Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rewatching the game again and I feel we have some younger guys who are actually better than the starters.

I had the same thought. That third quarter defense looked better than the first and second quarter on some series. I cannot think of the last time I thought that...

Rewatching the game again and I feel we have some younger guys who are actually better than the starters.

I know it was against Akron, but some young guys really flashed. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of these guys start at some point this year.

Heupel's hit rate on his first class is going to be big in 2-3 years. There's at least 5-6 freshman on defense alone that have already flashed as SEC starters.

Tyre, Pierce, JJ and Herring all look like future NFL guys.

Really excited to see more of Phillips and Christian Harrison.

I think the difference in a blow-out and a competitive game (at least in the first half) will be if Florida's defense can generate any positive plays for them.

Both teams will be amped up, the rivalry, the atmosphere, it's a big deal regardless of roster or records. If their defense is able to generate a turnover or even a TD then they'll play us tight/close until we're able to drive and score on them.

If I'm the staff I'd want our defense to open the game and see if they can get a quick 3 and out or TO and get into AR & Napier's heads early.

Last edited:
🦬💩...any given saturday, especially if the SEC decides to still hold us back and have their attack dog refs intervene.

Florida is not a scrub, they have a lot of high level talent...they can win this game with ref help and their usual luck.

We need to stop being so critical. It's like people can't wait to jump on the staff...that staff is why you think we are better.
I’m as positive as anyone on here…. You are paid to win games like this one Saturday…. It’s a down Florida team with a new head coach on their first road trip…. We SHOULD win this game…. If we don’t…. It gets even harder next season… Florida will be better and it would be on the road…. Good chance this staff would start 0-3 against Florida if we don’t get this win….Doesn’t mean that we overreact and start firing coaches…. Writing petitions.or any other moranic thing our fanbase has done….The staff will deserve criticism though and the staff should be critical of themselves so they can figure out what went wrong.

Arian Foster back in Neyland!?
Yeah he said even he can't believe that he's coming back.

Big T said in the very first episode of the show that his goal was to get Arian back involved with Tennessee Football. So, mission accomplished. PFT said that Big T pulled a "Parent Trap" with Arian and Tennessee and made them fall in love again lmao

I think that Arian was planning on coming back anyway with some of his teammates from the mid-00's, but it's cool that the whole Macrodosing crew will get to come too.

If the Barstool College Gameday show is coming, that means that Big Cat and PFT will both be on campus. If we put on a great show, and especially if we win, they will absolutely talk about it on Pardon My Take.

Huge positive publicity potential for the University this weekend. I think we'll already get a lot of good pub just by how wild/fun the pregame will be, but if we win, we'll be the talk of CFB next week.

Big T said in the very first episode of the show that his goal was to get Arian back involved with Tennessee Football. So, mission accomplished. PFT said that Big T pulled a "Parent Trap" with Arian and Tennessee and made them fall in love again lmao

I think that Arian was planning on coming back anyway with some of his teammates from the mid-00's, but it's cool that the whole Macrodosing crew will get to come too.

If the Barstool College Gameday show is coming, that means that Big Cat and PFT will both be on campus. If we put on a great show, and especially if we win, they will absolutely talk about it on Pardon My Take.

Huge positive publicity potential for the University this weekend. I think we'll already get a lot of good pub just by how wild/fun the pregame will be, but if we win, we'll be the talk of CFB next week.

The clouds are lifting. The world is healing.

I know it was against Akron, but some young guys really flashed. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of these guys start at some point this year.

19, 20, 27, & 44 jump off the screen when they are in the game. Not saying 19 & 27 will replace our current rotation, but they should play more as we go through the year.

Yeah I’ve listened to a few of the episodes, which I actually enjoy, and Arian didn’t seem like he had much intention of coming back anytime soon. Honestly, I feel like he was the epitome of a guy that just outgrew his love for football overall. He doesn’t watch CFB or NFL anymore. He doesn’t go back to games, whether Knoxville or Texans. He’s just super content with his after football career and I get the feeling from the podcasts that he’s just a guy that loves to learn and kind of explore different topics he’s interested in. I could see him as a history teacher after listening to some of the episodes honestly 😂

Reactions: BigSteve09
The only thing that truly scares me about this game is if Richardson somehow starts throwing accurate passes.

And let's face it...he's going to throw at least one TD against us. How many times are we on the wrong end of a broken streak or a season high for a player? I wouldn't be surprised if he marches their offense down the field like Tom Brady on the opening drive.

I have seen many times this past decade when a player breaks out of a slump against the Vols. BVS is real. I just try to tell myself that none of these Tennessee teams are the same.

🦬💩...any given saturday, especially if the SEC decides to still hold us back and have their attack dog refs intervene.

Florida is not a scrub, they have a lot of high level talent...they can win this game with ref help and their usual luck.

We need to stop being so critical. It's like people can't wait to jump on the staff...that staff is why you think we are better.

FL ain’t regular FL.

Their starting QB has thrown 0 TDs and 4 INTs and 53% completion rate through 3 games.

If Vols don’t win this game at home, that would be bad. Like real bad. And I am a YUUUUGE Heupel + staff fan.

It was mentioned earlier, but is Richardson’s ankle injury something to pay attention to? I didn’t watch any of the last game.

From reading UF's forums, it seems that he's somewhat hobbled and that Napier doesn't want him to run much because they have absolutely nothing behind him. So as bad/ineffective as he's been, his backup (which is really his backup's backup) is even worse.

IMO if Jack Miller wasn't injured, he would either start this game or replace Richardson early if he struggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back