Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear, the Kevin Durant argument is so lazy. Even so called journalists don't do their research. His last 7 Texas teams were also seeds 11, 7, didn't qualify, 11, 4, 8, and 7. So, one team in that span was "projected" to make it to the second weekend, and that team lost by 1 point to Arizona.
That is why it is stupid 🐎💩. If you just look at the record it seems bad...but when you actually consider each game separately you find so much just pure bad luck and weirdness involved.

If you want to call Barnes a bad bet because he is "snakebit", then I totally agree with that, but he is not any different as a basketball coach in the postseason than he is in-season....he is the same coach.

I hope he wins big before he goes off into the sunset....no coach in basketball deserves some good fortune more than Rick Barnes.

That is why it is stupid 🐎💩. If you just look at the record it seems bad...but when you actually consider each game separately you find so much just pure bad luck and weirdness involved.

If you want to call Barnes a bad bet because he is "snakebit", then I totally agree with that, but he is not any different as a basketball coach in the postseason than he is in-season....he is the same coach.

I hope he wins big before he goes off into the sunset....no coach in basketball deserves some good fortune more than Rick Barnes.
Why did you switch to the 🐎 from the 🦬?

9rken.jpg
I coached it for 8 years. My kids loved it and I really enjoyed it once I understood the talent to play a sport with only your feet. Having a game end in a tie was always my biggest hang-up. Wish that would be changed.

Just some raw data. Ofc there could be some things skewing this, such as particular neutral matchups, but here it is.

Just looked at our relative win rate (by national ranking) home vs neutral and compared it to some of the most successful post-season teams recently, plus I threw in Arkansas because they were right beside us in home winning%. Fwiw this is more about relative movement of yourself. I'm not comparing our neutral ranking vs Kansas. Only that they held steady, as did many others, in their ranking in neutral site games. We dropped off quite a bit, not unsurprisingly. The question is why us?

Again...I freakin love Barnes, just serving this up for downtime discussion. Never coached bball, but obviously there's both a lot to be said about the psychology and shooting effects in an unfamiliar environment. All other things being equal, I'd guess those more used to playing in varied environments will gain an edge vs those that shoot on their home floor almost solely.

UT (since 2016 - Barnes)
Home 33rd
Neutral 61st

Baylor
Home - 26th
Neutral - 12th

Ark
Home - 32nd
Neutral - 35th

Nova
Home - 7th
Neutral - 3rd

Kansas -
Home - 2nd
Neutral - 5th

Fwiw Alabama is undefeated at home this year...only 2-2 in neutral site games 😅🤣😂

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNash17
I think we had a stud and may miss his presence more than anyone else that left this year.
A number of them. One reason I'm dampering extreme hopefulness and trying to keep realistic. We're talking a should-have-been Heisman, our first ever Biletnikoff, and a super stud anchor.

No doubt we'll develop more like them, but that is one hell of a haul to see leave.

It's more of an extreme appreciation for those guys than anything else.

A number of them. One reason I'm dampering extreme hopefulness and trying to keep realistic. We're talking a should-have-been Heisman, our first ever Biletnikoff, and a super stud anchor.

No doubt we'll develop more like them, but that is one hell of a haul to see leave.

I’m gonna stick with 9-3 but I have a hard time committing to which 9 and which 3. Think we’ll be solid though. 8-4 would still be keeping pace.

And another guy who, if healthy, could have given Hyatt a run for his money for that Biletnikoff

Ask yourself why TV keeps playing him and get back to me. As long as our coach plays him, I'm going to pull for him.
Because he makes no sense. He played really well in summer leagues over the course of his career. Plays well in practice and exhibitions.. but when the records matter, he seems to lose it.

Because he makes no sense. He played really well in summer leagues over the course of his career. Plays well in practice and exhibitions.. but when the records matter, he seems to lose it.
Are you saying we have nobody better? If we did, TV would pay them

they guy leads the team in strikeouts with 15 and bats .270 which is the worst on the team outside of Charlie Taylor. You just can't keep him in the lineup when there are other better bats that can do the same things as him in the outfield. With that being said i'm sure Vitello will keep adjusting lineups until the right one emerges, lots of baseball left.
Actual stats say that he does not have the 2nd worst batting avg on the team. See below, organized by batting avg 1st to worst. Also left the link below the screenshot if you want to look for yourself.
E98E3F31-054A-424C-9BAB-32FA182BB3EE.png
2023 Baseball Cumulative Statistics - University of Tennessee Athletics

I coached it for 8 years. My kids loved it and I really enjoyed it once I understood the talent to play a sport with only your feet. Having a game end in a tie was always my biggest hang-up. Wish that would be changed.
I played at a decent level for 15 years. Still don't enjoy watching it very much.

Reactions: ALStateLineVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back