Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point in the rebuild, give me 2008 Bama's schedule. They played precisely one "good" team that year during the regular season and it was a signature 10-3 Mark Richt UGA team. Their next best opponent was a 9-4 Ole Miss team.

Personally I’d rather have exciting games in prime time against legit teams. I like the fact we’re only in Y2 and exceeding expectations. It’s fun witnessing the rise.

I hate that LSU barely squeaked by a bad Auburn team but we need to play our very best to beat them. I don't doubt that's correct, and LSU will probably play their best game of the season against us.

But man, it'd be nice to play a completely lethargic and uninterested LSU on the road and just wallop them. But nah, we get the hungry LSU that's figuring out that hey, maybe they're pretty good and can actually win games this season and oh, here's a top 10 opponent at home we can beat that will further propel us back into relevancy.
I think you and I both know that if Auburn had beaten LSU we’d be worried about playing a “backs against the wall” team.

It’ll work itself out.

Bend but don’t break defense …. 🤮 I want us to be like we were at Pitt…. Balls to the wall on defense…. It is awesome our red zone defense has been so well.

Lol I get it. Bend but don’t break defenses are stressful. At the end of the day whatever helps us win games is what we need.

In the Pittsburgh game….. Slovis had 7 total possessions…. We held them to 5 positive defensive possessions where they kicked a field goal(1) or we got the ball back…. They only had two td possessions out of 7 in the first half…. One of them a 1 play 76 yd run.

Florida only had 10 possessions the entire game including the Hail Mary pass…. We had 5 positive possessions and 5 negative possessions including the last second pass…. We let them play their game…. If our offense was as efficient at Pitt as it was against Florida then we win by 30 points or more.
None of that addresses the argument. If you think that our secondary is good or has played well this season I'll leave you to that opinion.

Personally I’d rather have exciting games in prime time against legit teams. I like the fact we’re only in Y2 and exceeding expectations. It’s fun witnessing the rise.

Nothing wrong with that viewpoint, but I think that a lot of programs who "leveled up" under new coaches were often helped by fortunate seasons, especially early in their rebuilds. We've got enough adversity coming our way with Bama and UGA on deck.

Both turnovers were a result of what? One was a strip sack by Baron. The other was an overthrow because he was being pressured. Yep, our front played great in that game.
My point was slovis playing in the second half doesn’t guarantee he was going to throw for another 200+ yards. I think we probably win by more if Slovis stays in - Pitt wasn’t letting their backup sit back and throw the ball around, which really negated our pass rush.

But you won 68 games during that stretch! Braves won 73. You “collapsed” because the Braves crawled over you. Only the Dodgers have bested these two teams.
You’re still missing 6 games there for the Braves to win the division by 1. That’s a collapse lol

None of that addresses the argument. If you think that our secondary is good or has played well this season I'll leave you to that opinion.
I don’t think our secondary is good…. We need talent and have a great recruiting class coming into help with that…. The game against Pitt is how our defense needs to look…. That’s only point…. Yardage doesn’t matter… don’t want the two long TDs though.

I kinda wonder if LSU will be as agressive on 4th down as Florida was. If UF punts the ball we roll those dudes.

I would expect our defensive gameplan will be very similar. Stop the run. Make Daniels prove he can beat us through the air. Hope he throws a couple to us and we can swing the game and pour it on.

I'm feeling good about it. LSU has their work cut out for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back