Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEVEN seasons TOTAL as a college HC. took over two dumpster fires and won 10 (including a win against Penn State) in his third at Temple. Won 11 in his third at Baylor. His college teams play coached up on both offense and defense and win. Never heard him described as an offensive guru. Never heard that about Urban Meyer or Saban or Dabo Swinney either.
Pointing to his lack of experience in Power 5 football feels like it should be my line. That just further illustrates my point that the hype around the guy was formed out of thin air. I imagine when Kliff Kingsbury gets fired next year people will pretend he's way better in college than he has ever proven also.

There are a half dozen coaches out there more accomplished at the non-P5 level, and he had one good season in three tries at the P5 level.

I don't think he's a bad coach but I could easily name a bunch of coaches with a better college resume than he has.

These contracts are getting so bloated now. Mel Tucker felt like the first overreaction domino, and now you have Lane Kiffin and Mark Stoops approaching that number, too. I like Heupel a lot, but man, I hope we don’t overreact and give him $9 million until he’s won something. No football coach without a championship is worth Nick Saban money, it’s INSANE.

Eh with how much the tv money has increased the annual salary is all relative. What you can’t do is have these fully guaranteed salaries and crazy buyouts.

It’s honestly probably a better deal for the athletic department to overpay a coach if that lets them negotiate a lower buyout if he’s fired

Reactions: SmokinBob
Harrison Jr is a great WR, but he will win the biletnikoff award because he plays for OSU and plays against bad teams.
He'll win because the media members that vote on all the individual awards watch half, maybe less than half, of the college football that fans like us on this board do. They tune in for the big games and make their vote based on 1-2 games or moments.

That's not to say Harrison jr is undeserving, he's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back