Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone worse that covers college football than David Pollack he said Tennessee was a flash in the pan

David Pollack on Tennessee in 2023 | "Flash in th…:

Once again, just lazy reporting by Pollack.... "flash in the pan"!? We were 3-7 two years ago... we have a new coaching staff, lost a ton of starters to the portal when Gump and Co got fired, so it will take several years to build a talented, developed roster from recruiting... We need some portal help to level things out while the young guys develop... What a dip-ish... I will agree though that fair or unfair, this will be a big year for us/Heup to at least stay in that 8 win or better column to prove we aren't going anywhere but up...

Gameday salty this morning. Bilas and Greenberg complaining hard about the officiating. “Worst officiated basketball game I’ve ever seen.” Maybe they can go cry about it.
Worst how? They slowed Tennessee's physicality early with some borderline calls on Uros and the ball foul on Vescovi. The only major questionable call went in Duke's favor when they changed who the foul was called on to allow Roach to stay in the game. The charge on Nkamhoua could have gone either way IMO, but does not make it the worst officiated game. That's weak-sauce announcing. Tennessee earned the W. It's shoddy journalism to suggest otherwise.

Gameday salty this morning. Bilas and Greenberg complaining hard about the officiating. “Worst officiated basketball game I’ve ever seen.” Maybe they can go cry about it.
Bilas is a Duke alum. Played there and I think even coached under Coach K. He's always going to be a biased ass hole.

Okay, not trying to jump ahead…but who’s the best team for Tennessee to play if they make it to the Elite 8?

kentucky
Marquette
Michigan State
Kansas State

I want the team that we have an advantage against…being selfish, I know. Just want to see this team go as far as possible in this tournament…

Agree that Kentucky is a bad matchup for us this year. Marquette is playing their best ball right now. My choice would be Michigan State. Kansas State 2nd.

Stan Van Gundy? Former NBA coach who does NBA on TNT.

The interesting discussion was him questioning a charge call on Filipowski. The NBA and NCAA are calling it differently, and Dan Bonner was exactly right when he said, “that’s how it’s been called all year.”

And then…I got into a discussion with my 12 year old who didn’t know the difference between a charge/block. I responded, “that’s the problem. No one knows and can explain it.”
In college, if you lower that shoulder you are getting called for the charge more often than not because CBB still values defense...the NBA f'n sucks and doesn't want defense so it's a block more often than not.

TeNnEsSeE pLaYeD tO hArD…

ThE OfFiCiAtiNg Is MoViNg oN tO tHe SwEeT 16…

It WaS a FoOtBaLl GaMe..

WoRst OFfiCiAtInG cReW iVe EvEr SeEn..

Cry some more, ESPN.
It's such a lazy storyline. Uros trucked filipowski a few times and got called for it. The entire rest of the game wasn't really a football game, it was a normal basketball game except for an accidental elbow on a rebound. People are using 4 plays that were ultra physical and acting like the entire game was like that. It's like if one play caused someone to bleed the entire game must have been a bloodbath. It wasn't that way. It's just a lazy narrative.

Stan Van Gundy? Former NBA coach who does NBA on TNT.

The interesting discussion was him questioning a charge call on Filipowski. The NBA and NCAA are calling it differently, and Dan Bonner was exactly right when he said, “that’s how it’s been called all year.”

And then…I got into a discussion with my 12 year old who didn’t know the difference between a charge/block. I responded, “that’s the problem. No one knows and can explain it.”
Oh wow lol.

I don't remember him sounding like that. I swore it was some young guy talking, like a Pat McAfee.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Golden opportunity for sure.

The sucky downside is if we can't get past a team that either ousted Purdue or beat a streaking Memphis team, people will never let it go...while completely ignoring the Duke victory...the same folks that would be happier had we just "deservingly" lost to Duke. They will be insufferable.

Dear god please let us win Thursday 😅
You know those dumb 💩s are going to post dumb 💩 no matter when we lose.

I f'n despise them

We're Tennessee. People outside of the Tennessee family will always find something about us that they can and will harp on. If a team plays us as physical as we played Duke, these same people won't say a damn thing. In fact, they'd praise the officiating for "letting them play".

Until we get our deserved sensor and logic based referreeing systems...humans just aren't made for this.

I mean, the players make tons of mistakes. So do the coaches. And then the refs. But only the refs really...cannot...make said mistakes without ruining things for everyone. So find a better system. Just like driving cars, there is a better way. And whoever perfects the system will make BANK. The incentive is there. The technology, not quite there.
🦬💩...your machine worship sickens me...people will still be doing the programming...so..corruption will still happen.

I got an idea...why don't we hire and train better people and stop injecting corruption into it.

TeNnEsSeE pLaYeD tO hArD…

ThE OfFiCiAtiNg Is MoViNg oN tO tHe SwEeT 16…

It WaS a FoOtBaLl GaMe..

WoRst OFfiCiAtInG cReW iVe EvEr SeEn..

Cry some more, ESPN.
"ESPN doesn't hate Tennessee, you stupid guys are just paranoid"...

Ok dummies...keep them f'n blinders on...

The network guys yesterday were calling it a "Coaching and execution masterpiece"

I hate ESPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back