Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only other time we were top 10 post-Fulmer we had the #14 most talented team per 247 Team Talent Composite. We lasted 2 weeks at #9 during the season and that was in Y4. It took years of recruiting just to get there and enjoy a very fleeting moment before a 12 month total collapse.

This time we will stay at #8 (or higher) for at least 2 weeks. And only in Y2. This year we are #19 in the Team Talent Composite. 1 spot ahead of USCjr. And yet we couldn't be any further from that team.

For once we FINALLY have a coach that does more with less. We aren't trying to recruit THEN win, only to find out the coach can't elevate said talent. Instead we are winning regardless, then the elite talent will follow, which will only make our winning ways even better. Been waiting for a coach like this forever. Not a "oh well we'll just recruit over all the players" like Pruitt 😒
This is very well said. Even Kiffen was only concerned with Recruiting and he wasted that year of talent. This is a sign of a good Coach winning this early.

I don’t know if it’s been discussed much, but hidden behind all the fanfare for our explosive passing game, we racked up 220+ yards of rushing on Saturday.

There have been Florida games in the last 10-20 years where we barely rushed for 30-40 yards.

Think about that for a min.
I was blown away by our rushing. Hooker and Small brought the heat. Didn't expect that. Our offense really played a near perfect game (minus our #1 WR) minus those daggum FUMBLES.

If we can hold onto the ball, keep rushing that way, this offense is as good as any.

I seent it midplay and on the replay.

My only questions were - 1) was there an offscreen defender flying up on Bru? The tv angle was hard to tell. And 2) was HH avoiding the risk because one of their defenders was shadowing him and sort of in the path of the potential pass.

But yeah in the moment I fully agree. It looked like a game-ender at least. And I fully believe the mood would be a lot different had we just been able to finish it there. People let the last 90 seconds affect their view of the overall game too much imo. That wasn't remotely a 5 point game overall. UF was downright lucky to not hand the ball over on their half of the field multiple times and needed 5/6 4th downs just to barely keep within a couple TDs late.
I think he probably already knew the ball was going to the tight end.

Same here but was willing to let him prove himself. Just another example that shows we really don’t know what we’re talking about most times lol.

That said, if any of us were as bad at our jobs as Wolken, we’d all be fired 10x over. Does dude have nudes of his bosses wife or something?
Well, he is buds with John Currie. That speaks volumes.

Reactions: UTMVol76
Were there this many major college firings this early in the season last year? So far we have Scott Frost, Herm Edwards, and Geoff Collins and we’re still in September.
Feels like it's been happening over time and won't slow down. Social media society. Everything moves faster and a consensus is quickly formed.

Disdain used to come in spurts...letters to the AD, maybe phone calls for those with the right number...letters to the editor of the local newspaper for the rest. Coaches had time. Consensus amongst fans was harder to grasp due to disparate sources of fan sentiment.

Nowadays the storms come fast and don't let up.

I was disappointed until I started watching YouTube videos of his offense….I didn’t know if we would win big but I knew it would be fun…. It hasn’t disappointed so far.
Not in the least. And, I think much of my angst was from the fact that he seemed like we settled for him because Danny White knew him. Now, I believe he was the first choice all along and it appears to be the right choice.

Next week's slate does kind of work in our favor for an earlier kickoff:

Auburn at Georgia
Texas A&M at Alabama
SCar at Kentucky
Tennessee at LSU
Ole Miss at Vandy
Arkansas at Miss St
Mizzou at Florida

Once CBS takes A&M at Bama, you've got some games to shuffle in among these:

Red River Shootout, always at noon
Ohio St at Mich St
Wash St at USC - probably a night game for the USC prime time people
Texas Tech at Ok St - feels like a nigh game
#23 FSU at #10 NC State
Utah at UCLA - probably a late(r) game
Kansas State at Iowa State

ESPN isn't going to put Tennessee vs LSU in the afternoon slot to battle A&M vs Bama. They might put FSU vs NC St there.

There are a lot of west coast games that will need the night slots, so I could see us getting slated to noon as the ESPN/SEC alternate to the Red River Shootout. I think that a lot of it depends on how the LSU vs Auburn game goes. If Auburn wins, that's more hype for their game vs UGA, if LSU wins that's more hype for their game vs us.

Reactions: jakez4ut
He got 6-8 inches with 4 reps. I’m moving on now. I had to know
twss.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back