Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure he is. Can we beat LSU without him? Yes. However, you cannot say that Cedric Tillman is not needed in a SEC road game. He is needed so this offense can function at its best.
Lol. I'd rather have him 100% for Bama then run a 70% Tillman out against LSU. Keyton played well against Florida and proved he's not needed next week.

If you add their QBR's together then you have a really good QB!

the-house-will-ferrell.gif

Lol. I'd rather have him 100% for Bama then run a 70% Tillman out against LSU. Keyton played well against Florida and proved he's not needed next week.
Well, I think we can agree we shouldn't rest him for the Bama game because "we don't have a chance". That was the original point I was arguing against.

USCjr board with some good stuff
How was Tennessee able to build a better team?
Curious as to everyone's insight.
They seemed to be in a worse situation than us 2 years ago. But they came back stronger than ever.
Why? Where did the players come from? How were they able to rebuild so quickly and we could not?
This is the part of college football I don't understand.

Most liked response over there
Coaching plan and simple. This guy brought a MODERN day college offense. It is one that players like to play in and fans like to watch. Plus they have a professional AD that has proved he knows the business way to run a large organization. College sports are a huge business , and have to be run as such. Tennessee finally got a few things right. For those of you who think they are not back , YOU are wrong.

More
I'm still not completely convinced they're "back." Every year at UCF his teams got worse. I'm putting them on upset alert at LSU this weekend based off of no factual data other than hope.

Response
I absolutely LOATHE Tennesshe but unfortunately, they will be "back" well enough to kick our tails....

I don’t do the first two but I like coffee. 2 or 3 cups of a morning.

Since you have a Kamado Joe, have you ever looked at roasting your own coffee beans? I saw some “recipes” and techniques for it and thought it would be cool to try. I don’t have a basket for my JoeTisserie yet I can try it, but I may just try it out when I do.

Reactions: Jack Burton
A one loss TN that doesn't get to Atlanta isn't getting in the playoffs. UGA and Bama would get in.

Not entirely true. I’d rather win the East and give ourselves a chance but if we were to beat Bama and lose to UGA, and then UGA beats Bama in the SEC championship, we have a better shot to get in than a 2 loss Bama that we beat earlier in the year. If Bama wins the SEC championship in this scenario then yes, they probably both get in over us.

USCjr board with some good stuff

Most liked response over there

More

Response

The lazy response is his “UCF teams got worse each year”

You are what your record says you are is a lazy assumption made by casuals. From year 1 to year 3, the offense improved and YPG increased. The defense drastically got worse. Some of that blame can be placed on Heupel for not holding his defensive staff more accountable. But his teams remained the same, competitive wise, all 3 years.

A one loss TN that doesn't get to Atlanta isn't getting in the playoffs. UGA and Bama would get in.

UGA and Bama both get in the playoff if they’re both undefeated in this scenario. If one enters Atlanta with a loss and loses, that team is out. That’ll open the door for a 1-loss at-large.

UT just needs to take care of itself. There’s no pressure for this year’s team, being much ahead of schedule. 10 wins and a NY6 is guaranteed. 9-3 and they’ll be in the mix and if not, the Citrus Bowl is more likely. If they do the unthinkable and finish 11-1, a playoff spot isn’t out of the realm of a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back