sure a lot better before

Coasty, I just got a job offer up there. My family and I are looking at homes around Townsend/Walland area.

Guys, you all are seriously under-rating the state of Alabama. You DO know that it is the 8th wonder of the world, don't you? It's the only hole above ground!

Seriously though, y'all ever been to Troy? Yikes!

PS/ by the way I am sure you have a better understanding of Bham than I do, seeing you drove through there a couple of times and I only attended Jeff State for Mortuary school for two years there, so I will give way to your vast experience with the place

My poor choice of words to express myself. Again I'm sorry for being offensive.
I remember being in Gatlinburg about 30 years ago and it has changed so much since then, and not for the better. I have lived in other touristy places (Orlando) and you have to take the bad with the good. As frustrating as they are, they sure help the local economy. I can only imagine about what it was like when you were growing up. All of the good parts with none of the bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back