Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be the outlier here. I thought it was the best crew we have had, let both teams play. They could have called holds on both teams multiple times and unsportsmanlike penalties. Refs are always going to miss calls, but I didn’t see anything egregious tonight.

I’m glad they let them play also, but we had a clear TD that they didn’t even want to review and then didn’t overturn even when they did review. Garbage holding call to take away another TD. Two blatant horse collar tackles in row that were missed. Missed a blatant hold on UF on the play where Hadden (or somebody) tackled the WR downfield, which should have been offsetting — and by the way should have been intentional grounding on the play right before that.

In short, I did think they did a good job letting them play a little and get a little chippy in a rivalry game, but still did the job Birmingham sent them to do.

Last edited:
LSU is going to be tough, Daniels is a very good runner. The defensive gameplan will look similar to todays. We are gonna have to outscore them
Just like we should’ve done yesterday, there needs to be a spy on Daniels every single play. I don’t think we spied AR at all, which made zero sense to me. However, just go to Baton Rouge and win anyway possible!

How many intentional groundings should have been called yesterday? AR would get touched and just throw it anywhere. Lol

There was one throwaway where we had 2 guys draped on him for a second. I asked my friends how that was different than the Corral forward progress call last year.

Just like we should’ve done yesterday, there needs to be a spy on Daniels every single play. I don’t think we spied AR at all, which made zero sense to me. However, just go to Baton Rouge and win anyway possible!

They rolled him out a lot. I didn’t play football but spies usually play the middle of the field. It was better game-planning by them. My one complaint is that our outside guys missed him on a few tackles and let him get outside as opposed to containing him in the middle where a throw would have been more difficult.

There are many factors that led to Florida's offensive explosion yesterday:
- We play that really soft zone that leaves lot of holes in the defense (This is definitely something I am concerned about)
- Tennessee's secondary is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
- We were inconsistent at rushing the passer which does not help the first two points

Tennessee's defense is at its best when they bring pressure. Honestly, they produce their best product when rushing 6 people and dropping 5. Sure, it might leave some open spaces in the field, but our defensive zone has huge holes in it when dropping 4 anyway. We might as well try to get some pressure on the quarterback.

I love the young talent we have at linebacker and edge on this defense. Joshua Josephs played some massive snaps yesterday and NEARLY had a sack in the end zone. I think we just need to flip the roster in the secondary.

Also, Heupel and Banks are young coaches so I think they will continue to learn and grow.

Anyway, **** Florida and go Vols.

We played a spot drop zone, the whole freaking defense was basically spying him. Lol

- We play that really soft zone that leaves lot of holes in the defense (This is definitely something I am concerned about)
- We were inconsistent at rushing the passer which does not help the first two points

Tennessee's defense is at its best when they bring pressure. Honestly, they produce their best product when rushing 6 people and dropping 5. Sure, it might leave some open spaces in the field, but our defensive zone has huge holes in it when dropping 4 anyway. We might as well try to get some pressure on the quarterback.

I love the young talent we have at linebacker and edge on this defense. Joshua Josephs played some massive snaps yesterday and NEARLY had a sack in the end zone. I think we just need to flip the roster in the secondary.

Also, Heupel and Banks are young coaches so I think they will continue to learn and grow.

My theory on the rushing idea, the defense isn't good anyways so blitz and maybe the QB will make a mistake.

I think you are correct. IF I had a say, and lets be clear I don't and have no idea what the coaches are doing but with that said sell out with constant pressure and hope for the best. It would turn into a high scoring game but..........never mind.

Another thought I had during the game - Jimmy Holiday is gonna house a kickoff return this year
Yeah, when he fair caught the ball at about the 8 yard line, I saw that he smacked himself on the head and realized he should’ve returned it. He actually had some green grass ahead of him if he would’ve. From that point on, he never fair caught another bowl.

The more I think of it, the happier I am. After Pruitt and company destroyed our team, in YEAR 2 game 4, Hype has beat 2 ranked team (including Florida) and slaughtered our other opponents. We have an incoming Quarterback who could possibly be the best in the country. We have a baseball coach who fits in so much with VOLS mindset.. JJJ says that our basketball team is the best he has played with. Lady Vols are getting better. (Gushy pep talk over)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back