Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
All big time college athletic programs live in glass houses in this regard. Could happen to Tennessee any time, as it has in the past. I wouldn’t throw stones. All schools have loose cannons on their athletic teams, basketball and football especially.
When a Tennessee player delivers a gun for a murder and continues to play, maybe we can discuss glass houses.

All big time college athletic programs live in glass houses in this regard. Could happen to Tennessee any time, as it has in the past. I wouldn’t throw stones. All schools have loose cannons on their athletic teams, basketball and football especially.
Do you even SEC bro?

Lost in all this is the likelihood that Miller had the gun on campus….whether in the dorm or his vehicle. That would have gotten any non-athlete suspended or expelled from school. Aside from all the other facts of this fiasco, Alabama leadership should have a lot of explaining to do. It’s a microcosm, but their win at all cost attitude is exactly why this country is in the shape that it is in.
Likelihood <> evidence. While possible, it has not been stated or proven.

That would be a school violation. The shooting didn't take place there, so you'd have to prove it was on campus at some other point.

Lots of circumstantial guesses being thrown the other way. At some point you need evidence and an actual legal argument. Then we can get going. Until then, what are we doing?

"Innocent until proven guilty"...part of why this country can be what it is, until people tear that down and replace it with random accusations, guesses, and mob mentalities. Would rather not live in a mob society though. Jmo

Reactions: SmokinBob
So, what am I missing? An Alabama football player did something that isn't against the law, that many of us have done several times (i.e. taken someone their gun). Even the DA has said it wasn't against the law and there's nothing to charge.

But because someone besides the Bama player made the decision after the fact to kill someone with the gun, Bama should sit the player and possibly burn him at the stake?

Is there more to this, or is it just irrational Bama hate that wants to see a young man's future forever ruined?

TN Supended TV with pressure from the NCAA. I wonder how much preasure the NCAA/SEC is putting on Alabama for playing an accessory to murder playing on their team?
Are we talking in la la made up land or reality?

Reality is he has neither been found guilty, nor even charged with such a thing...

What is the point in even discussing these things if we are just making things up? Maybe we could at least discuss this with actual evidence and the actual realities present at this time.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Are we talking in la la made up land or reality?

Reality is he has neither been found guilty, nor even charged with such a thing...

What is the point in even discussing these things if we are just making things up? Maybe we could at least discuss this with actual evidence and the actual realities present at this time.
The water you carry is simply amazing. Here are facts for you...

1. He was contacted by a friend to bring a gun for some sort of altercation.
2. He carried that gun to the scene of an argument, where no other firearms were reportedly found.
3. He gave the gun to someone who in turn shot two people killing one.
He also used his car to prevent the people from leaving.

You can make excuse after excuse if you want. Anyone else would have already been jailed and charged, let alone been suspended from their team. You go ahead and stand up for the guy. Says a lot imo.

You're so invested in defending your position you've compromised any moral standards. Kudos.

Edit: And by the way, your DA is a law school graduate of the University of Alabama.

So, what am I missing? An Alabama football player did something that isn't against the law, that many of us have done several times (i.e. taken someone their gun). Even the DA has said it wasn't against the law and there's nothing to charge.

But because someone besides the Bama player made the decision after the fact to kill someone with the gun, Bama should sit the player and possibly burn him at the stake?

Is there more to this, or is it just irrational Bama hate that wants to see a young man's future forever ruined?

You’ve taken a gun to someone in the middle of the night at a club where they’ve been drinking then blocked a road several times?

Totally normal and not suspicious behavior.

That sounds like the league association problem…. They shouldn’t use a ref that attended one of the two schools in the championship game…. If parents don’t calm down…. There will be no officials to ref the games.
It was in Dekalb county ALABAMA..so..🤷‍♂️

Whatever you say...dirty Refs and outright stupid/blind Refs and their little god complexes absolutely suck.

Last edited:

Any regular person would be charged with accessory to murder.

