Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!

Just a couple of snippets

A week after getting their remaining teeth kicked in by Georgia in Athens, Heupel decided the Vols needed some style points vs. Mizzou, .... .

, Heupel could not help himself, going full-blown Chip Kelly at Oregon vs. Mizzou here....

Practice star hero Joe Milton III uncorked a 58-yard bomb to Squirrel White with under two minutes remaining.

I watched the Oregon game. Did TCU look like they were the reason Texas was so bad on offense, or was Texas just that bad?
Texas was bad. Real bad. 5 or 6 outright drops by wr's. And When wr's weren't dropping passes Ewers couldn't get it to them.

TCU stopped the run and held their stud running back in check.

Butt there were plays to be made in the passing game they literally dropped the ball on.

Texas's defense held up well for most of the game but they got no help and wore down late.

Ugly ball game, offensively for Texas.

Last edited:
That seems right. But I just checked and they were 11-0 and lost the Big XII championship game to 11-3 Texas A&M that somehow played 14 games in ‘98 🧐
We would have missed playing for the title if K-State didn't lose to A&M. Maybe they will help us play for the title again this year.

Texas was bad. Real bad. 5 or 6 outright drops by wr's. And When wr's weren't dropping passes Ewers couldn't get it to them.

TCU stopped the run and held their stuff running back in check.

Butt there were plays to be made in the passing game they literally dropped the ball on.

Texas's defense held up well for most of the game but they got no help and wore down late.

Ugly ball game, offensively for Texas.
I think Texas wins if Ewers wasn't so bad. He was missing everything and then the drops. I mean Texas' defense was giving it to TCU. I swear TCU had like four 4th and 20's to start the game.

If he did...then that took massive balls..."You are an NFL WR....but we don't really need you, so why don't you just take it easy.."
He hurt that ankle again last week. Probably trying to make sure he's healthy for the post season... And this very important off season which will include the combine and NFL days.

I think CJH is doing him a solid.

I think Texas wins if Ewers wasn't so bad. He was missing everything and then the drops. I mean Texas' defense was giving it to TCU. I swear TCU had like four 4th and 20's to start the game.
Agreed. He has been pretty money when not injured until this debacle. Tonight was awful as I was more worried about the Oregon game and thought Texas would easily beat TCU. VOLS still in good shape for playoff birth. 😁. I am now a big Baylor and Iowa St fan and will be glued to Big 12 Championship Game… 🫣

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back