Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't we just buy good soccer players from other countries? Pay them and give them citizenship.
We already do that. Quite a few players for USA have dual citizenship. Only going to get you second tier players though. A better player from a more traditional soccer nation isn’t going to leave to play for the USA over their national team if they are in contention for that team.

Reactions: captainfalcon777
Admittedly ignorant take here, but it's surprising to me that the U.S. hasn't "accidentally" produced a soccer superstar even with our subpar training, pay, exposure, etc., compared to other sports. Just surprising that an elite athlete hasn't caught the soccer bug at an early age and doggedly stuck with it even though they might have excelled in other, more lucrative sports, too.

Not shocking that we can't field an entire team of studs due to the pull of other sports, but c'mon. We can't have ONE guy? Landon Donovan is the best we've had in decades and from what I understand, he was mediocre at best on a global scale.

A PSA from BaldBiker.

Other than the 20-30 likes i have already given out today, I will not be giving out any more, until I get what I want.

Tennessee vs Clemson in the Orange Bowl.

Sorry it had to come to this, but sometimes a man just has to stand up for what's right.

Respect my decision.
How many of us are you taking with you when we get in?

There's not going to be a speck of meat left when you are through picking that bone with Arnett. But I have to admit, you have me rethinking it.

Haha man I’ve just been looking for someone to engage and sell me on him besides “bc he’s better”. Not sure what justifies that, know what I mean? I’m not opposed to Arnett in the future but I wanted to know what made so many people want him when the stats that matter don’t separate him from the pack.

We already do that. Quite a few players for USA have dual citizenship. Only going to get you second tier players though. A better player from a more traditional soccer nation isn’t going to leave to play for the USA over their national team if they are in contention for that team.

What if we sweeten the pot a little...
giphy (11).gif

Then we need to add more incentive for them to come here.

Reactions: Glitch
Jerry Palm’s updated projections for TN:
Georgia win = Orange Bowl
LSU win = Citrus Bowl (USC would get Cotton)
That has to be a wish cast!? USC lands above us in the rank rankings after yesterday?! wtf. Tulane would beat USC. Just in case something that asinine happens, I've got my prediction in.

Mmm hmm ok. So they are paid off by media and tv execs? Or they just field their calls and shiver in theit boots under threats? Guess the BCS computers that have the same teams in are all told what to do by ABC executives too 🤔

I mean I could see it if the committee were a bunch of actual media employees or something but I don't get this conspiracy that they, for some unknown reason since you haven't mentioned one, do whatever tv networks want. I mean the tv networks would never have wanted tcu in or osu/bama out.

Theory doesn't hold water.
Devo, a lot of them have conference associations. And there has been a lot of talk about getting a Pac 12 team in and resentment nationally about SEC and even southern dominance (add Clemson to GA, AL, and LSU, and that gives you the last four winners). And I'm not sure about the stories about the BCS computers. Who is running BCS computers still and how do we know the parameters have not been tweeked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back