Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
UT was always going to be conservative with Tillman. Even when players are announced as "available," coaches may take the long view and decide not to play them. Tillman really shouldn't affect the LSU outcome. Need the D to have a good game, the secondary to hold up and HH to get rolling early.
Is Dee Williams going to actually play, because we need some help at that position?

People are not even realizing that the defense forced 6 fourth downs....normally that is a punt or FG attempt and ergo...much less yardage. Napier went full retarded football and he got extremely lucky...period, and it skewed the stats.

I've watched it several times now, and yes there were busts, but there were also a lot of great plays...imo the defense did not play near as badly as the stats indicate.
And they stuffed them several times. I agree-- that is not something people are looking at as closely as they should.

Magic Roundabout in the UK. Can't really explain it cause they drive on the wrong side of the road. Crazy Brits.

I've designed a few roundabouts in my time however. It's the superior intersection design over stop signs and signals. Far safer too. America needs to embrace them like Europe.
Building them all over North Georgia and they were in Portland when I lived there. Some are embracing them.

People are not even realizing that the defense forced 6 fourth downs....normally that is a punt or FG attempt and ergo...much less yardage. Napier went full retarded football and he got extremely lucky...period, and it skewed the stats.

I've watched it several times now, and yes there were busts, but there were also a lot of great plays...imo the defense did not play near as badly as the stats indicate.

This. What he said.

Where are y’all from?!? It’s Coke. Just coke, regardless of whether it’s Pepsi, or Sprite, or Mountain Dew, or Mellow Yellow…it’s Coke.
I'm as southern as can be. Coke is coca cola. No self respecting southerner would call Pepsi a "coke." You don't disrespect coca cola by calling other sodas by its name and you definitely don't risk being served a Pepsi because you were using ambiguous language.

No the defense sucks and Banks doesn't know how to defend a 4th down. Fhar em Paul!

I'm as southern as can be. Coke is coca cola. No self respecting southerner would call Pepsi a "coke." You don't disrespect coca cola by calling other sodas by its name and you definitely don't risk being served a Pepsi because you were using ambiguous language.
Funny, when I was growing up here in mid. TN we called Coca Cola co-cola lol. If I'm ordering thru a drive thru or in a place sitting down I would always say give me a Coke, pepsi, sprite or whatever.

That's weird ngl haha.

Why not just call it what it is? Coke is a brand (well, coca-cola, which is what I ask for at restaurants...specifically a "coca-cola classic" because I don't do that mexican coca-cola or diet aspartame crap)

And if at a friend's house, I just ask "y'all got grape drink?!"
Here's a better example:
Do you call it a Drink machine? Soda machine? Coke machine?

That device could have a giant Pepsi logo and only have water in it, I'd say, "I'm going to get a drink from the coke machine."

At a restaurant: "Can I get y'all something to drink?" "Yes, what cokes do you have?" "We have Sprite, Dr. Pepper, Root Beer, and Cheerwine." "Hmm, I'll have the Dr. Pepper!"

I’ll start off by admitting I’m a old person (STFU @Weezer, @InVOLuntary , @drvenner , etc to whom I missed). I recently got the IPhone 13 and can’t post gifs. Never had that problem with my 8. Can any of you help a frail older woman? TIA. There’s a lot of Kiss my a$$ gifs I need to post to the above. It’s for the good of all us.

No self respecting southerner would drink Pepsi in the first place, but I used that example for illustrative purposes.

I think, if you poll the brethren, you’ll find the majority of southerners call all soft drinks cokes.

Funny, when I was growing up here in mid. TN we called Coca Cola co-cola lol. If I'm ordering thru a drive thru or in a place sitting down I would always say give me a Coke, pepsi, sprite or whatever.
Ya, I never knew anyone in Tennessee who called everything coke, only discovered those people later in life

Reactions: Jack Burton
Well boys and gals I made it to ten years of marriage today! Hope everyone is doing well on this hump day!

It's good to feel that nervous excitement for game day again. Too many recent years I'd watch but wouldn't let myself get too excited because I was expecting a let down.

Go Vols!

How appropriate that your anniversary falls on hump day!! Congrats on the impending sex!

Here's a better example:

That device could have a giant Pepsi logo and only have water in it, I'd say, "I'm going to get a drink from the coke machine."

At a restaurant: "Can I get y'all something to drink?" "Yes, what cokes do you have?" "We have Sprite, Dr. Pepper, Root Beer, and Cheerwine." "Hmm, I'll have the Dr. Pepper!"
Ahh gotcha. I just call em drink machines.

I'd also ask "do you have anything to drink" to ask if they had more than water. Often hoping for lemonade or oj so I didn't usually narrow it down. Even milk would be fine sometimes. All of this as a kid. Now "drink" just means..."drank"

Reactions: SoilVol
Here's a better example:

100%

No self respecting southerner would drink Pepsi in the first place, but I used that example for illustrative purposes.

I think, if you poll the brethren, you’ll find the majority of southerners call all soft drinks cokes.
Isn't coca cola made in....GEORGIA?!

Fwiw our Pepsi is bottled here locally. Doesn't have all that dog stink all over it.

Growing up I always thought "a true southerner" drinks RC Cola. RC Cola and moonpies.

This seems appropriate for you…

View attachment 497097
CanineBlissfulFalcon-max-1mb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back