Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't personally, but my uncle had and this was the diagnostic he gave. The issue is he doesn't have the time to actually run it down and fix it.

She wants to just have a shop figure it out and get it fixed. So was mostly looking for recommendations for good wiring folks in the Knoxville/Oak Ridge/Maryville area.
Oh okay my bad.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Todays “gimmick”
Is tomorrows revolution.
I remember hearing a story about the old wishbone offense never having a wr. Then one day a team put a guy out in a wr spot. No one covered him and he caught it and scored.
That running game isn’t no more a gimmick than the offense is. It’s 11 on 11, either stop them or get scored on. I guess they are going to call our D a gimmick to in the coming years. Heupel wants our O to be able to do it all, to get the best matchup. It’s not about being pass or run heavy it’s about working you over and finding the weak spot. Gimmicks don’t last, our offense is built on being good at everything. That is no gimmick. GBO!

Todays “gimmick”
Is tomorrows revolution.
I remember hearing a story about the old wishbone offense never having a wr. Then one day a team put a guy out in a wr spot. No one covered him and he caught it and scored.

Gimmick is such a misnomer for what our team does. A gimmick is a trick or device intended to attract attention. It implies it's for show rather than effectiveness.

Whatever else Heupel's offense is, it's highly effective. Not for show at all.

Even if it's true it wouldn't work in the NFL (I'm not entirely convinced) I still wouldn't describe it as a gimmick.

He was 24-25 in 3 seasons with no playoff appearances…. It’s not like he was winning big… he also sued the nfl…. Still got employed and is now the defensive coordinator for the Vikings…. Here is a good article on why black head coaches have not succeeded… Mike Tomlin keeps getting trotted out there by my Steelers and he hasn’t won a playoff game in years…. I am a fan of his but he needs to get it done soon.
https://theathletic.com/4071066/2023/01/15/black-nfl-head-coaches-hiring-firing/

He was 24-25 in 3 seasons with no playoff appearances…. It’s not like he was winning big… he also sued the nfl…. Still got employed and is now the defensive coordinator for the Vikings…. Here is a good article on why black head coaches have not succeeded… Mike Tomlin keeps getting trotted out there by my Steelers and he hasn’t won a playoff game in years…. I am a fan of his but he needs to get it done soon.
Why Black head coaches lost ground in NFL, and what teams should know when hiring

Brian Flores is 4th in winning % for the Dolphin among coaches with more than 1 season as HC though... 24 wins is 5th all time in franchise history for HC there and 11 of his 25 losses were in his first season.

To comment that Tomlin needs to get it done when he's 2nd all time in wins and 1st all time in winning % for the Steelers is crazy...

Reactions: drvenner
Whose shirt is this on here? I can think of a couple good guesses 😆
View attachment 546089
😂 Where can I get this for my husband???

He tried to get me to share with y’all yesterday his T-shirt that has a gun on the front saying “this is a tool” then on the back says “I am the weapon.” He thought y’all would appreciate that. Then he asked me if he could wear it to work today. Told him probably not a good idea.

I found a shirt for @InVOLuntary .

A13usaonutL._CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7C71cXsDY2CGL.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_AC_UX679_.png
😂 He needs this one too lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back