Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would all my praying Vols please pray for my husband and me (object of a preposition so use object pronoun me not I…lol drives me crazy)? Anyway, we’re just dragging and coughing. I would appreciate it!!! Felt too bad too get on much this week. Sure have not felt like forming sentences. Hoping this makes sense. Especially my “me” joke.
Prayers sent 🙏

Please be seen again. The flu can set you up for a pneumonia.

I give you the 2022 Vols offense:

Points per game average: 47.3 (first nationally)

Touchdowns: 75 (first nationally)

Rushing touchdowns: 39 (first nationally)

Passing touchdowns: 35 (tied fifth nationally)

Passing yards: 3,988 (third nationally)

Rushing yards: 2,469 (19th nationally)

Total yards: 6,457 (first nationally)

Just an unreal season of offense. Never thought I would see this kind of production on Rocky Top.
6079F957-808B-4672-B99C-06CCFB408896.gif

The fact that you're seriously asking is baffling to me. I'm not trying to be mean in saying that, at all; but, well...it is.

First, imo, if TCU loses...bye bye, see ya later. They're done. One loss or no, does not matter, whatsoever. With that, OSU in.

Notice I said if TCU AND! USC loses...
USC loses, Bama in right behind OSU.
Lol! Tell me you don’t know what you’re talking about without telling me you don’t know what you’re talking about lol

Does anyone else think Tillman comes back next year if he grades lower than a 3rd round pick?

I think the odds would have been a little better if he had not seen Hooker just have a torn ACL but I still wonder. This season was not good at all for his draft stock.

Doubt it. He spent his entire senior season injured. He’s not going to risk that again. He’ll go to the draft even if he’s 4th round or later now. He won’t want to risk another injury setting him back.

I've got a feeling that they also simplified the playcalls as well. There had been a lot of talk about how complicated it was for the QB to call the play in the huddle since they were trying to run a pro-style system all the way down to the long-winded playcalls. Hard to get all the players on offense to be on the same page doing that at the college level. They also seemed to have kept more guys in pass pro and gave Rattler fewer reads so he can make quicker and better decisions.

I'm hoping Rattler sees these games as the momentum he needs to leave early for the draft. Not a great decision for him, but I wonder if he risks coming back considering how bad things have been for him at South Carolina to this point. If he leaves, what does South Carolina have at QB behind him? Luke Doty and that's it? I doubt they're set-up to take another step forward next season, especially if Rattler leaves.
No, Beamer will just go get another transfer QB.

Does anyone else think Tillman comes back next year if he grades lower than a 3rd round pick?

I think the odds would have been a little better if he had not seen Hooker just have a torn ACL but I still wonder. This season was not good at all for his draft stock.

Unless his injury is more severe than was reported, he'll still be near the top of WR boards, IMO. My guess is he's a Day 2 pick, and he'll leave.

I think he's gone.

Ced deserves to go get his money and his shot in the league. Kid bleeds orange and it was a tough yr on him I’m sure. He is one of the main guys who helped bring us back. So for that he’s forever a Vol Legend to me.

The track record Heup is building will only keep those types of receivers interested in coming here though. Won’t be any shortage.

Gladly praying. Need some for my stepdad, who has a tumor in his brain now after fighting cancer in his lung and cirrhosis earlier this year. My sister had a breakdown last Friday and was released just yesterday after my brother-in-law was dusted up in some dispute with a student in his school. Rains and pours. Stay strong.

Prayers sent 🙏

The more I think about Bama being ranked above us the more I hate it. Not only did we beat them, we beat the other team that beat them, convincingly, at their place. On paper we are clearly better. I get that they only have two losses, both were close and in the final minutes, but you have to take on field results into account. Close doesn’t count.
Bama didn’t play Georgia or they would have three losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back