Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is virtually no way the Vols get in, almost zero. Those undefeated teams losing above us will not fall below us. Clemson should but might not. No way OSU does. If Bama loses, maybe. We'll be lucky to get to 7 with everything falling our way.
Clemson drops below us for sure. And it would be a hard sell to have two 10-2 teams from the SEC where one has a better SOS and has the head to head win, get in over the other team. IMO. Not sure why you think 7. We could easily end at five. Clemson is dropping below us, USC loses and they drop below us, TCU loses next two and drop below us, and LSU just needs to lose one of the next two which will happen. We could be 4 or 5 with some luck.

Real prediction is:
1. UGA
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. OSU

5. Bama
6. UT
7. Clemson

Still fun to talk about scenarios.

As long as UGA doesn’t win it all
I think the depressing thing about today is there is clearly not a single team I think can actually beat Georgia. We’re going to have to listen to the barking Dawg fans crow about winning back-to-back national championships…..

I don’t think there is anyone who will beat UGA. It’s possible, but UGA can out talent anyone in the country not named Alabama.

Clemson drops below us for sure. And it would be a hard sell to have two 10-2 teams from the SEC where one has a better SOS and has the head to head win, get in over the other team. IMO. Not sure why you think 7. We could easily end at five. Clemson is dropping below us, USC loses and they drop below us, TCU loses next two and drop below us, and LSU just needs to lose one of the next two which will happen. We could be 4 or 5 with some luck.

Real prediction is:
1. UGA
2. Michigan
3. TCU
4. OSU

5. Bama
6. UT
7. Clemson

Still fun to talk about scenarios.
I think they'll take into account the way the Vols lost at SC and I think they'll factor in Hooker. I'm not 100% they'll drop Clemson below us.

Yeah honestly I think Ohio State losing is most likely gonna sneak them in as the #4. If TCU or USC slips up.

Bama because it’s Bama will be the 2 loss most likely getting in anyway. We all know how this show goes.

If we had actual DBs and a DC who could scheme a secondary we would wipe the floor with them.
Even with Tim Banks drawing up plays on an etch a sketch.

had we not rolled in SP with 1 DB, and did more to remedy said depth issues than shrugging shoulders, like the cook from 'You Cant Do That on TV.'

'Iii dunno.'AEA8949E-8695-45CD-81F4-94CEAA51F581.jpeg

Agreed but it sadly won’t be. Pollsters have recency bias. No reason TN should be behind 2 teams they beat with the same record, while playing a much high SOS

Just blow out Vandy, watch Hendon in New York, win our bowl game. Top 5 finish and ride the hype into a preseason top 10 team next year
I'm going to get hate for this I know I am. I understand Bama still being ranked highly. I just don't understand why we aren't at the top of the 2 loss heap. Everybody else lost around 4 spots when the lost. Bama didn't really move after their loss to LSU.
I will say, trying to look at it from the committees point of view. You could honestly argue both of Bamas losses were flukes. A missed FG and a 2 pt conversion
But both of our losses were honestly ass whippings. People don't want to admit it but UGA dominated that game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back