Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t wanna say anything but I agree. Keyton is playing great and I feel like he gave us another speedy deep threat that Tillman wasn’t.
“For us, and this program, this one needs to hurt on the way back. It needs to hurt for guys that aren’t on this trip, that will be in our building tomorrow afternoon and will be there on Monday. For us to grow as a program, you’ve got to look at this opportunity and understand what happened. Let it hurt. And remember that as you move forward. Let it help you grow.”

The consistent info seems to be not showing up for classes. ( Add in the more exciting rumors of punches and Nil fights.)

Like I said, Tony V didn't disclose why Evan Russell chose not to play. He said he would be out indefinitely. So many rumors cropped up about how he quit the team, jealousy blah blah blah. What happened was talking heads on TV constantly harped on how he couldn't throw anyone out. Although he was tops in homeruns, he was prone to depression. Tony wasn't giving out personal info. The end.

In other words.. Huge grain of salt.

Can someone please summarize what the "rumor" is? Banks did not play because he got into an altercation with other player(s) over NIL and his buddy on the defense laid down because of it? Is that it?

Reactions: VolInDayton
We are fortunate we played UGA when we did instead of earlier. And that Drinkwitz didn’t really learn much from that game.

Reactions: Vols4us
I hope this is true! Truly felt the refs last night were controlling the narrative. We played BAD, but the refs performed equally as bad imo.

This is a sports meme from the NBA Finals years ago

screen-shot-2016-06-16-at-8-51-04-pm.jpg

This is the new challenge of coaching, managing players expectations as to NIL dollars. You've got a team full of players that will be full of envy over other players getting more money. Jealousy will be a constant. It will fracture teams. It will ruin chemistry. This was predicted when NIL was announced. It's coming to fruition.
Completely agree. NFL addresses it with a salary cap. No NIL cap means a complete free for all as witnessed by aTm. Will be interesting if their situation becomes the rule or exception

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I truly mean this:

Play Keyton over tillman
Play Wright and Sampson over Small

Our offense is worse when those two players play for some reason.

Before I get out of here for church, I wanted to comment on this. I agree 100%, plus add a few more players.

The personnel choices are embarrassingly dumb sometimes. Everybody should know by now that the best DT combo is Big O and Terry. Last night they made two big plays back to back, and then were rewarded by being subbed out of the game on third down. Got the next series off as well. USCe made huge gains when they were out of the game all night.

Everybody should know by now that Mitchell is one of the worst LBs to ever wear our uni. So if Banks is out at least play Herring with Beasley. He's the starter, or should be, for Banks next season. A little common sense would help.

McDonald was the only D-back that came anywhere near handling his position last night. So there's a starter going forward. Flowers handles the alignments in the coverages, so there's #2. Move on from the other incompetents at corner and nickel. Play walk-ons if you need to.

Also - the trail technique for D-backs has never worked at Tennessee. So don't hire coaches that teach it unless you recruit players who can do it well. Which they obviously don't. Along with calling zone coverages, which they also have handled awful all season.

Don't hire coaches who cannot recruit and develop players on D to line up correctly or who do not attack the ball. It's on their tape from HS, juco, college transfers, etc.

Can someone please summarize what the "rumor" is? Banks did not play because he got into an altercation with other player(s) over NIL and his buddy on the defense laid down because of it? Is that it?

That sounds completely ridiculous. Anyone who buys a conspiracy theory that players threw a game Is an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back