Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so fast my BearCat. They just gave up an absurd number of passing yards to LSU. OSU has the kind of offense that could do the same. We did too had we not 1) missed a crazy number of wide open shots, 2) killed our own drives by being overly affected by the home crowd, and 3) had a 2nd half rainstorm.

That SECCG game was REALLY wonky...I mean easily a 17 pt swing on nothing but a returned FG and INT off a helmet bounce.

OSU can pull it off, but they need to start fast and take the crowd out of it. This UGA team is far from invincible.
they have the players. Just need to execute. Really happy they were setup 4th that way there’s two shots at taking Georgia down. Ohio State and then Michigan although we’ll see. Georgia obliterates TCU easily. Automatic win. Happy there’s no potential for that

I don't disagree, except the negavols will hold over the narrative that we were "only" 1 win better than Butch's 2 best seasons. Ofc ignoring our best wins were far better, we went WAY higher (#1), etc. But that will be the narrative and I'll hate if it goes down that way.

Ofc optimally we jusy rake Clemson and it's all good. But I would rather just go 11-2 and beat up on KSU or some B1G team, but alas.

I really really hope everyone plays for Joe...and for Hendon...and all these vets that turned things around. They deserve this. Plus it's Clemson, probably the 2nd/3rd best team of the decade they grew up in. They should view this like Bama-lite and want to go win it, for the clout if nothing else.
Yep. Hopefully they will view this as a big opportunity to take down a top team and show up and play their best.

Reactions: Devo182
I don't think this game has any true bearing on the momentum of the program. Butch beat a decent Nebraska team to finish the 2016 cycle, getting me excited that we were set up to reload rather than rebuild in 2017. Conversely, Clemson once lost the Orange Bowl 70-33 to West Virginia, right at the start of their current run.

The bowl game is great exposure for the program and worth celebrating. Whatever the outcome, learn from it and move on!
Well, very good points. Yes it will have no ultimate bearing just like the 2016 Northwestern beatdown didn't either.

But I'll just hate to have to hear the DA narratives about 10-3 vs 9-4 oh and 0-2 in bowl games blahblahblah 😔

Not so fast my BearCat. They just gave up an absurd number of passing yards to LSU. OSU has the kind of offense that could do the same. We did too had we not 1) missed a crazy number of wide open shots, 2) killed our own drives by being overly affected by the home crowd, and 3) had a 2nd half rainstorm.

That SECCG game was REALLY wonky...I mean easily a 17 pt swing on nothing but a returned FG and INT off a helmet bounce.

OSU can pull it off, but they need to start fast and take the crowd out of it. This UGA team is far from invincible.
I just hope it is a blowout either way.
I hate them both, so the best case scenario is that one of them leaves the field completely embarrassed, humiliated, and demoralized.

And then whoever wins gets their a$$ kicked in the final.

Yeah they were a more traditional run focused team back in those earlier years with a great defense. Essentially the style Pruitt was trying to bring here 🤦🏾‍♂️.
Yeah he was too dumb to realize that style of offense doesn’t cut it anymore and that it only worked in the past if you had a qb that didn’t turn the ball over lol.

I don't disagree, except the negavols will hold over the narrative that we were "only" 1 win better than Butch's 2 best seasons. Ofc ignoring our best wins were far better, we went WAY higher (#1), etc. But that will be the narrative and I'll hate if it goes down that way.

Ofc optimally we jusy rake Clemson and it's all good. But I would rather just go 11-2 and beat up on KSU or some B1G team, but alas.

I really really hope everyone plays for Joe...and for Hendon...and all these vets that turned things around. They deserve this. Plus it's Clemson, probably the 2nd/3rd best team of the decade they grew up in. They should view this like Bama-lite and want to go win it, for the clout if nothing else.
I’m about sick of the Negavols. There’s always going to be something to be negative about. They just wallow in it and pat themselves on the back because they don’t have any expectations of something good happening.

It's how I and many others will always remember Saban. A permanent, timeless impression.

He looks like a has-been. Begging for special treatment he doesn't deserve and his team didn't earn. Bama lost more games than the teams in front of them, has as many near-losses as near-wins and has already been jumped ahead of the team that beat them straight-up, head-to-head with their Heisman QB having a career night.

FjJsH4qWYAEARDW

Heupel's greatest accomplishment

Just wanna take a moment to list some teams who have been in BCS/NY6 games since we last were:

Northern Illinois
Washington State
Iowa
Western Michigan
Colorado
Houston
Oregon State
Maryland
UCONN
Arizona
Iowa State
Mississippi State
Ole Miss
North Carolina
Virginia
Kansas
what year did unc make? I remember they made the chick fil a bowl with peppers back in the day, but that’s it

Well, very good points. Yes it will have no ultimate bearing just like the 2016 Northwestern beatdown didn't either.

But I'll just hate to have to hear the DA narratives about 10-3 vs 9-4 oh and 0-2 in bowl games blahblahblah 😔

I've never understood why people expect new coaches to be perfect out of the gate. Nick Saban came into this season with arguably the most talented roster in history - a Heisman QB, a generational talent at DE, etc. He lost two games. It's simply hard to win every game. If you do, celebrate it, but don't gloat about it. If you don't, but the team is fun, well coached, and the coaches are solid people that have sound control over the program, pick up the pieces and move on to next year. Michigan for one I can tell you is quite happy they didn't melt down the program in Harbaugh's early years, despite all the "narratives" people generated about him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back