Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Tony the villain?

Felt like that show didn't have classical villains and heros. Just bad actors everywhere ("actors"...not actors)
Yeah, not the "traditional" villain, clear line between good and evil; but, the very definition of anti-hero. Tony was the prototype of the 21st Century anti-hero...then came Walter White, Don Draper, Jax Teller, etc.

However, to many, he was also the very definition of villain...he raped, pillaged, plundered, stole, killed, lied, bullied, intimidated, manipulated, schemed, so on and so forth. To many, such things are still bad, and those that do such things are villainous...no matter how endearing they may be. One of the reasons Chase wanted to kill Tony in the end. He's said, we watched this guy commit the most heinous sh!t, yet we cheered for him, we loved him; but, Chase couldn't let him get away with it. I get the sense, a bit, Chase held it against us, loving Tony as much as we did. Chase, very much, saw him as a villain.

Drvenner is famous at my work
We have to rotate a joke through every person each Wednesday
But they call on me alot
My best friend told a horrible joke once and i stated you sound like drvenner on Volnation
When i explained to the rest how corny this man was, their desire for more INCREASED!

So now the boss requests a drvenner joke so we can laugh at how unfunny it is, and im the delivery guy

He made me do the Italian pastaway joke the other day

Embarassing
You are so very welcome. Very happy to help you in your career advancement!!

Our plate discipline has been the problem all day. It has not been helped by the home plate ump.

UGA scored the same amount they did yesterday. It has all been on our hitting or lack thereof.

Drvenner is famous at my work
We have to rotate a joke through every person each Wednesday
But they call on me alot
My best friend told a horrible joke once and i stated you sound like drvenner on Volnation
When i explained to the rest how corny this man was, their desire for more INCREASED!

So now the boss requests a drvenner joke so we can laugh at how unfunny it is, and im the delivery guy

He made me do the Italian pastaway joke the other day

Embarassing
I am very disgusted that nothing is made in the USA anymore. I just bought a TV and it said "Built in Antenna." I'll be honest. I don't even know where that is.

What's the deal with the sound issues during Braves games on Bally Sports this year? Been having all kinds of problems...

Sally pitched me an idea for a new business. We started it. I thought she could write our software, but it turns out she oversold her abilities, so we had to move her to customer and investor support. She wrote some good memos, but was picky about not lying to our investors as requested, so they turned out more like white lie memos. We grew quickly, hiring new employees and all.

Made $2 million on our first sale, but she said we should "double check" that figure, because it seemed like a lot for a single sale. So, we "adjusted" the invoice and bank records to lower the reported figure and tax obligation. Meanwhile we started stealing investor money and double charging clients on purpose. She did not like any of this, but I always thanked her for her loyalty.

Over time I had to promote her to manager, because others were asking too many questions. The FBI then came knocking. I immediately promoted her to CEO and fled the country. I handed over all of her messages deceiving investors to them. They subpoenaed her servers and all backups of her code for total deletion. She took awhile to come around to the realization of what this meant.

But she finally accepted sweet release. She left on a high note, ever the loyal employee.

View attachment 550302
😆

Reactions: Devo182
I am very disgusted that nothing is made in the USA anymore. I just bought a TV and it said "Built in Antenna." I'll be honest. I don't even know where that is.

Alternatively: *I can’t even find that on a map!

(Sorry, I know you are the master—like others, I also steal all of your material—but this one can land harder).

Beautiful morning to mark the golf course for this weekend’s tournament View attachment 549915
That's gonna take a lot of paint :cool::cool:
I used to paint our course for local tournaments, but the USGA and PGA Junior tournaments were painted by their staff. I never understood that but I was glad they gave me a break. I would paint the front nine one day and the back nine the next day.

Reactions: peaygolf
That's gonna take a lot of paint :cool::cool:
I used to paint our course for local tournaments, but the USGA and PGA Junior tournaments were painted by their staff. I never understood that but I was glad they gave me a break. I would paint the front nine one day and the back nine the next day.
It's my quiet time............:)

NaiveBlueCaecilian-size_restricted.gif

I wonder if Bama baseball is in trouble for the coach/staff letting the boosters know the gameplan ahead of time (so they can bet). I know that people in the football program tell the boosters whether or not they intend to completely destroy a cupcake opponent or take it easy. Seems significant.
This looks like a pure case of the Bama coach placing a bet on LSU. It's been reported that the coach was in direct communication with someone who was placing the bets just prior to the game. That's never a good look :cool::cool::cool:

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back