Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we're playing Arkansas this week....

GBO

200w.gif

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
They really should take Darnell Wright at 11 and achor down the RT spot for the next decade. Ride out Tannehill's contract and give Willis another year to develop before deciding to either give him the keys in 2024 or draft/trade for a top QB.

But I have no idea what this new GM will do
After reading this post I thought using Malik Willis as a measuring stick for some of the QBs that are being debated in this year's draft. For reference. Willis was drafted in the mid 3rd round by the Titans. Here are his college stats along with Hooker, Levis and Richardson.

Willis - 62.8% comp, 5176 yrds, 48 TDs and 29 rushing TDs
Hooker - 66.9% comp, 8974 yrds, 80 TDs and 25 rushing TDs
Levis - 64.9% comp, 5877 yrds, 46 TDs and 17 rushing TDs
Richardson - 54.7% comp, 3105 yrds, 24 TDs and 12 rushing TDs

With Willis going in the 3rd round how can you make a case for Levis or Richardson in round 1 or 2? At least with Hooker you can point to a significant jump in production over the other three QBs listed as a reason for higher draft positioning.

After reading this post I thought using Malik Willis as a measuring stick for some of the QBs that are being debated in this year's draft. For reference. Willis was drafted in the mid 3rd round by the Titans. Here are his college stats along with Hooker, Levis and Richardson.

Willis - 62.8% comp, 5176 yrds, 48 TDs and 29 rushing TDs
Hooker - 66.9% comp, 8974 yrds, 80 TDs and 25 rushing TDs
Levis - 64.9% comp, 5877 yrds, 46 TDs and 17 rushing TDs
Richardson - 54.7% comp, 3105 yrds, 24 TDs and 12 rushing TDs

With Willis going in the 3rd round how can you make a case for Levis or Richardson in round 1 or 2? At least with Hooker you can point to a significant jump in production over the other three QBs listed as a reason for higher draft positioning.

I don’t see it with Levis and Richardson either…. The problem is bc stats in college is so reliant on the situation the player is in…. Here is a couple of examples:

Josh Allen 5,066 yds 56.2% 44 TDs 21 ints 767 rush yds 12 TDs

Bryce Petty 8,195 yds 62.7% 62 TDs 10 ints 338 rush yds 21 TDs

Josh Allen was a first round pick and one of the best QBs in the nfl

Bryce Petty was a fourth round pick and horrible nfl qb that was gone from the league after 2 seasons.

Reactions: volinexile17
What’s it doing/not doing?

Has a low battery draw, we think it's the radio or something but not sure. So really the work that's needing to be done is someone to find the battery draw when it's off and sort that out.

There was also an electric fan put on that could be the problem...just not sure.

Last edited:
I'll fill you all in on why Levis and Richardson are getting love.

Levis = big white kid from "blue collar" America, don't look at his stats look at him in shorts and how he throws against air. Examples of previous QBs that have fit this mold: Josh Allen, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Daniel Jones

Richardson = the perfect specimen/athlete and he's a minority the fans will LOVE it. examples of previous QBs that have fit this mold: Cam Newton, Josh Johnson, Geno Smith, Marcus Mariota, JaMarcus Russell, Dennis Dixon, Justin Fields, Josh Freeman

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Has a low battery draw, we think it's the radio or something but not sure. So really the work that's needing to be done is someone to find the battery draw when it's off and sort that out.

There was also an electric fan put on that could be the problem...just not sure.
Have you took a multimeter to anything to test the draw to battery with it turned off? Have you checked anything with multimeter ( fuses etc) to test and see if anything is pulling while off?

Maybe it is just pre draft buzz. Once the real draft happens, it almost never goes the way of the pre draft narrative for such "prospects". They both may not be in top half of first round. I wouldn't touch either one until at least mid-late second.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

Sometimes a kill switch is easier to install than find electrical problems haha

I'll fill you all in on why Levis and Richardson are getting love.

Levis = big white kid from "blue collar" America, don't look at his stats look at him in shorts and how he throws against air. Examples of previous QBs that have fit this mold: Josh Allen, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Daniel Jones

Richardson = the perfect specimen/athlete and he's a minority the fans will LOVE it. examples of previous QBs that have fit this mold: Cam Newton, Josh Johnson, Geno Smith, Marcus Mariota, JaMarcus Russell, Dennis Dixon, Justin Fields, Josh Freeman
I'm sure the first thing on NFL owner sheets is 'Big White Kid From Blue Collar America.' 'Must draft 1st round.'

Have you took a multimeter to anything to test the draw to battery with it turned off? Have you checked anything with multimeter ( fuses etc) to test and see if anything is pulling while off?

I haven't personally, but my uncle had and this was the diagnostic he gave. The issue is he doesn't have the time to actually run it down and fix it.

She wants to just have a shop figure it out and get it fixed. So was mostly looking for recommendations for good wiring folks in the Knoxville/Oak Ridge/Maryville area.

I'm sure the first thing on NFL owner sheets is 'Big White Kid From Blue Collar America.' 'Must draft 1st round.'

I mean...most the NFL owners are really that bad. For Al Davis it was the 40 time, but all of them have their very ancient mindsets on what makes a good player and QB is the one position that's still kind of behind the times.

If Bryce Young was the size of either Levis or Richardson he'd be the clear #1 pick regardless. But he's "too small"

For Those Seriously Interested...................

September 9 is the UT/Peay game.

If anyone would like to play golf on Friday afternoon....let me know.
12 players (3 Tee Times)
If I get confirmations......I'll make a call and find us a great place to play.......

@me and I'll make a list..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back