Police testimony is that Miles sent a text asking Miller to bring his gun (which was in Miller’s vehicle). Miller brought it and someone was shot and killed with it. This was like 1 am after people had been drinking. Miller is a basketball player not football. Obviously Miller thinks he is untouchable and thinks this is all a joke with the whole pregame patdown. Let’s get this straight, this isn’t just TN or Auburn fans mad bc it happens to be a bama player. There is outrage from outlets all over the country on how this has been handled.

Biggest takeaway imo:

Key is easily the lowest by both PER and BPM but has played the 4th most minutes this season. Not that he has a negative overall impact, but relative to others ahead of him, he does. Granted we need him to give SV/ZZ breathers, but outside of that it seems his minutes should be very limited.

Might even consider Mashack playing more at 2 with either Santi or ZZ opposite and with JJJ also in for a go-to guy.

Never been impressed by key…this stage is too big for him…I like Edwards in his spot since he can shoot supposedly

Reactions: almirUT
Likelihood <> evidence. While possible, it has not been stated or proven.

That would be a school violation. The shooting didn't take place there, so you'd have to prove it was on campus at some other point.

Lots of circumstantial guesses being thrown the other way. At some point you need evidence and an actual legal argument. Then we can get going. Until then, what are we doing?

"Innocent until proven guilty"...part of why this country can be what it is, until people tear that down and replace it with
random accusations, guesses, and mob mentalities. Would rather not live in a mob society though. Jmo

I chose the word ”likelihood” carefully. I know as well as anyone things have to be proven in legal matters.

Given Miller is from Antioch, TN, I am relatively certain he didn’t run home and retrieve the weapon. As Miller is a freshman and an athlete, one can assume he lives on campus in the athletic dorm. One doesn’t bring a weapon to Tuscaloosa and give it to someone off campus to hold for you. The “likelihood” is that the weapon was on campus.

You are correct that it is all circumstantial. The whole “likelihood” that University officials even conduct a competent investigation is slim to none.

Miller wasn’t disciplined for delivering the gun. Miller wasn’t disciplined for the pat down during the game introductions even though he came out, stopped, and raised his arms. The non-scholarship player who conducted the pat down was the one punished.

If the University gave a $#!+ about doing the right thing, Miller would be suspended or expelled. The University is not law enforcement or the legal system. They don’t have to prove a thing. They can use common sense and circumstantial ”guesses” and administer punishment as they deem fit.

Trotz coming back to Nashville as the Preds General Manager makes for a great story. Hopefully he can interject some change and a new coach. I wasn’t happy with the Lavi firing (did way more in his 5 years than any stretch in Preds history) and after hiring a guy in Hynes with a losing record only solidified that bad feeling. Hopefully Trotz hires someone good

I don't think the issue is the athlete, but the school. I don't care who the player is, but if UT ever sought to sweep accessory to murder under the rug, they should expect to have every window in the house shattered. We can't control what SAs do, but we can certainly control our response to it.

Police testimony is that Miles sent a text asking Miller to bring his gun (which was in Miller’s vehicle). Miller brought it and someone was shot and killed with it. This was like 1 am after people had been drinking. Miller is a basketball player not football. Obviously Miller thinks he is untouchable and thinks this is all a joke with the whole pregame patdown. Let’s get this straight, this isn’t just TN or Auburn fans mad bc it happens to be a bama player. There is outrage from outlets all over the country on how this has been handled.
Point taken. The pat down pregame was definitely tone deaf.

Did the friend text him, "Bring me my gun. I'm going to cap someone's ***!"? My brother left his gun in my car before. I got a call, "Hey! I left my pistol in your car. Can you bring it to me?"

The shooting after the fact seems beside the point unless the text said he was wanting it to commit a crime. I'm nervous if the law moves into the area that forces us to read people's minds and predict future actions/motives.

So again... Are we outraged and wanting a young man's future destroyed because we feel he did something wrong, or because he's a Bama basketball player and stupid sports rivalries cause enough irrational hate to want someone's future destroyed for things we'd be arguing in favor of our kids if our kids were in the same aituation?

Reactions: Devo182 and jave36
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back