Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alabama finally has finally found the level of athletic debauchery that the public will just not tolerate. Now they have to eat it. I hope that that the uproar continues to grow.
All big time college athletic programs live in glass houses in this regard. Could happen to Tennessee any time, as it has in the past. I wouldn’t throw stones. All schools have loose cannons on their athletic teams, basketball and football especially.

If someone came out and exposed it, people like you wouldn't believe it.

It amazes me how trusting people are. Our whole society is one big pile of corruption. From the very heights of our government (not a political statement, rep, dem, ind, all bought and paid for). Our financial system (insider trading). If there's huge money involved, there will be corruption. People trust the SEC as an unbiased organization that treats their members equally yet time and time again we see different levels of enforcement handed down. We've witnessed a completely orchestrated east and west division of teams, one strong team from each division that don't play each other in order to make it likely 2 teams from the same conference get in the cfp. Perhaps your one to believe that Alabama and Georgia have been totally within the rules.when it comes to recruiting? You'd be one of the few. Even the media burst out in laughter when Saban made the claim they don't pay players. All these years, never an investigation. You have Will Wade on tape admitting purchasing recruits and he coached for what, 2-3 more years, only being fired when he quit winning. And here we have Tony V serving a suspension because he made a phone call too early and a player sitting as well. There is extreme bias in the SEC and the NCAA, you just have to open your eyes to see it.

All it takes is one phone call to the person who manages officials and make a totally innocuous comment about how it would be nice if team A beat team B.

I'm extremely cynical about anything and everything where huge sums of money are involved. After the last 3 years I don't trust anything.
The ncaa/SEC didn’t suspend TV….. Tennessee suspended TV…. The conference splits have been similar since the early 90’s when Florida and Tennessee were the top two teams in the conference.

Reactions: VolNash17
The ncaa/SEC didn’t suspend TV….. Tennessee suspended TV…. The conference splits have been similar since the early 90’s when Florida and Tennessee were the top two teams in the conference.
TN Supended TV with pressure from the NCAA. I wonder how much preasure the NCAA/SEC is putting on Alabama for playing an accessory to murder playing on their team?

If you believe UT suspended Tony for any reason other than to head off the NCAA/SEC Nazis, then I need to get into business with you so I can embezzle my retirement properly. 😏

A ref who just happened to be a former student and graduated from Fyffe K-12 school called a 2 shot foul with .1 second left with Fyffe down 48-47 against my sons 8th grade Geraldine team in the Dekalb county championship game...I have an old hand held video of it that I have watched over and over...there is not a Geraldine player within 2 feet of him.

The kid made one of the free throws tying the game and sending it to overtime. The kid the ref called the foul on was our best player and it fouled him out of the game....subsequently they lost 58-56.

Dirty Refs deserve the crap they get...after watching our kids hurt so bad and then finding out later that the ref was a former Fyffe student and player in multiple sports...I wanted to beat his face in.
That sounds like the league association problem…. They shouldn’t use a ref that attended one of the two schools in the championship game…. If parents don’t calm down…. There will be no officials to ref the games.

Reactions: JacketVol
If you believe UT suspended Tony for any reason other than to head off the NCAA/SEC Nazis, then I need to get into business with you so I can embezzle my retirement properly. 😏
I think that’s why we choose to handle situations the way that we do….. many other schools take a different approach and it seems to work out just fine….. I’m trusting our approach so far.

All big time college athletic programs live in glass houses in this regard. Could happen to Tennessee any time, as it has in the past. I wouldn’t throw stones. All schools have loose cannons on their athletic teams, basketball and football especially.
Bama is definitely at the top of this list currently though. Tennessee has gotten there's for mashing a fly on the wall and seems to throw itself out there more than any school I know.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I am throwing some big assed stones. Those peckerheads have it coming.

TN Supended TV with pressure from the NCAA. I wonder how much preasure the NCAA/SEC is putting on Alabama for playing an accessory to murder playing on their team?
Tennessee handles our issues this way…. I have seen several programs tell the NCAA to shove it and prove what they can…. We choose to be proactive in this manner.

Reactions: Devo182
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back