Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I appreciate about Milton is that when the play breaks down and the pocket starts collapsing, he doesn’t check it down to a running back for a 2-yard gain - he typically heaves a 70-yard Hail Mary. Gonna be fascinating to see him give it a go against the worst pass defense in the SEC.

Hoping for the best for Hooker though - how awful that he got hurt

Speaking of rumors--reading my memories on Facebook this morning-- We had fired Dooley, in 2012 we had landed the "big fish" according to insiders. I guess maybe they were right, Butch Jones was a big stinking fish.

Oh yeah. Dude had a good sales pitch initially and could recruit but ultimately his game management and cost him all of his credibility. Maybe he really can develop brick masons at a high level though.

Reactions: JCP201
The thing I appreciate about Milton is that when the play breaks down and the pocket starts collapsing, he check it down to a running back for a 2-yard gain - he typically heaves a 70-yard Hail Mary. Gonna be fascinating to see him give it a go against the worst pass defense in the SEC.

SC should be fined for that field condition

This will be my last somewhat negative post.

For Heupel to truly break the post-Fulmer curse, he has to keep everything from falling apart. Games like yesterday caused everything to unravel for Dooley, Butch and Pruitt.

Will be very interesting to see where we go from here.

That is all
Man up. Woman up. Some of you having your pity party and asking for coaches to be fired after a loss. If this is your coping mechanism, so be it. Just know your post is another “like” on someone else’s fan board.
I personally feel terrible about Hendon. Love that man, that warrior, that VFL! Seeing him walk off like that is what woke me up at 4:45, not the loss. Be careful who you say quit. Maybe it’s you that quit. I’ll be screaming my head off for the team next Saturday.
True character is showed when people are in their lowest moments. You think you feel bad? Poor you! There are players and coaches that this absolutely demoralizes. Is fans need to pick them up and not tear them apart.
I do not feel as bad as Hendon. Can’t imagine how he is, but I know where his faith is. Be right here next week telling vandy to suck it. After watching that defensive coordination I can no longer support it. Took a night off with big dreams on the line.

I can think of 1 guy half way deserving of nil $ and it ain't Banks. He should be happy he's still at UT given his past. Hope they get it together, Vandy is capable of putting up pts vs our slaw defense.

Reactions: csprig9
I believe next weekend just became the biggest game for Heupel in his tenure here. You lose that game and I honestly believe you have a remake of Butch here. I know it sucks to say that but it’s the truth whether you believe it or not. We all remember when Dooley and Butch lost the last games of the season. Deep down we knew they were done for. It absolutely can’t happen next weekend with Heupel.

I'm gonna wait to make judgment on Banks and the player's til we know more. Really not fair to any of the player's to make snap judgements on them based on internet rumours, imo. Terrible vibe to give if the rumours are completely wrong or overblown.
I like the Clemson scenario. We just need more pieces (Defense) Hype gave impression that Banks would probably be back next week. If everyone is punching each other, I doubt that would be true. He was bound for NFL and had calmed down from what I'd seen on the field. I recall when our catcher didn't show for baseball game last year-- all kinds of rumors after Tony V wouldn't disclose what happened. He was suffering depression. So, I take all this with a massive grain of salt.

Last edited:
The thing I appreciate about Milton is that when the play breaks down and the pocket starts collapsing, he doesn’t check it down to a running back for a 2-yard gain - he typically heaves a 70-yard Hail Mary. Gonna be fascinating to see him give it a go against the worst pass defense in the SEC.

That deep throw…. The db couldn’t believe he threw it that far lol

Given the effort of the defense last night, it's hard to believe any of them feel worse than I do. They didn't seem to care at all.
I’d venture to say this loss is affecting most on this board more than the players. And that’s not to be a knock on the players. It’s like that everywhere.

I like the Clemson scenario. We just need more pieces (Defense) Hype gave impression that Banks would probably be back next week. If everyone is punching each other, I doubt that would be true. He was bound for NFL and had calmed down from what I'd seen on the field. I recall when our catcher didn't show for baseball game last year-- all kinds of rumors after Tony V wouldn't disclose what happened. He was suffering depression. So, I take all this with a massive grain of salt.
I’d be right there with you if Heupel didn’t make the comment he did after the game about how “it needs to hurt for guys that aren’t on this trip.” Sounds like a direct shot at Banks.

We gotta stop extending and giving HCs raises so soon. He didn't win the east or make the playoffs. That should be the bar. Just another taxslayer bowl appearance shouldn't get him squat.

No, no, no. We don’t need to make this job look even harder than it already does. He beat Bama and Florida in year 2 and got us to #1. He deserves a raise and more backing.

We know from years of trying that doing that well in Year 2 is the exception, not the norm.

I still maintain Tennessee needs stability above all else.

Man up. Woman up. Some of you having your pity party and asking for coaches to be fired after a loss. If this is your coping mechanism, so be it. Just know your post is another “like” on someone else’s fan board.
I personally feel terrible about Hendon. Love that man, that warrior, that VFL! Seeing him walk off like that is what woke me up at 4:45, not the loss. Be careful who you say quit. Maybe it’s you that quit. I’ll be screaming my head off for the team next Saturday.
True character is showed when people are in their lowest moments. You think you feel bad? Poor you! There are players and coaches that this absolutely demoralizes. Is fans need to pick them up and not tear them apart.
We gave up 63 points to one of the worst offenses in college football. If getting the s*** beat out of you and then saying that’s fine and keep going on about life until the next a** kicking is ok with you then so be it. I for one get my a** kicked and I’m becoming a better fighter so I can kick their a**. I guess I’m different, but losing and being bad at something is not acceptable to me in life.

Well, the offense played well enough to win and Ced scored two TDs, so…
Not really. Had like 380 yards of offense in the middle of the 4th quarter. Pretty bad against a not very good Carolina defense. Tillman was also targeted 18 times. Why? He's hurt and is not nearly as good now as he was pre-injury. Chemistry with the offense is thrown off by his presence now. The Hyatt, McCoy, keyton lineup is objectively better

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back