Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't over. This whole season will mean nothing if we lose to Vandy. We can still make a good bowl game of we win out. If we lose this class could come apart and or will be the beginning of the end.
The season means a whole lot less after tonight and the horrible performance and effort we saw… half the recruits only commit for nil now anyway look at Miami and Florida classes

Jeremy Banks is the best player on Tennessees defense. Not having him tonight hurt the defense more than you can imagine.

He is the main one calling the checks at the LOS. Beasley has developed into a good LB but he is not close to Banks level. If Vanks is on the field Tennessee wins.

All the more frustrating if the reason he wasn’t is something he can control.

Was in the building for the debacle. It’s not why we lost, but that field was terrible. I think it is the reason for most of the injuries.

Early in the game, some of the passes they were hitting were just damn good throws that were defended pretty well.

It was my first time in WB, and at first I thought the atmosphere was pretty good. But sandstorm gets old pretty quick and the piped in noise is a joke.

Had a few SC fans that were jerks, and one guy in particular right behind me was pretty aggressive. To their credit, though, a couple of other fans intervened.

This one hurts and is mind blowing how that can happen. But assuming we win next week, a 10-2 season given our preseason expectations is phenomenal.

Go Vols!

As all of you, I hope the rumor about Banks is untrue. I've followed the Vols for 45 years and I believe they thought they could just show up and win tonight. Not having Banks out there was so devastating for the defense, but there isn't one DB out there that should be playing on this team. There the worst unit I've ever seen in all my years of watching football.

I mean there are still selfish dude’s on this team. Tyler Baron was in the portal last year and the rumor then was he wanted more NIL money.

The smart guys have to realize NIL is just available, but ya gotta hustle on your own to get it. The real money is getting to the NFL.
If true (a big if), baron and banks wanting to make bank through NIL is more laughable than our defensive performance tonight

I believe thats what i heard Hubbs say on the radio
I read that here and I heard for myself AP saying "may be an elbow," which makes no sense. But if you listen to Heup's post game (I just heard it) he said this one needs to hurt and it needs to hurt for the people who didn't make the trip. That's not a thing to say about someone sick. And an injured player usuallly makes the trip in street clothes.

Last edited:
There have been defensive issues all year, but when it came down to it, our coaches made adjustments and put our players in a position to win. We've played well above our potential based on pure talent and depth. This game wasn't about talent. There were bad coaching adjustments, but that's not the part that I'm most angry about. It was the lazy attitude of much of the defense the entire game.

The result tonight was a defense that quit. It was clear from the first drive of the first quarter. Players had angles on tackles and would miss or give up on the play. The defensive speed we've played with this year was largely missing as we seemed to be playing in slow motion. It's frustrating to see players jogging around at less than 100% while a play is still happening, and there was a lot of that tonight through the entire game. If there are players who don't want to give their all out on the field, we can give opportunities to the players behind them on the depth chart.

Watching this game, before I had read about the J Banks rumors, it looked like there was some kind of team drama/issues on defense. We played a bad game at Georgia, but I never felt like the team quit. We had quitters on the team out on the field tonight. Ultimately, it comes back on the coaching staff who are getting paid to lead the program, and if the team plays bad, lazy, and uninspired ball, that comes back on the coaches. Hoping we can stop this early and bounce back. This next game against Vandy is going to be important in seeing which direction this team and staff decide to take.

So they adjusted and Tn still leaving WRs wide open. You think Tn beats LSU right now?
Before this week, what would your answer have been of SC’s chances? Any given Saturday. We beat BAMA afterwards. Were our DB’s shutdown back then?

Did anyone else find it a little odd it seemed like every time they showed Hooker on the sideline he was alone with a blank look on his face? I understand we only see what is shown so that’s probably not what was actually going on. But even late in the UGA game he was talking to guys and trying to fire people up
He’s been weird ever since he’s started talking sh*t on social media after the Georgia L. That game blew up our whole program how soft is this team damn.

Keep saying it, but this was such a weird game. GA State, Charlotte, SC State all gave up less points and put up a better fight on defense to these guys. Something deeper just has to be going on. This feels like we are back in 16, 17. We have to drum vandy and put this behind us, can’t let this negative energy back in our program after such a good season with all the momentum we’ve built.

Keep saying it, but this was such a weird game. GA State, Charlotte, SC State all gave up less points and put up a better fight on defense to these guys. Something deeper just has to be going on. This feels like we are back in 16, 17. We have to drum vandy and put this behind us, can’t let this negative energy back in our program after such a good season with all the momentum we’ve built.

We're good brother. Just a bad game. BVS setting in.

For over 20 years, i didn't think it was possible...

Teddy Gaines held the spot of my most-frustrating, pull-my-hair-out, get-that-fcker-off-the-field, he-******-sucks DB for over 20 years; and, I was beginning to wonder if anyone would ever take that spot from him.

Then, along came Trevon Flowers and Jaylen McCollough. I respect them and what they've went through and endured as Vols. I'll never take that away from them. However, they are 2 of the worst Safety's I've ever seen.

BUT!!!!!!

THEN!!!!!

Along came Kamal Hadden!!!! In one single game, I NEVER!!! want to see that bum, chump, jerkoff, suckass, clown in Orange again, much less on the field. He is the absolute EPITOME of garbage. Go run your mouth in D3, fckstick; or, better yet, at the house.

Willie Martinez, you're hanging from a thread, anyway, chump...if you let that d-bag Haddon ANYWHERE near the locker room, much less the field, your pink slip should be shoved up your 🤬, bum!!!

Last edited:
With that being said...

Our D has been an absolute disaster waiting to happen ALL YEAR...tonight, the levee broke. I'd almost rather lose to Kiffin or Butch or Pruitt, than that bozo, Karl Childers. Completely embarrassing. I believe Heupel has to take a loooooong look at his D. Yes, we need WAAAAAAAY better personnel, some absolute dogs; but, tonight's performance sometimes gets people fired, that's how bad THAT was.

Still A LOT to play for. The Sugar Bowl is NOTHING to scoff at.

Hope 5 is ok...it didn't look good. Get well soon, kid.

Last edited:
Banks ain’t it. We need more talent on that side of the ball, but the talent isn’t so bad that you give up 63 ****ing points to a team that’s bottom of the conference in offense. I’ve praised the bend but not break style of the defense this year but eventually, it breaks. And tonight it not only broke but it shattered. Banks had no answer. None. Can’t believe we lost to Shane ****ing Beamer like that. Embarrassing

I think over reactions are bad and stability is important…. If Heup feels someone is not getting the job done then I am ok with him making a move… it all depends on how he feels about the talent they have available.
Im on the warpath tonight, as well, beast...wanting to see rolling heads. However, I'm trying to keep it in check and remember, we have TERRIBLE personnel in the backend.

However, however...im ready to see the Gatorade maker and Davey Crockett in the secondary before these guys they keep trotting out there...experience, trust, be damned.

I've been sitting here thinking and I can not help but come to the conclusion that several defensive players basically threw the game.

You tell me that in two freaking years of games with this team that as weak as the defense has often been...that SC garbage offense was the one to put those numbers up...and there is nothing fishy about it?...I call 🦬💩...🦬💩...🦬💩

Those guys...if they can be identified...should immediately be kicked off of the team.

If the crap about Jeremy Banks is true...then I will hate his guts for this betrayal for a looong time.

There is just no way this happened without several guys playing badly on purpose.

I know it sounds preposterous...but there it is. My son texted me and he was in utter shock..he said there is no way that game was on the up and up.

Well...Imma log back out now...I hope that I am more wrong than I have ever been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back