Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed! Also, on a more fundamental level, I've been completely entertained this season - even the USC game had me entertained until Hooker hurt his ACL (I thought a comeback was possible up to that point).

In the end, this is about entertainment. If it's any more than that, you are doing this all wrong and you'll never be happy.
absolutely.

Reactions: OrangenSC
The committee reacted predictably. The Vols were going to be treated harshly for the way they played against an unranked SCAR team that nobody thinks is very good. It was a bad performance and a bad look, and that's too costly to overcome this time of year. The only thing UT can do now is beat Vandy, win the portal and finish with a strong bowl performance.

Yep, knew we'd drop at least 3 spots, and with who was behind us (and won their games) it's not too surprising. I don't think Oregon should have jumped us, but that's my only real complaint.

Still GA vs LSU in title game (LSU loses and you expect they'll drop behind us)
Ohio State vs Michigan (loser will stay ahead of us, but will drop outside top 4)
USC vs Oregon (Oregon falls behind us for sure if they lose, and a 2 loss USC may drop behind us as well)
Clemson vs UNC (if Clemson loses to UNC in their title game they'll drop behind us)

We have a real shot to finish the season in the top 5 if we take care of business against Vandy and get some help with teams losing ahead of us. I don't think a 3 loss LSU will get picked ahead of us for bowls either, so really the NY6 SEC bowls will be likely picking between Bama & UT.

Agreed! Also, on a more fundamental level, I've been completely entertained this season - even the USC game had me entertained until Hooker hurt his ACL (I thought a comeback was possible up to that point).

In the end, this is about entertainment. If it's any more than that, you are doing this all wrong and you'll never be happy.
Then I guess I'm doing it wrong.

When I drank, I always preferred alcohol to beer. But when I drank beer, I preferred Coors Light to Bud Light or Miller Lite.
I prefer alcohol to beer as well. Give me a Tennessee whiskey or Kentucky bourbon....... Or some good shine.

I know virtually no one will agree but I always preferred PBR domestic and Newcastle import.

I'll be 49 in just under a week. Nanny nanny boo boo.
y90zr.gif

The game at this point is a must win. You win this one and the narrative is you beat expectations but fell a little short of your potential. You lose this one and narrative completely flips and becomes they completely collapsed.

I agree it's a must-win for the program. Have to get up off the mat and fight. People are going to disagree on the narrative, but recruits need to see that UT is, and will remain, elite with strong leadership.

I agree
So weird how many successful head coaches & former head coaches are suddenly going viral because they got our name in their moufs...

Clout chasing at its finest, like who cares what Steve Spurrier has to say anyway? Guy is pushing 80 and hasn't done anything in college since 2015 when he got canned after starting 2-4.

I agree! It is weird and something I’ve not seen before either…it almost feels like we were being initiated back into the group of elite football programs, being number 1 for a time, media favorites seemingly, making a huge comeback on the biggest stage. And now we’re experiencing the hazing & humiliation stage😔 Seems like many other successful, championship programs have had at least ONE embarrassing, unforgivable loss at some point now that I think about it.

I'm ready for portal and recruiting action. Getting close.
I am very hopeful for this portal/recruiting season.

Must admit, I will be more mindful of your thoughts this year. I blew off a lot of worries last year, thinking the portal would have 2 or 3 main phases of talent. You were right last year to be worried once we got past the first phase.

Yeah. We should ignore the rest of the amazing season and forfeit the other wins too. How about we endorse Bama for the CFP so we can watch Saban win another ring. Then we can burn Neyland and the entire athletic department to the ground and sow salt on the ashes so nothing will ever try to rise from the ashes.
Fans mental state is fragile. It's sad. Saturday sucked and it hurt to watch it. But it was 1 game and the players and coaches have done WAY more great this season than bad. The inability to move on, emotionally, and realize what has been accomplished this season is sad. And if the players have that same fragile psyche as many of our fans then that is the only way we lose to Vandy.

I am very hopeful for this portal/recruiting season.

Must admit, I will be more mindful of your thoughts this year. I blew off a lot of worries last year, thinking the portal would have 2 or 3 main phases of talent. You were right last year to be worried once we got past the first phase.
I understand why we did what we did, and in the long run, it was for the best. Just get the punishment out of the way. But the main impact guys will enter the portal early so they can enroll for the Spring semester at their new school and go through Spring practice. It's the same logic that makes us love EEs. They get that extra development and work in the system.

Fans mental state is fragile. It's sad. Saturday sucked and it hurt to watch it. But it was 1 game and the players and coaches have done WAY more great this season than bad. The inability to move on, emotionally, and realize what has been accomplished this season is sad. And if the players have that same fragile psyche as many of our fans then that is the only way we lose to Vandy.
I hope they haven't put it behind them too far. I want them to be angry about being humiliated. I want them to unleash that anger on Vandy.

Exactly. What I hate is everyone overly fretting we're going to lose to Vandy. We're NOT going to lose to Vandy.

IDT we'll lose to Vandy, either. It might not be the game we'd love to see, but the Vols will be missing pieces and moving guys around. Making a statement would be ideal-- but just win without any more injuries.

IDT we'll lose to Vandy, either. It might not be the game we'd love to see, but the Vols will be missing pieces and moving guys around. Making a statement would be ideal-- but just win without any more injuries.
I think we may crush them. Just a gut feeling. But I could be wrong.

Reactions: KptVFL
The game at this point is a must win. You win this one and the narrative is you beat expectations but fell a little short of your potential. You lose this one and narrative completely flips and becomes they completely collapsed.
Yep. If you told me at the beginning of the year we would have a chance at a 10 win season I would laugh in your face.

It would be different had we lost to LSU or Bama, I hate losing to teams we should beat soundly. It's never good to drop a game you should win. Going this far to lose to uscjr should be a reminder of how good we really are. We can beat anyone on any given Saturday, but to be consistent we need better players. On D for sure. Saturday is a must win. It's simple, win the games you're supposed to.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back