Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would highly recommend listening to DM’s Big Orange show. He states talent is the issue on defense, especially speed, but also states coaching is also an issue (example of the number of times we have lost containment this season). Called out several players (5 and 2) which he typically doesn’t do. Also called out Brooks. Basically said rumors about Banks are true. Said it was a coaches decision and couldn’t go more in depth. Also calling out fans who say “we need to fire x coach”. A good listen.
So it’s talent and coaching? Thanks ha

Praying for HH's knee. A really good human being, worked his tail off to better this team. This fan base shouldnt forget how important Hendon was to the success we enjoyed, cause that's really it, we enjoy the emotional investment, we had.

Still havent gotten my HH Blck jersey, thought about cancelling.

These guys need our support now more than ever.

I sincerely doubt that an entire defensive team decided to throw the game. I think we tried to blitz, and, scheme and SC just had an old school approach. Spencer was not Rattlered at all.

I genuinely think that Beamer has mental issues. He is a douchenozzle in all respects. But they whipped our asses, hats off.

We have a lot to play for, and I'm very happy with that.

Reactions: Volfan39
Last night sucked.

Still a Vol. Still a better season than I predicted in Aug. Still think Heupel is the guy.

Agree. Possible 10-2 season with a NY Day bowl exceeded all expectations. Beating Bama and FLA on top of it and everybody on this board would have taken that in August and been happy.

Just demoralizing to lose to Beamer and that weird team with playoffs in our grasp.

Did anyone else find it a little odd it seemed like every time they showed Hooker on the sideline he was alone with a blank look on his face? I understand we only see what is shown so that’s probably not what was actually going on. But even late in the UGA game he was talking to guys and trying to fire people up
Well when your defense has allowed a TD on EVERY possession you start to lose hope. The UGA game, the defense fought them off and gave the O a chance.

How tf do you over look a team when the only game you have left is them and Vandy

24 point favorites and thinking about the playoff? Not saying they were gameplanning for someone else but they didn't think USC was remotely capable of doing what they did. Rattler has been trash all season.

Reactions: MarcoVol
He’s the root of all what? You think it’s Jeremy Banks’s fault we got boat raced by USCe?

I bet you won’t tell him f him and he’s not that sharp to his face. That makes you a pu**y.

I probably would actually. I say it how it is. Especially if I was on the team. Seems like someone else got in his face too if the rumors are true. Now he's on the bench... Probably for good reason.

Now, if you saw me, i know you wouldn't call me a pussy to my face. Smooches, little man

I think last night was just a perfect storm of bad circumstances all adding up. Somewhat similar to USC 2016, actually.

-Offense was slightly off (but did enough to win, barring Hooker's injury)

-Quite likely some truth to the Banks rumors, so our already bad defense may have been checked out or discombobulated

-Rattler played damn near perfect

-Refs were letting USC get away with a lot of holding and nailed us on some iffy penalties

-Gamecocks started red hot and had momentum for virtually the entire game, creating a hostile environment that our team wasn't expecting

-Coaches and players likely overlooked USC to a degree

Rattler playing perfect is probably the biggest factor, to be honest. Even with everything else going on, we still win that game if he's average and misses some throws. But he was Mahomes out there.

Rattler looked like what everyone thought Rattler had the potential to look like coming out of HS. Why it happened last night, idk. Defense obv plays a role. But that dude didn’t miss last night.

You can see with replay that it did buckle slightly, most likely due to the terrible turf conditions. Usually with that kind of injury, its the "terrible triad", which would be an ACL tear, MCL tear, and torn medial meniscus.

Hoping this is not the case though.
Had that injury, but my pcl decided to tear as well with the other 3. Would that be a "fearsome fourad"? lol

I probably would actually. I say it how it is. Especially if I was on the team. Seems like someone else got in his face too if the rumors are true. Now he's on the bench... Probably for good reason.

Now, if you saw me, i know you wouldn't call me a pussy to my face. Smooches, little man

And if it happened, a teammate should’ve gotten in his face. Absolutely.

Your 2nd part has multiple wrong assumptions.

Lastly, not sure why you’re tryna smooch me.

just absurd they couldn't get like 2 stops per half.

what a joke
Everyone saying rattler played so well makes me laugh. They ran the same damn combo to both sides and dinked and dunked us all night. We never once adjusted to it. That’s coaching malpractice and how inept Banks is at his job. I don’t want to hear talent is the issue. Shows me you have no idea what you’re talking about. We had enough talent to hold them to 30 or less and adjust our defense. If we had played man and brought the safeties up, we would have crushed them. For some reason Banks stayed high all damn game and in zone and it killed us. He never really changed.

He’s not a good coach. I want him in South Carolina as long as possible
They absolutely whipped our arses....... In every aspect of the game.

If he's not a good coach and this staff got out coached and out prepared by that staff then Huepel isn't who we thought he was. Both things can't be true.

24 point favorites and thinking about the playoff? Not saying they were gameplanning for someone else but they didn't think USC was remotely capable of doing what they did. Rattler has been trash all season.
You simply can’t allow that as a HC. It’d be a little different if our rivalry week was a different opponent. To preach about it being a one game season all year, one game at a time, worry about the game in front of us, ect. And then to overlook an opponent with the playoffs in front of you if you win is a problem

do what Lane did last yr and portal the hell out of defense.

i dont have any answers but damn so many of these guys are just unbearable to watch.

Banks is a joke too. I know we have talent issues but they cant even coach these guys to be in decent position. Half the time there's not a Vol DB visible in the TV screen when Carolina makes a catch. Horrible.

They absolutely whipped our arses....... In every aspect of the game.

If he's not a good coach and this staff got out coached and out prepared by that staff then Huepel isn't who we thought he was. Both things can't be true.

Yes, they can. Those aren’t mutually exclusive. You can’t make those assumptions off of one game. I guess Spurrier was bad since Butch Jones beat him? When you coach 30;40;50+ games, these things happen. You just hope it’s not for a playoff spot.

You simply can’t allow that as a HC. It’d be a little different if our rivalry week was a different opponent. To preach about it being a one game season all year, one game at a time, worry about the game in front of us, ect. And then to overlook an opponent with the playoffs in front of you if you win is a problem

I don't disagree. It's on Heupel if the team wasn't ready. I think that Heupel does perhaps have some issues with overconfidence at times leading to team complacency. It would actually be hard not to given how effective this offense typically is. He and Golesh believe they can put up 50 in every game, especially against average teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back